Anyone take out a personal or medical loan to pay for implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ViaSwiss

Anyone take out a personal or medical loan to pay for implant?

Postby ViaSwiss » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:48 am

I am still going to be fighting insurance (Ambetter) and seeing if I can find a policy in open enrollment in a few months that will cover the procedure.

But my backup plan is to take out a personal loan for $19k to cover Dr Karpman. I was curious if anyone else has done the same and what is cheapest way/bank to get a lower interest rate. Right now my bank's quote was around 11% for 60-72 months.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

softtohard

Re: Anyone take out a personal or medical loan to pay for implant?

Postby softtohard » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:55 am

ViaSwiss wrote:I am still going to be fighting insurance (Ambetter) and seeing if I can find a policy in open enrollment in a few months that will cover the procedure.

But my backup plan is to take out a personal loan for $19k to cover Dr Karpman. I was curious if anyone else has done the same and what is cheapest way/bank to get a lower interest rate. Right now my bank's quote was around 11% for 60-72 months.

Yes I did. I had to take a lone of 7000 dollar to be able to do it now becaus the timing was just right.
Last edited by softtohard on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ED since 22 years old now 36 years old. 18/July/2019, Coloplast 22 cm Dr Eid New York.
From Sweden, Stockholm, Girlfriend

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:I am still going to be fighting insurance (Ambetter) and seeing if I can find a policy in open enrollment in a few months that will cover the procedure.

If you own real estate of any kind, a second mortgage, my guess, should be around 4-5% First mortgage with cash out between 3.5-4% right now (Aug 2019 as quoted to me by loan origination companies).

The medical offices often give discounts for paying cash, but the discount may or may not be substantial. The money side is separate from the medical side of the business, so don't be afraid to ask. They sometimes do payment arrangements. They probably have knowledge of how other patients have financed their costs. Ask the office manager of the business/billing side.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Yes, I took out a personal loan from my bank.

Les1992

Postby Les1992 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:48 pm

Sofi is a good source for such loans. Probably 5 to 6% unsecured simple interest.

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:47 am

I am saving. I will save about 80% and then take a loan for the rest though. Simply because I am too eager to get it done!
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:29 pm

I stupidly took money from my 401k as hardship since loans are not offered with 401k. I did it after I went to a two world class penile implanters. One did not bill insurance at 30k the other did bill insurance stars 24k. But I latter found from insurance that the Dr did not send in any medical records or diagnosis. Insurance used exclusion to deny. So pay up. But I had PD and then ED and was going to challenge. In the interim Xiaflex blew out my penis even more. Went to 2 other non world class implanters. They explained implants where my only option. I had the surgery 1/2/2020 and insurance said it was covered. So it was done. I have a $500 copay I think. However hospital did not request any payment. I had accepted the word of the 24k Dr office and that was wrong. I will pay penalty and tax on that money. But one thing I leave with this. Read your denial letter. Make sure the Dr gives you a diagnosis. If it’s just for implants with no other medical reasons, insurance may deny. The procedure codes does mean everything. It’s the difference between a plan exclusion and a exclusion exception.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Did not for the 1st and 2nd ones, but may have to for the 3nd one.
Leaving that one open ended as I have a malleable right now, and it was able to accomplish what I wanted, which was ass fucking.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Absolutely, I work for a non profit hospital system. When paying cash, your a windfall for them. They will negotiate especially since they know what they would take if insurance paid. The standard Medicare rate for ipp is about 16k give or take. Most people don’t realize how many people don’t pay anything when they don’t have it. There are also limitations on collecting medical debts. My policy does not even require prior authorization for Ipp. Many peeps don’t even know when an employer has a exclusion until the claim is denied.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:33 pm

GrooveRI wrote:Hey! OP, how did your story end? I searched for old thread like this one, because I wanted to ask about it someone who already solved this problem. Because I have it too. But I don't know where to actually find a good loan option. One of my friends recommended to me https://expertpaydayloans.com. He says, that they gave him a car loan with a 4 % interest rate. The point is - his car costs like an implant I want to buy. So there is a chance that I can take an implant loan with similar interest rate. Maybe there is an even better option?

due to cost I opted to put it on hold.

If you ask Dr Karpman in Cali he accepts a loan service but its a higher rate (13-20%). You are better off getting a 0% interest credit card and trying to pay it off as fast as possible.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Return to “Implants”