AMS 700, difficulty using bulb to inflate

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Fletch66

AMS 700, difficulty using bulb to inflate

Postby Fletch66 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Greetings all. Had my implant installed 14 days ago. The doctor released the pressure from surgery, and it felt like he was pinching something delicate down there. I was trying to pull away it hurt so bad. I can't inflate because it hurts too much just in the scrotum, feels like I'm pinching myself. Anyone else have this issue, or have any suggestions? Thanks.
53 yr old, tried everything, been going on for over 15 years, AMS 700 on 7/30/2019.

jisherwood

Re: AMS 700, difficulty using bulb to inflate

Postby jisherwood » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 pm

I kinda had the same issue but I wasn't deflated till week 4. everything is still really sensitive in that area. Just give i time as the old saying goes "TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS" :lol: Now that I am 7 weeks out I can finally grab hold of thing, so to speak and pump to my hearts content. :P. I am having other issues as to how many pumps will it take to become a towel rack. Just like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop. be patient it will all come together
64yrs, nerve sparring surgery Dec'17, neobladder with prostate removal because of bladder cancer, gave up on trimix, became bionic with AMS 700 CX June 2019. :ugeek:

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 pm

My Surgeon left me inflated at 80% after surgery and deflated me to about 70% the day after.

Yes, it pinched (and "pinch is WAY to moderate a word for how much it hurt).

A couple weeks later when cleared to pump up and deflate, it still was sore when I did so. But each time less. Partly because I adjusted my grip to spread the pressure more evenly, partly because I was able to keep the pump bulb from shifting unexpectedly and mostly because the tenderness from the operation dissipated and was replaced by toughening of the scrotal tissues. They do not FEEL tougher to the touch - like my girlfriend cannot detect callouses on the inside or on the outside my scrotum, but I became toughened to the pressing.

So, don't worry. It will get easier.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:14 pm

I was implanted on 6/18/19 and experienced the same thing your going through. Continue to use ice to keep reducing the swelling. I also sat in my bathtub with the temperature at about 115 degrees. The hotter the better to help soften the bulb which was as hard as a rock when I was 1st allowed to start inflation & deflation. Now after 2 months it has become much easier although it’s still somewhat hard. I hope it continues to soften in the months ahead. The pinching I still have sometime, but it’s not that bad. Try taking a couple extra strength Tylenol if it’s more than you can tolerate. Also, my surgeon told me to continue to keep pulling the pump down every time I urinated, & I’m sure glad I did. You don’t want it to heal high up in your scrotum. I was a little intimidated when 1st started trying to activate my pump, but through Jamie who is the liaison for AMS she can help you over the phone. She also gave me a name & phone number of a guy who also helped me whenever I had an issue that I called.Early on, I even thought I had a defective pump. Now, everyday seems to be easier as all the other guys on Franktalk have said. A few weeks ago I wasn’t sure I had made the right decision, but realize today it was the right decision. Hang in there it will all improve in the days & weeks ahead.
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

Frenchboy

Postby Frenchboy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

14 days ? It totally normal it hurts. Take months to be fully healed.

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I was implanted and had my 2 week follow up last Tuesday. I had a painful visit and that made me scared to cycle it. Yesterday I was finally successful with cycling and yes the pump is hard as a rock and it hurt but not as bad as I thought it would. My scrotum gets to hurting from being squeezed. So I try to move the pump around to different places to reduce the discomfort. I don't think I have been able to pump up all the way yet because the pump is so stiff and the discomfort because the scrotum is still very sensitive.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 pm

trlewis35 wrote:Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I was implanted and had my 2 week follow up last Tuesday. I had a painful visit and that made me scared to cycle it. Yesterday I was finally successful with cycling and yes the pump is hard as a rock and it hurt but not as bad as I thought it would. My scrotum gets to hurting from being squeezed. So I try to move the pump around to different places to reduce the discomfort. I don't think I have been able to pump up all the way yet because the pump is so stiff and the discomfort because the scrotum is still very sensitive.

A mild analgesic (Asprin, Tylenol, Advil, etc) can help. Pumping after you warm the pump bulb in a hot bath or under a heating pad makes the bulb easier to pump. I found the most effective thing I did was to adjust my grip so the pump bulb was secure (not liable to shift suddenly under my grip) and couch the bulb in my hand so that pressure was spread over as large an area of skin as possible.

Keep on keeping on. Cycling the implant at this stage of your recovery is important.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks for the input Lost Sheep. I've been doing this and after 5 times cycling the pump seems to be getting easier now and I seem to have about my original girth and have already gained some length. I think the increase in length is from being able to get more pumps into him.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

Piddlin

Postby Piddlin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:03 pm

The pump will get softer and fingers stronger. Pump as much as you can the leave it till it hurts too much. Do it again tomorrow and the next day and so on. You are stretching a bunch of used muscles. Be patient and consistent. You will be glad you did, and as others said you will gain length.
Best of luck.
63 yo with ED since RP in 1/2013. March 31, 2017 implanted with AMS CX MS 700, 21 cm with 1cm RTE

Garypaxton4

Postby Garypaxton4 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Getting very upset and despondent over not being able to inflate. To the point of tears. This pump will not pump up. Keep trying for the popping sound. Can't hear or feel it over my screams. Seven days ago my doctor told me to inflate three times a day. I have gotten it twice, well, actually my girlfriend did. I should have been inflated 21 times by now, according to my doctor's directions. I squeeze until I'm blue in the face, and can't walk. I have tried it alone, with girlfriend, lying down, standing up, sitting in a chair, sitting in the tub. Tried hot water, heating pad. Nothing, not a thing, no pop. Tried Gorilla Snot to improve my grip on my testicles, nothing. (Gorilla Snot is a tacky substance guitar pickers use to hold on to their picks.) Tried doing it while watching the local weather girl, nothing. Very sorry I did this at this point, has not been worth it.

Return to “Implants”