deleted

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lost Sheep

Re: Girth of cylinders base on diameter

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:@ csr122
Check out my post here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12866

Is it possible the titan implants have more girth the longer they are? Like a 26 cm long titan has a little less girth then at 28 cm titan? If it’s true it would be better to have a 24 cm titan with no rtes then compared to a 20 cm titan with 4 cm rtes. At least in respect to girth and diameter of cylinders.

It would be nice to have a equation you can calculate your flaccid size into.

Regardless of girth of any particular length of the implant (or even whether it is AMS or Coloplast) it is better to have fewer RTEs. As I have read it explained, the RTEs are rigid and do not expand when the implant is inflated. They embed in the pelvic crus. The scar tissue that forms around rear tip only gets so stiff to hold the rear tip of the implant at the "penile angle of erection" (the angle your penis will point up when inflated). The deeper the inflatable portion of the implant is inside that scar tissue foundation/base/support/matrix, the better that base can hold it. The reasoning behind this is because, when the implant is deflated, this "foundation" grips the narrower (uninflated) cylinder. When inflated, the foundation's grip is tighter, thus more resistant to letting your erection flop around. If the foundation grips a non-inflating rear of the implant, the grip is the same tension all the time and does not have the opportunity to be any tighter upon inflation since there is no size change to that rear end of the implant.

Lame explanation, sorry. I didn't have the time to make a more imaginative explanation.

Equation to calculate flaccid size? Considering the variations between individual men, that would be impossible.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:32 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:@ lost sheep
Your probably right I really won’t know until months after the surgery what my girth is. I wonder if the surgeon with have several sizes of implants on hand. The implants go up in length 2 cm at a time so when I see members here with more then a 1 cm rte it makes me wonder why the surgeon would not just go up a size in implant. When the dr did the stretch test on me he injected caverject and my dick pointing at the floor and I could fold it in half like a taco. He measured me at 7” but I have mantained my length of 7.5” since the ED started. I’m gonna try showing him some more pics I took of my erection to make sure here has a couple implant sizes available Incase the internal measurement with the rods shows there’s more room. I really don’t know what to say to him though....

Say exactly that. Ask him to be sure he has a size larger than he thinks (basis for this request is that you do know 7.5" is your normal and since this is .5" -a full cm- longer, you would be much more comfortable going into the operation if he had all likely sizes available).

A firm seating of the tips of the implant into the glans really is just as essential to a good fit as seating into the crus.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm

That was one important question I asked. I expected no more than 1 rte. Since titan comes in 2 cm increments that should be enough. The fewer rtes the better. That is according to several studies..

Doc said he has the sizes available. He told me he only uses them if necessary or for some reason your body needs them for tube placement.

I ended up with 1 rte but it seems to be fine. Pumped up I point out about 2.30 or 3. Any sexual position is doable now.

Just ask your doc what his rte policy is and if he has 18cm cylinders, and up on hand. For your size.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:25 am

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Namirrah

Postby Namirrah » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:32 am

Happy Toy wrote:I have a Titan implanted a year ago this past June. My "natural" girth has always been 5.5". I say natural because from using trimix for over 12 years, I gained just over an inch in girth, 6.5+". I lost that "gained" girth with my implant and I'm back to my 5.5". Right after the implant and for over 4 months I was about 5 inches in girth but slowly I have regained that 1/2". I am 5.5" long by 5.5" girth...

Happy Toy, I'm curious, is your return to 5.5" from 6.5" girth because that is the maximum girth of your implant? Or, is it some other reason?

I ask because I too have a larger than 6" girth and will likely need an implant eventually. However, I'd like to keep my girth.
Age: 39, Diabetic (well controlled) HBP (since teens, less well controlled, but ok),
mild ED for 3 years, l arginine l citrulline and norvaline (amino acid stack) helped.
Pills: ineffective. Started trimix: 6/24/18, EXTREMELY effective.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:32 am

Namirrah wrote:
Happy Toy wrote:I have a Titan implanted a year ago this past June. My "natural" girth has always been 5.5". I say natural because from using trimix for over 12 years, I gained just over an inch in girth, 6.5+". I lost that "gained" girth with my implant and I'm back to my 5.5". Right after the implant and for over 4 months I was about 5 inches in girth but slowly I have regained that 1/2". I am 5.5" long by 5.5" girth...

Happy Toy, I'm curious, is your return to 5.5" from 6.5" girth because that is the maximum girth of your implant? Or, is it some other reason?

I ask because I too have a larger than 6" girth and will likely need an implant eventually. However, I'd like to keep my girth.

As far as I can tell, my large girth was the result of using trimix for so long. Before the implant, my flaccid girth was was about the same as it is now, almost 5". I always amazed me how much it grew. Also with the injections, my dick was very round erect, now it is oval, so lost some fullness there as well. Yes, I wish I had the large girth but I don't, but it is hard and the same length.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

edwardl007

Postby edwardl007 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:09 pm

I don't know but a lot of guys here are talking of 6 inches or more of girth - pre and/or post op. At least to me, 6 inches of girth is huge and I - who have at least average size hands and fingers - can barely get them around that size girth. Are you all measuring correctly?
68 years old; ED for 30 years; implanted by Dr Kramer on August 27, 2019; 18 cm with 1 cm RTE

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 pm

edwardl007 wrote:I don't know but a lot of guys here are talking of 6 inches or more of girth - pre and/or post op. At least to me, 6 inches of girth is huge and I - who have at least average size hands and fingers - can barely get them around that size girth. Are you all measuring correctly?

I used a cloth tape and measured many times, that is what it was, 6.5+" mid shaft.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”