Still considering implant

Most times, ED is ED. But sometimes, concerns are going to be different.
Latane

Still considering implant

Postby Latane » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:55 am

Hello guys

Been a while since I was on this site . Life took a real tumble so I I had to regroup . Still considering an implant but would like to hear experience from guys who usually like to ‘ bottom ‘ and how they have been after the implant . It’s kind of hard to ask these questions but they are very important . Forget how to navigate this site but am sure will get back into it . Anybody who contacted me previously I’d like to say thanks and if you wish please say hello again . Colin if you see this - wanted to private you but it didn’t happen . Thanks all . Noel
57 year old gay Male / Dublin , Ireland / Diagnosed with venous leak 2016 . Tried all pills and Muse . Now considering an implant .

krh9999

Re: Still considering implant

Postby krh9999 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:46 pm

I'm on the same page, still considering it and curious to know from other bottoms with an implant.
52 yo Gay Male. LA/Palm Springs CA. Had Dr. Elist penile/ball implants in 2009. Had it all removed about a year later (don't do it!!!). Silicone injected into scrotum. ED for about 15 years. Was about 8", now 6.5-7" due to venous leak.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:58 pm

All...with just enough great wine in me from dinner, I'll attempt to answer from my own perspective sans alcohol.

With ED controlling my life for 15+ years, the only thing I could do was (as a MBiM) to behave as a bottom. And, with the introduction to the gay lifestyle in SF in the mid '60's, I reverted to my bi side rather quickly since living without sex of some kind was as foreign to me as to be deprived of oxygen for more than a few minutes.

I totally enjoyed being a bottom (so much so that my handle on many sites is 'nkbtm23140'). It offered a foray into both gay and bi lifestyles that I could relate to and give of myself what I could with the limitations that ED fenced off for me. Trying to be a top was totally out of the question for me as a husband and m2m player. Yes, I could obtain a great erection while stimulated but the moment I attempted penetration, either vaginally or anally, I was done. No pills helped and I wasn't about to use rubber bands to cut off circulation to my penis nor use expensive VEDs or (EEK) needles in my penis.

My only option was the irreversible procedure known as IPP.

I informed my wife that on November 8th, 2018, I was going to have implant surgery. She was, understandably skeptical at first, asking "Why didn't you do this 15 years ago?" Followed up by the phrase that "Just know that we won't be having sex like we were just married!!" Thanks, hon, for your support...

She came around, however, as time grew closer and eventually went all in with me. Post-op has been difficult but just to say that I now 'work' where I hadn't been able to work before. Back to the question at hand: pre-op bottom switch to post-op 'top' or at least 'versatile'.

For me, the transition has been interesting. Sex with my wife has been great as she has assumed some roles that she could not have done before. Positions that I could not maintain (cowgirl), she has excelled at and has brought me to orgasm when I couldn't have held my erection before! OK...one success! My role as a bi top/ versatile has been more difficult. With a m2m playdate, I've had to totally revise my bi thinking to be more 'in charge' than a 'just take me and fuck me' one. I still play a bottom with several guys but I've had requests from some of them that they want me to top them. Hmmmmmmm...role reversal that has me focusing differently on our relationships. Not for the worse, by any means. I've enjoyed gently leading these tops into the world of a bottom and, to date, have had no complaints.

So...do not NOT have an implant if this situation is an issue for you. I endorse your change of direction, whether permanent or temporary. I STILL enjoy bottoming from the pure joy of giving pleasure with my body to my lover! Nothing beats that.

Anyway, I'm too long with words. If you have other questions or comments, please PM me. I'm willing to discuss more "in depth" responses. ;)

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

philly444

Postby philly444 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm

I sent you a PM. private message
AMS 700 LGX 18cm, implanted December 16, 2016, University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Wm. Jaffe Married to a Man

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 am

I guess I'm a bit confused by your posting. Having an implant doesn't change your love of bottoming, it certainly hasn't for me!
If you didn't have ED and still preferred to bottom, I doubt anyone would refuse you just because you could get hard.
So you'll be a bottom with a bionic boner, not as if you have to inflate it during sex. And when you do get the urge to top or oral, you're ready to go.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:20 am

greg...sorry for my response being confusing...happens when I try to explain in too much detail. Your comment was right on target. I do love to bottom (hasn't changed) but being a top has expanded my horizons with guys I knew before becoming bionic and after.

philly...did you sends me a PM or just to greg?

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Charlie2019

Postby Charlie2019 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:05 am

navy6587 wrote:All...with just enough great wine in me from dinner, I'll attempt to answer from my own perspective sans alcohol.

With ED controlling my life for 15+ years, the only thing I could do was (as a MBiM) to behave as a bottom. And, with the introduction to the gay lifestyle in SF in the mid '60's, I reverted to my bi side rather quickly since living without sex of some kind was as foreign to me as to be deprived of oxygen for more than a few minutes.

I totally enjoyed being a bottom (so much so that my handle on many sites is 'nkbtm23140'). It offered a foray into both gay and bi lifestyles that I could relate to and give of myself what I could with the limitations that ED fenced off for me. Trying to be a top was totally out of the question for me as a husband and m2m player. Yes, I could obtain a great erection while stimulated but the moment I attempted penetration, either vaginally or anally, I was done. No pills helped and I wasn't about to use rubber bands to cut off circulation to my penis nor use expensive VEDs or (EEK) needles in my penis.

My only option was the irreversible procedure known as IPP.

I informed my wife that on November 8th, 2018, I was going to have implant surgery. She was, understandably skeptical at first, asking "Why didn't you do this 15 years ago?" Followed up by the phrase that "Just know that we won't be having sex like we were just married!!" Thanks, hon, for your support...

She came around, however, as time grew closer and eventually went all in with me. Post-op has been difficult but just to say that I now 'work' where I hadn't been able to work before. Back to the question at hand: pre-op bottom switch to post-op 'top' or at least 'versatile'.

For me, the transition has been interesting. Sex with my wife has been great as she has assumed some roles that she could not have done before. Positions that I could not maintain (cowgirl), she has excelled at and has brought me to orgasm when I couldn't have held my erection before! OK...one success! My role as a bi top/ versatile has been more difficult. With a m2m playdate, I've had to totally revise my bi thinking to be more 'in charge' than a 'just take me and fuck me' one. I still play a bottom with several guys but I've had requests from some of them that they want me to top them. Hmmmmmmm...role reversal that has me focusing differently on our relationships. Not for the worse, by any means. I've enjoyed gently leading these tops into the world of a bottom and, to date, have had no complaints.

So...do not NOT have an implant if this situation is an issue for you. I endorse your change of direction, whether permanent or temporary. I STILL enjoy bottoming from the pure joy of giving pleasure with my body to my lover! Nothing beats that.

Anyway, I'm too long with words. If you have other questions or comments, please PM me. I'm willing to discuss more "in depth" responses. ;)

Edd

Where are you from?? :)
53 years old. 3 botched circumcisions starting at 3 years old. 2 botched reconstructive attempts, finally got the AMS LGX on Dec 14, 2017 in London Ontario by Dr. Gerry Brock. Great Dr. Love my implant

Return to “ED and Gay men”