Went from "What did I do" to "OH YEAH!!"

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lunatech

Went from "What did I do" to "OH YEAH!!"

Postby Lunatech » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:22 am

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I updated so I thought I'd start a new thread. I was implanted back on 2/28 and activated 6wks later on 4/12. I had an issue with the pocket the pump was placed in and had to have the pump re positioned but that's all good now.

Now to what I really wanted to say. Right after activation we (my wife and I) were having buyers remorse. We were both thinking "what did we just do?" I went from being able to get a fairly usable erection with a pump and ring around 40ish% of the time to a thin, short, pitiful looking penis that didn't preform anywhere close to our expectations (even after reading all the advice/experiences on here). I couldn't orgasm but maybe 20% of the time and my penis was so small in length and girth compared to what I once was I was really regretting getting the implant. We had just settled into the mind set of "it is what is". BUT now I'm several more months in and have been cycling and everything has been stretching out we are both in the "OH YEAH" camp. Length and girth are both coming back the more I cycle and after our "session" the other night my wife and I are both REALLY happy I had it done and I'm still gaining length and girth so everything is continuing to get better. I LOVE not having to worry about going soft while making love and my orgasms have come back and are better than before.

So for those of you who are early in the game and my be thinking "What the F#%% have I done?", hang in there it DOES get better and better. I'm fully pumped and stretching right now as I type this and that's the key. Pump and stretch at least twice a day. I will hurt in the beginning but will get better with time but if you want you size back you have to work it out. I've been amazed at what I've gotten back and remember when you're stretching pump till it hurts and pump a little more (no pain no gain). I'll try to update this with pics when time allows if you all want me to.

Hang in there bionic brothers.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

Bailey

Re: Went from "What did I do" to "OH YEAH!!"

Postby Bailey » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Lunatech, Right now I’m 16 days out, & still have ice on as I write this post. Seems like after a week to 10 days out I experienced less discomfort that the last 3 days. Thought I was over the pain threshold, but obviously I’m not. I’m not sure if it’s the cylinders aching or in my scrotum. I believe it’s the cylinders though. Like a bad toothache. I don’t want to take the narcotics for pain so I’ve been relying on extra strength Tylenol, & it barely takes the edge off the pain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hot shower feels great, but you can only stay so long. Tried the bathtub, but I’ve had 2 back surgeries and found the tub is hard on my back. Keeps me awake at night with just enough ache to keep you awake, and I really hate to take the Vicodin as it really constipates you for a few days.
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:36 am

Can you clear my doubts. When your dick was smaller why didn't you pump it fully? Did it hurt too much?
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:21 am

Bailey wrote:Thanks for the encouragement Lunatech, Right now I’m 16 days out, & still have ice on as I write this post. Seems like after a week to 10 days out I experienced less discomfort that the last 3 days. Thought I was over the pain threshold, but obviously I’m not. I’m not sure if it’s the cylinders aching or in my scrotum. I believe it’s the cylinders though. Like a bad toothache. I don’t want to take the narcotics for pain so I’ve been relying on extra strength Tylenol, & it barely takes the edge off the pain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hot shower feels great, but you can only stay so long. Tried the bathtub, but I’ve had 2 back surgeries and found the tub is hard on my back. Keeps me awake at night with just enough ache to keep you awake, and I really hate to take the Vicodin as it really constipates you for a few days.

During your healing process, how hard did your doc leave you pumped up?? My doc left me 80-90% pumped up and said leave it that way till the 4 week follow up appt. I begged for more pain pills. I had some vicadine left over from a back operation. Tylenol would not begin to take the edge off the pain. At 3 weeks his helper talked me through the release process. I let a little out and pain became manageable. When I asked the Doc, why pumped so hard. He just said that is what I needed. AMS rep Jamie said some docs just do it that way. I had moderate peyronies, 20% bend to right. It is gone now.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:22 pm

@Bailey: I really can't help with any suggestions for pain as I really didn't hurt that bad. Beyond a few sleepless nights I didn't have bad pain. I found that ice helped at first and then a heating pad really felt good as time went on so try a heating pad and see if that will help some of the pain.

@ young_and_impotent: I was fully inflated for the night after surgery while in hospital and then fully deflated for the next 6 weeks. After I started pumping there was some pain but I was pumping till the pump was hard as a marble. Over the last few months and pumping to max at least twice a day I've noticed everything stretching out and getting back to close to my pre-surgery length and girth. I think after the trauma of the surgery and being deflated for 6wks, I just needed to work everything out again because of shrinkage due to zero use for that 6wks. Most everyone on here will tell you it takes time to get size back and I'll back everyone of those guys up. I just want anyone who reads my post to understand I didn't take what everyone else said to heart and was disappointed with the outcome at first but after a few months of steady cycling and stretching I'm seeing the results and they are GREAT. I hope this answers your question. If not or if you have more questions just ask what you want and I'll try to answer.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:35 am

Bailey,

You probably know this already ... but tylenol is the least potent over the counter pain killer. It is easy on the stomach so that's why the docs like it. But aspirin is a better painkiller than tylenol, and ibuprofen better still. The difficulty is just that they can be hard on your digestive system. You may want to give aspirin or advil a try if you can tolerate them ...
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

crisko

Postby crisko » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:42 pm

New to frank talk. Glad I came across your post. I had the implant surgery on 5/20 and was intructed on its use on 7/5. First, I was not prepared for the pain from that first pump in the doctor's office. Holy Moly! Next, I was disappointed by what I saw (shorter and with way less girth than I imagined). And, operating the thing hasn't been as easy as I thought. I am glad to hear that the pain, size, and girth might get better. Otherwise, I'd be very discouraged. It's only been a few days, but I can't currently imagine having sex with this thing. About how long until the pain upon inflation subsides and how long until I might see a bit more length and girth? This has already been a longer and tougher road than I imagined. My doctor is great, but I don't think he can empathize when he hasn't actually gone through this. Glad I found this site. Any advice is appreciated.

chonky

Postby chonky » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:34 pm

It's been 3 months now for me and I could have wrote the previous post after mine was activated. Difficulty at first having sex but getting better every time . It was fantastic the last time . Hang in there it does get better.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

Hoping

Postby Hoping » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:29 pm

It looks like most people here have LGX, I have a titan. Got implanted on Friday, unbelievable how much length I've lost. I know there's some swelling but does anyone know if I should be gaining back length with the titan when I start pumping it up? Or is that only an lgx thing. I'm feeling the what have I done thing due to the size
28 years old, single, implanted 7/12/2019 Coloplast Titan 22cm +1cm rte, surgeon Dr. Tobias Kohler at Mayo Clinic Rochester

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:10 pm

I think it's too soon to worry about final size.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”