Post implant Curvature remains

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
the rock man

Post implant Curvature remains

Postby the rock man » Wed May 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Had the implant on April 3, 2019 and believed that the curve (to left) I had pre surgery was going to straighten out with the AMS700 implant. Doc says the "scar Tissue" is preventing my penis from straightening out when flaccid or erect.

What questions can I ask the doc to understand if / why the curvature remains and if it will be reduced in time?

Penis continues to be painful, skin is very sensitive (ie; painful when the shower water hits it). painful all day long. I use lidocaine cream and plenty of Ibuprophen. Doc continues to blame scar tissue for causing the pain
AMS700 CX implant April 2019 NY

Markus55

Re: Post implant Curvature remains

Postby Markus55 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:48 pm

I had my surgery in April 2018. I had a curve to the left after the implant. My doc told me it will take about 1 year to totally straighten out with proper cycling. He was right. Before the surgery I had a 30 degree bend to the left. Now it's straight as an arrow. Since you just had your surgery there is a healing period. Give it time. Be patient. It will work out.
68 yrs old. Began having ED at 49. Venous leak, Diabetes and Peyronies. Tried pills and injections, didn't work. Implanted April 2018 with a Coloplast Titan 22 cm.

the rock man

Postby the rock man » Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Thank you Markus55 for your comments.
Did you have a long period of pain post implant? Today is my 5th week having sensitive / painful and burning sensation .
Any idea if the scar tissue encountered during surgery causes prolonged sensitivity?

Andy1955

Postby Andy1955 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Had my implant done May 2018. I have the LGX CX. My Peyronies caused a curvature 90 degrees straight upward. My doc also told me it would take time for the curve to straighten. It did, just as Markus states. Now that it has been almost a year, it is virtually straight and some length has been regained. I followed the Drs instruction and did not touch it until cleared to do so. No exceptions, exactly as I was told to do! Once cleared I cycled daily until I couldn’t squeeze the pump any more, then I waited a few minutes and tried to pump more. I would leave the inplant pumped for about an hour each day. I also would use a Fleshlight for masterbation and make sure the suction part was tight enough to have a stretching affect. Hope that made sense. Anyway; now at about a year post inplant, I have an almost straight penis. I was very concerned but had faith in my Dr. I hope this gives you some peace of mind. Time and cycling is your friend. Good luck!
Inplanted May 24, 2018. AMS 700 CX, MS Pump. 21cm x 12mm. Peyronies and ED. Pills stopped working and extreme curvature

Frenchboy

Postby Frenchboy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:54 am

Take time to remodel the curve. If you go on too hard (i.e. to much time with pumped max), you ll stress the healthy tunica and it s better to take one years or two.
I had a curve with my first implant, it takes a long time to be straight. Don t worry.

In the flaccid state the curve is still there. But not pumped it s straight.

the rock man

Postby the rock man » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Thank you Frenchboy for your reply.
You along with others on this site,the doctor and The Boston Scientific nurse said I need more time to recover. I am also cycling the implant 1-2 times a a day which helps.
I am in less pain. Curve almost disappears when pumped up.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:45 pm

My penis was a bit curved to the left but it wasn't Peyronie's Disease, it wasn't painful and it never stopped me from having sex. It has improved with time, I don't really know why or how. I started masturbating with my left hand, maybe that was the reason - or maybe not.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:51 am

As othe guys mentioned, it may take some time to straighten your shaft. Prior to implant surgery I was developing a curve from Peyronies, as shown in one of these photos. The photo taken outdoors shows partial straightening at 6 months and the last photo was two years after implant, however it was straight after about a year.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (132 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (32.55 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (25.24 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

the rock man

Postby the rock man » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:20 am

Thank you Greg1956
Pictures are worth a thousand words. I am starting to see some straightening after 6 months.
No pain just joy having a penis back with size and gerth after years post prostate removal loosing inches in the process.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”