AMS pump problems

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lunatech

AMS pump problems

Postby Lunatech » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Well I've been waiting to post this till I saw the Doctor to figure out what's wrong. After my last post I was unable to get it to cycle to inflate again. Saw the doctor this morning and he couldn't get it to cycle either. He said he could feel it start to cycle but it wouldn't complete. He's going back in on 4/29 to inspect and probably replace the pump. He did say that the encasement around the pump felt a little thick but that shouldn't affect the operation. So if the pump doesn't work once he gets it out then I get a new pump. Still within the 90 days so zero cost to me or my insurance. He's contacting AMS and will be working with them during this. Not what I wanted to hear but I knew something like this was possible going in. Being in industrial maintenance for over 20 years I've installed brand new parts that were bad before so I know it can and does happen. It's still a mechanical device built by humans so some are bound to be defective. I just happened to get one that was (looks like it anyway). Anyway, stuff happens. It will get sorted out and I'll be a fully functioning bionic brother soon enough. Just want to be as honest and open as I can so others might see this and learn what can happen before they get their procedure done.

I'll update this once the surgery is over and I find out what the problem actually was.
Last edited by Lunatech on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

Gt1956

Re: AMS pump problems

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:09 pm

I might add that inside a human body isn't exactly a friendly place. Many times, foreign objects are attacked by the bodies defense response. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Well I had surgery yesterday to fix my pump. Once he got the pump out it worked perfectly. No kinked lines or leaks and the problem of the bulb staying deflated went away. He did say I grew a lot of scar tissue around the pump so he fixed that and put it back in. We'll see how it goes once I heal enough to pump it. I guess I just heal too well at times. He said I shouldn't have an issue with it. I'll report back when I get to pump and let you know how it goes.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:37 pm

I do not know how much research supports this proposition, but Vitamin E is said to prevent overgrowth of scar tissue.

I can neither confirm nor disprove this.

Consuming it for a month or two is not likely to hurt anything and if overgrowth of scar tissue was your problem, it might help.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:51 pm

Damn man. Sorry you had to go through this and nothing wrong with it. AMS pumps are known to be glitchy pieces of crap. Doctors have even told me that, but they usually start working and work more often as time goes on. I think they were designed by a committee of brick layers and monkeys thus the block on top and the unreliability factor until trained. Cheers. Heal well.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Wed May 01, 2019 7:30 am

Lost Sheep: Vitamin E does help with scars tissue on the skin but not sure about internal scar tissue. I'd have to research that also but thanks for the idea, I hadn't though of that.

alibaba: Yeah I've heard they can be temperamental at times and mine was over the top temperamental. In the two weeks between activation and this past surgery I only got the valve to switch and get it to inflate about 5-6 times. My doctor/surgeon couldn't get it to switch in the office (and man did he try). He did make the comment in the office that the scar tissue felt a little too thick. He is confident this will correct the problem.
I know this may sound crazy but I do seem to heal faster than most. When I had arthroscopic knee surgery many years ago my incisions healed before the fluid could drain from my knee. I actually had to pick a scab off one incision and milk the congealed blood/fluid out of my knee to get relief because the doc couldn't pull it off with a syringe. I guess my body works too well sometimes.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Wed May 01, 2019 1:06 pm

alibaba wrote:Damn man. Sorry you had to go through this and nothing wrong with it. AMS pumps are known to be glitchy pieces of crap. Doctors have even told me that, but they usually start working and work more often as time goes on. I think they were designed by a committee of brick layers and monkeys thus the block on top and the unreliability factor until trained. Cheers. Heal well.

Hmmm. Interesting criticism which, I guess, might explain their market share dominance?
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:41 pm

I think it was Dr. Kramer in a YouTube video. He said one of the reasons he preferred Titans was because they needed fewer revisions. Made sense to me. Hard to make money doing revisions for free or at a discount.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed May 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Advanced search query:

Search found 158 matches: lgx pump problems +

Search found 281 matches: ams pump problems = 439 TOTAL or 63%

Search found 182 matches: titan pump problems +

Search found 97 matches: coloplast pump problems = 279 TOTAL or 37%
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Thu May 02, 2019 1:40 am

Need more math to evaluate this.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Return to “Implants”