Two-Piece Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
robertm

Two-Piece Implant

Postby robertm » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:13 pm

I know the three-piece implant is the state-of-the-art, and is recommended. But exactly what is its advantage over the two-piece implant?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

George03

Re: Two-Piece Implant

Postby George03 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm

According to the Mayo Clinic, erections are more firm with the 3 piece, which is why I think the 2 piece is not used that much, if at all anymore.
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:00 pm

That third piece, the reservoir, if placed in the abdomen can be pretty sizable. In a two-piece, it is placed in the rear tip of the implant, so, I will hazard this guess:

The reservoir is limited in volume, causing the implant rear tip to be larger to accommodate enough volume to inflate the (now, necessarily less voluminous) inflatable portion.

The upshot is that a three-piece can be more comfortable, responsive and satisfying than a two-piece.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:03 pm

I watched the 2 piece video. The pump has no release valve. You just squeeze your penis to deflate. I can see a what a hard penetration would do. Sounds too much like ED to me. no thanks
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:04 pm

Advantages? No chance of erosion into colon, bladder, intestines. Nothing installed there. Easy to do. 1 less tube to fail. Fewer minutes in surgery and a few $ less cost.

Disadvantage? Can't put in as big of implant. Does not get as hard because the reservoir is so small. Reservoir is part of pump. Pump is bigger because reservoir is part of it. Cannot deflate as flaccid because part of fluid always has to be in cylinders because of smaller reservoir in scrotum with pump. Greater chance of erosion because you cannot deflate as much.

I only know 1 quack of a doctor that still recommends a 2 piece.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:37 pm

alibaba wrote:Advantages? No chance of erosion into colon, bladder, intestines. Nothing installed there. Easy to do. 1 less tube to fail. Fewer minutes in surgery and a few $ less cost.

Disadvantage? Can't put in as big of implant. Does not get as hard because the reservoir is so small. Reservoir is part of pump. Pump is bigger because reservoir is part of it. Cannot deflate as flaccid because part of fluid always has to be in cylinders because of smaller reservoir in scrotum with pump. Greater chance of erosion because you cannot deflate as much.

I only know 1 quack of a doctor that still recommends a 2 piece.

Bet I can guess who?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”