Is AMS or Coloplast implanted most?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bailey

Is AMS or Coloplast implanted most?

Postby Bailey » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 pm

Still trying to talk to a previous implant patient of Dr Richard Roach. Nurse said she would try to see if she could have a previous patient contact me, but I’m not too optimistic. She did provide me the phone numbers for the representatives from AMS & Coloplast. Talk to both today, and both were very informative, & helpful in my decision. Each one said they are in the surgery room for all of the implants, and are involved in some of the discussion like size,etc. Both said that Dr. Roach was a very good implant surgeon, though he isn’t a high volume surgeon. Has been doing implants for 30 years. First by penoscrotal, but now does them infrapubic. Getting closer to becoming bionic. Bailey
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

alibaba

Re: Is AMS or Coloplast implanted most?

Postby alibaba » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Each one said they are in the surgery room for all of the implants, and are involved in some of the discussion like size,etc.

This is the part I really dislike about this. 1) the sales people are usually nurses, not doctors. 2) The AMS inflatable is available in 6 versions: - 5 -Figure 1-1. AMS Penile ProsthesisFigure 1-3. System DeflationovervIewThe American Medical Systems (AMS) 700 Penile Prosthesis Product Line includes the following implantable prosthetic devices:9 AMS 700™ CX with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis9 AMS 700™ CX Preconnect with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis9 AMS 700™ CXR with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis9 AMS 700™ CXR Preconnect with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis9 AMS 700 LGX™ with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis9AMS 700 LGX™ Preconnect with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis. Each is available in preconnected kits, different models AND sizes of reservoirs, individual component kits, Scrotal length tubing kits, Infrapubic tubing length kits. I cannot find my list at the moment but there are 2 pages of part numbers for the different kits. NO saleswoman is going in the O.R. with all these models in her travel case for the doctor to chose from. - 7 -Device Description (continued)ams 700 cxwIth ms pump prosthesIsThe AMS 700 CX Preconnect with MS Pump Prosthesis components are configured as follows:• Pump and cylinders are available pre-connected or unconnected .• Infrapublic pre-connect configuration has 18 cm of tubing connecting pump and cylinders• Penoscrotal package has 9 cm of tubing connecting pump and cylinders• Reservoir: 65 ml (spherical reservoir only), 100 ml (spherical reservoir and AMS Conceal Low Profile Reservoir)• Cylinder diameter: 12 mm-18 mm• Cylinder lengths: 12 cm, 15 cm, 18 cm, 21 cm, 24* cm• Rear Tip Extenders: RTE kit contains two each-0 .5 cm, 1 .0 cm, 1 .5 cm stackable, 2 .0 cm, 3 .0 cm, 4 .0 cm, 5 .0 cm, 6 .0 cm (packed in their own tray) .• Cylinders expand only in girth• Cylinders, pump and reservoir are available with InhibiZone Antibiotic Surface Treatment*Special Order Only. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.ams 700 lgxwIth ms pump prosthesIsThe AMS 700 LGX Preconnect with MS Pump components are configured as follows:• Pump and cylinders are available pre-connected and unconnected• Infrapublic pre-connected package has 18 cm tubing connecting pump and cylinders• Penoscrotal pre-connected package has 9 cm tubing connecting pump and cylinders• Reservoir: 65ml (spherical reservoir only), 100 ml (spherical reservoir and AMS Conceal Low Profile Reservoir)• Cylinder diameter: 12 mm-18 mm• Cylinder lengths: 12 cm, 15 cm, 18 cm, 21 cm• Rear Tip Extenders: RTE kit contains two each-0 .5 cm, 1 .0 cm, 1 .5 cm stackable, 2 .0 cm, 3 .0 cm, 4 .0 cm, 5 .0 cm, 6 .0 cm (packed in their own tray) .• Cylinders expand in girth and length• Cylinder, pump and reservoir are available with InhibiZone Antibiotic Surface Treatment. Coloplast offers even more size options. NO SALESWOMAN IS GOING TO WALK INTO THE E.R. WITH THIS MANY PART NUMBERS OF KITS IN HER TRAVEL BAG. I think that is 1/2 the reason for tip extenders when there should be none. Another issue is like doctor Kramer told me. 24cm and up is by special order and will take a couple weeks or more.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Source for the inevitable nay sayers: http://www.bostonscientific.com/content ... M_en_s.pdf
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:19 pm

I'm still pissed that I got 18cm cylinders with 3.5cm RTEs.
I'll ask my doc why, but expect smoke up my ass.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 pm

The last I heard was that AMS has about 70% of the market share of Inflatable Penile Prostheses. But I am told that the high-volume implanters use Titan's 90% of the time.

This suggests that low-volume implanters must implant a LOT of AMS devices to overwhelm the (relatively few) high-volume surgeons using all those Titans.

This, of course, tells us very little about the reasons for a particular surgeon and patient's reasoning for the choice.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Eid says AMS had to have a lot of tip extenders because they come with too short of tubing. If there is no tip extender, the pump is too high. Longer implant does not help because the chincey bastards still use the same length tubing. 9cm tubing on all scrotal kits and 18cm on all infrapubic kits. That is why some doctors use the infrapubic kit for scrotal implants. A doctor need to know more than how to cut and sew. Understanding the mechanics of things would help.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:33 pm

Isn’t the answer quite simple? There are much more small dicks than large ones. The AMS is meant for the small ones. That’s the reason why more AMS are being implanted.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:11 am

Not sure if serious,

But there are by definition as much small as big penis‘.

That s what gauss tells us.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 am

mr.skin wrote:Not sure if serious,

When I saw my surgeon the first time I didn't know much about implants. I told him that I would like to get an AMS. He measured me and said no, I won't give you an AMS but a Titan, your penis is served better by a Coloplast Titan, AMS are meant for smaller penises. I'm only repeating what he had told me. Apparently the average penis has a length around 14 cm. Doc mentioned that I'm above average, that's why the Titan.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:37 am

Yes, sure. but the statement there are more smaller penises than large ones is truly wrong.

There are exactly as much small as big penises.

Es existieren genauso viele große wie kleine Penise per Definition ;)
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Return to “Implants”