AMS Lgx -VS- Titan?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
HomeTeam

AMS Lgx -VS- Titan?

Postby HomeTeam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:51 pm

I spoke with Dr. Perito today and asked him a question about the difference between the two implants and why he personally prefers Titan over AMS. The reason I asked is I'm disappointed about my current size approximately 11 weeks out. Granted I've only been able to cycle for 3 weeks due to bad swelling of scrotum but still should be closer to pre-implant size in my opinion. While, I don't ever want to have to have implant surgery again I'll look to do it with another doctor if things don't get better (pre-implant size) over time.

Here's what he told me: "Titan comes larger than the AMS products including the AMS Lgx. Titan comes in longer in CM's, more thicker (larger girth), and better rigidity". He said "if you oversize a Titan its almost the same effect of a AMS Lgx but with better girth and more rigidity". He said if I keep cycling my oversized Titan and do some VED I will stretch out over time to pre-length implant size.

Guys, in your honest opinion does this sound right to you?; or is he blowing smoke up my butt?

Titan users has this been your experience with a Titan so far?
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

Lost Sheep

Re: AMS Lgx -VS- Titan?

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:19 pm

I opine that if you oversize a Titan (or the AMS devices) by very much at all, you risk the "S-Deformity". One of the medical articles I found showed a picture. The implant, inflated, kinks in two bends, in an "S" shape. There is also risk of the distal tips of the implant eroding tissues from the inside of your penis and eventually poking out. Bad news.

The Length-Expanding LGX might be more forgiving of sizing variations (under or over).

I would be leery of a surgeon who exhibits such a cavalier attitude towards sizing. It seems like sloppy work to me with potential risk to the patient quite dire.

I don't know if he was talking about millimeters or fractions thereof, but if he was talking about multiple millimeters or centimeters, I would question him VERY pointedly.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm

HomeTeam wrote:I spoke with Dr. Perito today and asked him a question about the difference between the two implants and why he personally prefers Titan over AMS. The reason I asked is I'm disappointed about my current size approximately 11 weeks out. Granted I've only been able to cycle for 3 weeks due to bad swelling of scrotum but still should be closer to pre-implant size in my opinion. While, I don't ever want to have to have implant surgery again I'll look to do it with another doctor if things don't get better (pre-implant size) over time.

Here's what he told me: "Titan comes larger than the AMS products including the AMS Lgx. Titan comes in longer in CM's, more thicker (larger girth), and better rigidity". He said "if you oversize a Titan its almost the same effect of a AMS Lgx but with better girth and more rigidity". He said if I keep cycling my oversized Titan and do some VED I will stretch out over time to pre-length implant size.

Guys, in your honest opinion does this sound right to you?; or is he blowing smoke up my butt?

Some smoke... There is a member here, sorry, I can't remember which one, who has been implanted oversized and he is in pain all the time and feel like the tips in the glans are going to come poking out the tip of his glans. Oversized is NOT GOOD. Undersized is NOT GOOD., simply put, they gotta get it right. The Titan does do good on girth BUT, the material the LGX is made from is specifically designed to increase length and girth permanently, not just when you pump it up. Eventually your junk will be big, naturally big. Of course, if you have severe Peyronie's or a giant Johnson, you will need the Titan because you need the rigidity. The other thing is that there is one more size for the AMS (the next biggest one) that can be specially ordered. I think it's length only though. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:37 pm

home team,
My first reaction is that it took me about 5 months to regain my length. And I have an LG X. I started off at 4 in. I'm pretty sure that they did not oversized me. But now my prosthesis is 2 and three-quarter inch longer than it was the night I went home. What dr. Perito might be trying to say is essentially true. Are you more than 2 and 3/4 inches shorter than you should be? If not then I don't think I'd be sweating it right now. Give your implant a little bit of time to work. You have 22 cm I have 23. That's only four tenths of an inch difference. Of course our bodies are probably not exactly the same but still you should have more than 6 in maybe almost six and a half. Are you expecting more than that? If not then I would just relax and give it more time
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm

HomeTeam wrote:I spoke with Dr. Perito today and asked him a question about the difference between the two implants and why he personally prefers Titan over AMS. The reason I asked is I'm disappointed about my current size approximately 11 weeks out. Granted I've only been able to cycle for 3 weeks due to bad swelling of scrotum but still should be closer to pre-implant size in my opinion. While, I don't ever want to have to have implant surgery again I'll look to do it with another doctor if things don't get better (pre-implant size) over time.

Have you seen my before and after picture? There is a lot of truth to a picture says a thousand words. :)

Larry

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:43 pm

Hey there. First I'd like to tell you that 11 weeks is really nothing. Nothing. Believe me. I am over three years in to this journey now and what you have after 11 weeks is nowhere near your end product. Just trust me on that. Whatever you have now, good or bad, will get a lot better.

So to your question:

This is an interesting discussion from multiple perspectives. A highly debated topic, a very interesting question (the lengthening capability of the two brands), and then all us laymen telling people how things work and how useless and unknowledgeable the doctors are...

I have been away from this site for a few months, and this was the first thread that caught my attention when I for some reason logged in here to take a look.

Regarding the factual issue itself, which one does expand length better, I still think (and I say think of course, because I am no researcher or experienced doc myself), that this forume greatly overstates the LGX lengthening capacity. I spent some time a while ago trying to find research on this topic (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6010&start=510#p99868), and honestly, research does not support the LGX' superior dick lengthening capability. It is almost the other way around, with they study showing the largest size increases using Titans. I think it is fair to say that the LGX major benefit of its lengthening cylinders is that it shrinks your flaccid. It does not increase your erection size. Which is a good thing if you don't want a huge flaccid. And a bad thing if a huge flaccid is exactly what you DO want.
And befor smashing this statement with bro science, take a few hours and read through the research papers I link to in the post linked above, and even better, find some more studies.

Secondly, regarding people telling the world (well at least the tiny little bubble of it called Frank Talk) that experienced doctors, in this case Perito, don't know what they are talking about, judging his statements and his knowledge, correcting him and pointing out where he goes wrong - this is a phenomenom that I raise my hand and admits guilty to as well. I think perhaps my perspective has changed after being a very sporadic visitor to this forum for a year, and then not coming here at all for a few months.
When I read the posts above now it almost makes me laugh. We have guys here who seriously tell us if Perito knows or does not know how to install an implant. People who judges his statement and tell us whether he is right or wrong, and when he is wrong (in their opinion), they tell us how it really is. Quite funny if you step out of this bubble and think about it, isn't it?
Who woould you rather trust, one of the world's most experienced Implant docs or two anonymous guys on an internet forum???????

Regarding what he says, I am of course just like the two other posters here an anonymous guy on an internet forum, and my opinion is worth no more than theirs', but this is what I say:
First of all, reserach, at least the research I have found, proves him right. There is no proven advantage of the LGX in terms of increasing length more than a Titan. There is research proving Titan's better rigidity.
Secondly, my own experience supports this. I have grown my dick over 2 cm from immediately post implant and over 1 cm from PRE implant. My girth has grown some as well, but not much. I was quite girthy already though.
And Perito says that the Titan should be 'oversized', I guess he means in the way Eid did with me, and what Eid sayd was the best way to do it as well:
Sizing it so that it is straight in the fully inflated state and crinkles when flaccid.
That will actually mean there is a difference between the flaccid and erect state with a Titan as well. In my case about an inch. Some of it from glans filling with blood, but some of it from the cylinders straightening.

So listen to your doc and read what is written here with a pinch of salt.

Good luck!
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 pm

DougAnd wrote:home team,
My first reaction is that it took me about 5 months to regain my length. And I have an LG X. I started off at 4 in. I'm pretty sure that they did not oversized me. But now my prosthesis is 2 and three-quarter inch longer than it was the night I went home. What dr. Perito might be trying to say is essentially true. Are you more than 2 and 3/4 inches shorter than you should be? If not then I don't think I'd be sweating it right now. Give your implant a little bit of time to work. You have 22 cm I have 23. That's only four tenths of an inch difference. Of course our bodies are probably not exactly the same but still you should have more than 6 in maybe almost six and a half. Are you expecting more than that? If not then I would just relax and give it more time

DougAd I was 7.5 inches when I was younger (mid 20"s). Due to many years of ED and subsequent fibrosis from Trimix I was 6 inches pre-surgery (fully erect with Trimix) and 6.75 inches with VED the night before surgery (I measured with the VED on night before surgery. I will be happy to at least be back to 6inches.
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:23 pm

DougAnd wrote:home team,

DougAnd, I'm about the same 2 and 3/4 full inches shorter at this time. No I'm not trying to be larger than what I was prior to implant surgery which was 6 inches on Trimix. I use to be 7.5 inches when I was in my mid 20's but due to ED and fibrosis from the Trimix injections I was 6 inches. However, the night before surgery Jan 24, 2019 I measured 6.75 with the VED on my penis. I just want to alteast obtain my pre-implant size of 6 inches.

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:47 pm

merrix wrote:Hey there. First I'd like to tell you that 11 weeks is really nothing. Nothing. Believe me. I am over three years in to this journey now and what you have after 11 weeks is nowhere near your end product. Just trust me on that. Whatever you have now, good or bad, will get a lot better.

So to your question:

This is an interesting discussion from multiple perspectives. A highly debated topic, a very interesting question (the lengthening capability of the two brands), and then all us laymen telling people how things work and how useless and unknowledgeable the doctors are...

I have been away from this site for a few months, and this was the first thread that caught my attention when I for some reason logged in here to take a look.

Regarding the factual issue itself, which one does expand length better, I still think (and I say think of course, because I am no researcher or experienced doc myself), that this forume greatly overstates the LGX lengthening capacity. I spent some time a while ago trying to find research on this topic (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6010&start=510#p99868), and honestly, research does not support the LGX' superior dick lengthening capability. It is almost the other way around, with they study showing the largest size increases using Titans. I think it is fair to say that the LGX major benefit of its lengthening cylinders is that it shrinks your flaccid. It does not increase your erection size. Which is a good thing if you don't want a huge flaccid. And a bad thing if a huge flaccid is exactly what you DO want.
And befor smashing this statement with bro science, take a few hours and read through the research papers I link to in the post linked above, and even better, find some more studies.

Secondly, regarding people telling the world (well at least the tiny little bubble of it called Frank Talk) that experienced doctors, in this case Perito, don't know what they are talking about, judging his statements and his knowledge, correcting him and pointing out where he goes wrong - this is a phenomenom that I raise my hand and admits guilty to as well. I think perhaps my perspective has changed after being a very sporadic visitor to this forum for a year, and then not coming here at all for a few months.
When I read the posts above now it almost makes me laugh. We have guys here who seriously tell us if Perito knows or does not know how to install an implant. People who judges his statement and tell us whether he is right or wrong, and when he is wrong (in their opinion), they tell us how it really is. Quite funny if you step out of this bubble and think about it, isn't it?
Who woould you rather trust, one of the world's most experienced Implant docs or two anonymous guys on an internet forum???????

Regarding what he says, I am of course just like the two other posters here an anonymous guy on an internet forum, and my opinion is worth no more than theirs', but this is what I say:
First of all, reserach, at least the research I have found, proves him right. There is no proven advantage of the LGX in terms of increasing length more than a Titan. There is research proving Titan's better rigidity.
Secondly, my own experience supports this. I have grown my dick over 2 cm from immediately post implant and over 1 cm from PRE implant. My girth has grown some as well, but not much. I was quite girthy already though.
And Perito says that the Titan should be 'oversized', I guess he means in the way Eid did with me, and what Eid sayd was the best way to do it as well:
Sizing it so that it is straight in the fully inflated state and crinkles when flaccid.
That will actually mean there is a difference between the flaccid and erect state with a Titan as well. In my case about an inch. Some of it from glans filling with blood, but some of it from the cylinders straightening.

So listen to your doc and read what is written here with a pinch of salt.

Good luck!

Thanks for your opinion and the links provided. I guess I'm freaking out because I'm not accustomed to looking at my penis being this small in an erect state. My wife of 30 years definitely notices it and feels the smaller difference as well. It looks like its approximately 2 1/2 to 3 inches or so shorter than my pre-implant size. Did you continuously cycle your implant as well?

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Larry10625 wrote:

Have you seen my before and after picture? There is a lot of truth to a picture says a thousand words. :)

Larry

Larry, I saw your pictures and it indeed is quite impressive. As they use to say "Kodack don't lie" :D

Return to “Implants”