Novel implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quantox

Novel implant

Postby Quantox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

CaverSTIM is a novel implantable device able to restore natural penile erection by neuromodulation
What do you guys think About this ?

Heres the site: comphya.com

PS: sorry im new here
22 Years old, mild ED..trying to find a solution to reverse it

rooster2

Re: Novel implant

Postby rooster2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Interesting info. It is from a European manufacturer, there website doesn't say if available in the U.S. Curious to hear from anyone who can post here, who has this implant, and therefore can give a testimonial of product effectiveness.

Doesn't seem like it will work on someone with a venous leak.
Age 72, married 30 years, had Robotic RP 8/06.17, non nerve sparing. Lengthy recovery problems after surgery & radiation. On hormone therapy so no libido. Use Trimix with results. Considering implant, concern re painful recovery

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 pm

rooster2 wrote:Interesting info. It is from a European manufacturer, there website doesn't say if available in the U.S. Curious to hear from anyone who can post here, who has this implant, and therefore can give a testimonial of product effectiveness.

Doesn't seem like it will work on someone with a venous leak.

That's what I was thinking too Rooster :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:03 pm

I just sent this PM to the Original Poster.

Welcome to FrankTalk.

I feel compelled to ask you to tell us more about yourself if you are able or not otherwise disinclined. FrankTalk has been plagued with spammers/scammers who come on the site with their first post including a link and very little other information. This implies that the link may be to a dangerous website, or, at the minimum, a money-making scheme.

I apologize for having to ask, essentially, for you to verify yourself and your interests. But this is the world we live in.

Are you real?

FrankTalk is dedicated to the proposition that we will help each other over E.D. issues (including peripheral issues).

What do you need?

Lost Sheep

(to the thread)
If anyone has clicked on the link (which I will not do without some assurance that I am not supporting nefarious activities) please post what you found.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:I just sent this PM to the Original Poster.

Welcome to FrankTalk.

I feel compelled to ask you to tell us more about yourself if you are able or not otherwise disinclined. FrankTalk has been plagued with spammers/scammers who come on the site with their first post including a link and very little other information. This implies that the link may be to a dangerous website, or, at the minimum, a money-making scheme.

I apologize for having to ask, essentially, for you to verify yourself and your interests. But this is the world we live in.

Are you real?

FrankTalk is dedicated to the proposition that we will help each other over E.D. issues (including peripheral issues).

What do you need?

Lost Sheep

(to the thread)
If anyone has clicked on the link (which I will not do without some assurance that I am not supporting nefarious activities) please post what you found.

Lost Sheep while I have not went onto the link I appreciate your making sure the link is legit for the benefit of the FrankTalk family.
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:I just sent this PM to the Original Poster.

Welcome to FrankTalk.

Are you real?

What do you need?

Lost Sheep

(to the thread)

Hi Sheep.. I went there... It looks legit but I don't think it has made it's way to North America yet, and I am not sure it will work for most of us with a venous leak. Also, I would like everyone to know that every post I see without a signature gets my pre-prepared request to post one. Because I do not keep a list of who gets it, if someone keeps posting without one, they will get the message every single time. Paul seems to think that people would feel like they are being called out if it is done publically (you know, like a few AH do to me quite frequently) so I send it in a PM. :)

Larry

Quantox

Postby Quantox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Sorry guys I was over excited that such a thing could exist with a wireless controler and not a pump soo .. I did some researchs and heres some infos :
CaverStim is based on a neurostimulator that implants itself in the pelvic cavity. An array of electrodes will activate the cavernous nerve to allow erection. Once installed, a remote control, obviously wireless, will allow the patient to trigger an erection on demand by activating the electrodes. On its website, the start-up explains that this device is painless. It would also be "safer, easier, more comfortable and more effective" than other methods of creating an artificial erection.
They implanted 24 men with it and they had 100% succès rate
22 Years old, mild ED..trying to find a solution to reverse it

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Quantox wrote:Sorry guys I was over excited that such a thing could exist with a wireless controler and not a pump soo .. I did some researchs and heres some infos :
CaverStim is based on a neurostimulator that implants itself in the pelvic cavity. An array of electrodes will activate the cavernous nerve to allow erection. Once installed, a remote control, obviously wireless, will allow the patient to trigger an erection on demand by activating the electrodes. On its website, the start-up explains that this device is painless. It would also be "safer, easier, more comfortable and more effective" than other methods of creating an artificial erection.

WOW! Cool.

The concept is a good one. I hope they keep working on it. I thought of something similar about 20-30 years ago wherein an electrical signal could be introduced to a man's body to cause an erection, but did not think of an implant. Merely something inserted near the prostate or applied to the skin. A lot less invasive. But I never did any research on it. I imagined a battery-powered suppository device inserted in the rectum with electo-conductive spots on it that would provide a small voltage at a frequency that would stimulate the prostate or other nerves to induce an erection until the device was removed (or the batteries ran out).

A subcutaneous switch might be a better idea. A remote (at least for me) would be a bad idea. Losing my Television remote, keys, eyeglasses, wallet etc, I do quite often. Losing the erection remote (especially if I HAVE an erection and it is time to go to work) would be ... troubling. :shock: :oops:
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Quantox wrote:Sorry guys I was over excited that such a thing could exist with a wireless controler and not a pump soo .. I did some researchs and heres some infos :

WOW! Cool.

The concept is a good one. I hope they keep working on it. I thought of something similar about 20-30 years ago wherein an electrical signal could be introduced to a man's body to cause an erection, but did not think of an implant. Merely something inserted near the prostate or applied to the skin. A lot less invasive. But I never did any research on it.

A subcutaneous switch might be a better idea. A remote (at least for me) would be a bad idea. Losing my Television remote, keys, eyeglasses, wallet etc, I do quite often. Losing the erection remote (especially if I HAVE an erection and it is time to go to work) would be ... troubling. :shock: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Me too

Larry

rooster2

Postby rooster2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 pm

This product seems to be similar to a heart pace maker. Both do electrical stimulation to achieve a result. Difference is the use of a remote control. I am guessing that the implant would need a battery replacement after a period of time, so I guess some future surgery would be needed. Still it is an interesting concept, that I think can work. Surgery would be much less invasive, and usage easier then pumping up a regular implant.
Age 72, married 30 years, had Robotic RP 8/06.17, non nerve sparing. Lengthy recovery problems after surgery & radiation. On hormone therapy so no libido. Use Trimix with results. Considering implant, concern re painful recovery

Return to “Implants”