Vasectomy post implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kosh200

Vasectomy post implant

Postby kosh200 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 pm

When I got my implant in September, I asked my uro if I could get a vasectomy at the same time. He said that would be too much trauma at once. Wait three months and we will re-evaluate. I just had one done on the 21 st. I’m quite glad I went back to the uro who did my implant because there are all sorts of obstacles that can come about with an implant. I had it done the traditional way not the laser or the no cut one. I went back to work in three days. My first mistake. It was too soon for my labor intensive job. They say the pain goes away after three days. Although I was never in pain, it moreso felt like a tugging to my testes. This feeling subsided on day 9. I do feel the extra apparatus in me prolonged the healing. I’m good now. Just wanted to share the experience
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

Larry10625

Re: Vasectomy post implant

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:13 am

kosh200 wrote:When I got my implant in September, I asked my uro if I could get a vasectomy at the same time. He said that would be too much trauma at once. Wait three months and we will re-evaluate. I just had one done on the 21 st. I’m quite glad I went back to the uro who did my implant because there are all sorts of obstacles that can come about with an implant. I had it done the traditional way not the laser or the no cut one. I went back to work in three days. My first mistake. It was too soon for my labor intensive job. They say the pain goes away after three days. Although I was never in pain, it moreso felt like a tugging to my testes. This feeling subsided on day 9. I do feel the extra apparatus in me prolonged the healing. I’m good now. Just wanted to share the experience

Eventually you will not even notice it's there. For a while I did notice it because it's all that I thought about.. I was just so excited to be able to have sex again. Now, I don't notice it and when looking in the mirror, I can't see it either. :)

Larry

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Good info to know. Funny thing is, usually guys on here are concerned about the opposite. They wanna know if it’s possible to have kids with an implant lol.

roksolid

Postby roksolid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:00 am

kosh200 wrote:When I got my implant in September, I asked my uro if I could get a vasectomy at the same time. He said that would be too much trauma at once. Wait three months and we will re-evaluate.

Kosh, I did it the reverse of you. I asked him to snip me when he put in the implant, and he said it was too much risk for infection doing both procedures at once. So we did the neutering first, and scheduled the implant for 6 weeks. That way he could check me post-vasectomy for healing, and give me 6 weeks to think hard (my idea) about the implant.

I never changed my mind, but I was grateful for the time.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm

I asked my surgeon if he could do a vasectomy at the same time as the implant. He replied, "I don't see why not."

He went on to say that he would complete the implant first and continue on with the vasectomy only if there are no contraindications.

He considered the risk of complications due to doing both procedures at the same time to be minimal.

After the surgery, I wondered how much of the scrotal swelling was due to the vasectomy and how much was due to the implant. No way to tell (for me) for sure.

I asked a similar question back in 2016-2017 and got much advice to avoid combining the procedures because of the risk of the vasectomy's aftereffects confusing the recovery from the implant.

I weighed the opposing factors. Risk of a second surgery (every time you open your skin, there is a risk) vs risk of combining two surgeries. My surgeon and I came to a reasonable solution.

Now, I knew from the beginning that the odds of finding a woman young enough for my fertility to be a factor, but willing to bed a man as old as I am are slim, indeed. But an old man can have fantasies, eh?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:33 am

Lost Sheep wrote:I asked my surgeon if he could do a vasectomy at the same time as the implant. He replied, "I don't see why not."

He went on to say that he would complete the implant first and continue on with the vasectomy only if there are no contraindications.

He considered the risk of complications due to doing both procedures at the same time to be minimal.

After the surgery, I wondered how much of the scrotal swelling was due to the vasectomy and how much was due to the implant. No way to tell (for me) for sure.

I asked a similar question back in 2016-2017 and got much advice to avoid combining the procedures because of the risk of the vasectomy's aftereffects confusing the recovery from the implant.

I weighed the opposing factors. Risk of a second surgery (every time you open your skin, there is a risk) vs risk of combining two surgeries. My surgeon and I came to a reasonable solution.

Now, I knew from the beginning that the odds of finding a woman young enough for my fertility to be a factor, but willing to bed a man as old as I am are slim, indeed. But an old man can have fantasies, eh?

I can tell you with almost certainty that the vasectomy caused the majority of the bruising and swelling. When I had mine, the doctor just used a local and I can tell you, it's not a very gentle procedure. It was smart to get both done at the same time though. There was a member who recently posted that he asked and the doctor refused to do it.

Larry

Return to “Implants”