Short changed and floppy head.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Short changed and floppy head.

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:Thanks for your replies guys I thought maybe it was all in my head. I am hoping that he will be willing to say there is something wrong and he will fix it. The appointment is on the 29th so I will try to get ahold of another dr first to get their opinion. This was my biggest fear of getting the implant is that I would be shorted. My insurance is anthem blue cross and is decent. The first surgery covered most of my out of pocket for the year so hopefully it wouldn’t cost me much for the revision. For the guys with a lgx how har does the tips go up when deflated? Another thing that is weird is that I didn’t have marks on the head after surgery so I assume he did not pull the implant through like everyone else.

Pulling the tips fully up into the tunica is standard procedure (described in the AMS operating instruction which you can find on line). Sometime the holes used for the thread used to pull the tips up are not visible, but most of the time there is some evidence in the first day or two (two small scabs unless someone washed them off thoroughly) but that goes away fast.

If he took a shortcut and did not pull the tips up, but is depending on the implant to push the tips up into the glans, he is taking (my non-medically trained opinion) a chance with your outcome to save a simple step. How many implants or other operations did he do that day? What time was your surgery? Did he have a tee time soon after? Was the AMS representative in the O.R. for your operation?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm

When you said you had no evidence of where the traction sutures exit the glans that's a big red flag.
I hope you can find evidence of what actually went on in your seemingly botched surgery.

I never actually got mine, but you have to get your hands on detailed surgical notes. None of this sounds right to me.

Did you have any pre-existing conditions that could have caused any of this?

For shits sake, right out of the box, my dick looked 50 times better than yours.
I can't imagine this at 34 years of age, I'd go postal even at my age.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:17 pm

tomas1 wrote: I'd go postal even at my age.

Agreed. Sorry man, that really really sucks!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

faktrman

Postby faktrman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm

I got the AMS 700 implant 6 weeks ago. I am very happy and the more I use it the beter it gets. The glans are soft but in time that should get harder, I am having sex 5-6 times a day. We are very happy with the results. We are swingers and we think our friends will love it also.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:Thanks for your replies guys I thought maybe it was all in my head. I am hoping that he will be willing to say there is something wrong and he will fix it. The appointment is on the 29th so I will try to get ahold of another dr first to get their opinion. This was my biggest fear of getting the implant is that I would be shorted. My insurance is anthem blue cross and is decent. The first surgery covered most of my out of pocket for the year so hopefully it wouldn’t cost me much for the revision. For the guys with a lgx how har does the tips go up when deflated? Another thing that is weird is that I didn’t have marks on the head after surgery so I assume he did not pull the implant through like everyone else.

I would not trust this surgeon at all anymore whatsoever.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 pm

This is strange. I thought Keck USC was a teaching hospital. My URO, Dr Boyd was the professor and just retired after 30 years. I do not know if it was the scaring and pyronies he was straightening out or not. He never said, but he kept me pumped 80-90 % for the whole 4 week healing time. The pain was sever. The exact opposite of your healing process. With trimix pain I could feel the base of my hard dick down in my cruses, down near my anus. From there to the tip of my glans was 9 inch. I got 5cm of extenders and 15 cm of inflatable implant. Right out of surgery I was 9 inch total. One year of cycling daily and I have not gained anything at all. The tips are 3/4 into the glans now. In the beginning the tips were 1/2 way into the glans. My biggest bitch was during healing the doc said don't touch the pump. I specially asked him if I should keep it moving. The pump attached to my left nut and it took daily hot tube baths (hot) stretching the 2 apart for 4 weeks. At the time I was pissed about being pumped 80% and the pain but I am very happy with the results. You may check and see who is the chief of urology at USC keck. Was your doc a student under a professor?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:31 pm

I just checked the bios on some docs at Keck. Your Doc looks to be very qualified.??? I would trust Dr Lou Doyle. He was the second to Dr Boyd in my case. He is a youngster but worked closely with Dr Boyd during his training. The head of urology is highly reguarded but does not specialize in implants. He is Dr Sing. The Director of Quality Assurance at Keck is DR Gerhard Fuchs. I would send him those pics. gerhard.fuchs@med.usc.edu Ask to see Dr Lou Doyle. They will make it right. I developed a hernia after about 6 months and called Dr Lou Doyle. He though there was a problem with the implant and was going to schedule a complete replacement, but I checked further with general surgery and they fixed my hernia. PM me if you want to talk on the phone.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 pm

I hate to even say this but he may well be one of those guys who thinks that 3 inches is long enough as long as it's hard. Zero chance of distal erosion for sure.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:40 pm

I really like the dr and USC but I do feel exactly like you are saying is true. the only thing he is concerned about is that it gets hard. We will see what he tells me on the 29th. If he doesn’t make it right then I will excelate it further. USC is a teaching hospital and I know there was two surgeons in training that were in the operating room with him . I am thinking that maybe it was one of them that placed the implant. Again this was my worst fear and I right now I would be super embarrassed to try anything with a woman right now.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Try to get the surgical notes.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”