My implant journal stating 2/28/19

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lunatech

My implant journal stating 2/28/19

Postby Lunatech » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Day 1 - Arrived at the hospital this morning @ 5:45am. Surgery went great and without any problems. He "installed" an AMS 700LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE. Partially inflated right now with catheter still on. Pain isn't terrible but I'm definitely ready for this catheter to be removed and to be deflated. Doc will send me home deflated tomorrow morning. Surgeon is Dr. Terlecki at Wake Forest Baptist in Winston Salem. I only have my phone right now so this update will be short. I'll update more after I get back home and as time allows (I'm usually not the best at this kind of thing).
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

tomas1

Re: My implant journal stating 2/28/19

Postby tomas1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Sounds exactly like my first day except for the CX.
The catheter was the biggest discomfort for the first couple days.
There was no way I could post anything the day of surgery.
You may pee some blood the first time after removal.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Day 2 - Didn't sleep too much overnight in hospital (never do) but pain is still manageable. More pressure with some aching. Still swollen really good and will be for a while although didn't bruise too bad at all. Catheter removed this morning wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be BUT deflating the implant HURT like no tomorrow due to swelling/tenderness in scrotum and penis. After catheter removal and deflation all I had to do was pee to make sure I could due to the swelling. Nurse told me I got the pee award of the day for the amount :lol: . Pain greatly reduced after catheter removed and deflation. I can't imagine being sent home 50%-60% (or more) inflated. You guys that are are tougher than me or just deal with a lot of pain for a while. I don't think I'm 100% deflated but it's hard to tell with the swelling. Ride home wasn't too bad and all in all the pain is very manageable although I'm on "light duty" (no lifting anything over 15lbs) for the next 3 weeks. Schedule for follow up in 3 weeks to check everything out. Doctor said this morning I would start cycling at the 6 week mark but I hoping I can start sooner (if I feel up to it). One thing for sure though, I defiantly went from a grower to a show'er and that's going to take some getting used to. Probably be a lot easier once I'm fully healed up. But I'm at home now and going to go rest and ice.

Oh and tomas1, I was very surprised (and relived) that urinating after the catheter was removed had zero pain and zero blood. Still a little hard to pee due to swelling though.
Last edited by Lunatech on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm surprised you aren't supposed to cycle for 6 weeks.
Is there an underlying condition that makes that necessary?
I cycled at about 15 days and think it's important to not wait too long due to possible encapsulation problems.

I still am surprised that I was never given any recommendations for cycling, but was told to wait 4 weeks for sex.
I lied to my wife and told her 3 to 4 weeks and did it several days early.

Good luck in your recovery. I still wear PJ bottoms around the house and boxer briefs.
85 years

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm not sure of his reasoning. I'm hoping I can start after 3 weeks but everyone one the surgical team and hospital said Dr. Terlecki is very perticular on how things are done, but I don't have anything going on health wise that would delay my activation (that I know of anyway). He's the doc and if he says 6 weeks then it will be 6 weeks. We'll see on 3/22.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:53 pm

Congrats on your surgery! As soon as you’re all healed up, you’ll have an amazing time. If your bruising gets worse in the next few days, don’t worry about it. It’s normal.

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:31 pm

Day - 3 This might be the last I post until a fairly significant change takes place. Pretty boring reading the same basic thing everyday. But today I was in a little more pain than yesterday (but less than the night of surgery). Pretty much laid around the house all day watching TV. Having 2 older teenage daughters at home limit my roaming in comfort (nude) anyway. But I've been walking some but definitively feel better laying in bed watching TV. Bruising might have gotten a little worse today. Still haven't hit the WTF did I do stage. Hoping I won't. I've read so much here on others experiences that I pretty much know what to expect. Pain for the first 5-7 days and starting to get better after that. Could be up to 15 months before all pain goes away but probably much sooner (will depend on cycling routine). I went into this knowing that although it's presented as outpatient surgery and no big deal, it really is. All you have to do is watch a YouTube video of an actual surgery and you'll know this is going to take a while to FULLY recover from. I'm just keeping my eye on the prize and know in the end I will have a true Tupperware Torpedo :shock: (wife just shakes her head when I call it this or say "I have performance parts by Tupperware" :lol: ). Again I'll post more when changes happen. Till then just gonna concentrate on healing up and reading post here on FT. If anyone has any questions just post them here or through private message.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:13 pm

I think you should just post on the stages of your recovery. It's as much for others who will go through the process as for you to be able to remember the phases of your recovery.

I'm not even 6 weeks in and feel damned near good as new.

Now to get my wife accustomed to the new horny guy next to her.
I feel our love for each other has grown and with lots of "frank talk" it has helped.
85 years

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:26 am

I hope you keep us updated, everyone's story is a bit different.
I like your writing style too. Tupperware torpedo. :lol:
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Day 4- Ok I guess I'll post another update today. Last night around 8pm the pain really amped up another notch. It was probably a 6.5-7 on a 1-10 scale. Enough to get my attention for sure. Tylenol3 really helped take the edge off but another pretty much sleepless night. Being a side sleeper doesn't help with a swollen penis and scrotum. Pain today was 6-6.5 and one Tylenol3 with OTC Tylenol occasionally through the day has kept me going. I do find, like others on here, that around day 3-4 the pain does intensify pretty good. Again it's nothing unbearable but just thought I'd put it out there for anyone who in interested. Other than that I'm still bruised and swollen and looking forward to the days the swelling goes down and I'm activated so I can start the "break in" period.

Return to “Implants”