Two More Years 'til Medicare. Implant Worth it at 65?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Happy Toy

Re: Two More Years 'til Medicare. Implant Worth it at 65?

Postby Happy Toy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 am

"What if's" will drive you nuts! What if when I drive to the store someone hits me? What if I trip going down stairs? Do your homework, select a good doctor, and just do it! It does you no good to worry about the future. Plan yes, worry NO!
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:46 am

Cigar56 wrote:Thanks for all the wonderful responses, guys. I am almost certain I am going to do it. My only hesistancy is the fear of needing a revision at some point because of a failure in the device.

How did all of you deal with that possibility during your decision making?

Thanks!

Cigar

Potential implant failure was no consideration at all in the decision to go ahead with an implant. If I had a failed implant in me, I would be little worse off than my pre-implant function, but would have had some time of good function.

Potential of failure did figure in which device I desired. But the service life expectations of each device was measured about a decade or longer, so my Doctor's opinion about what would suit my anatomy best was the deciding factor.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am

Happy Toy wrote:"What if's" will drive you nuts! What if when I drive to the store someone hits me? What if I trip going down stairs? Do your homework, select a good doctor, and just do it! It does you no good to worry about the future. Plan yes, worry NO!

Wonderful response, Happy Toy. I think your comments just about sums it up! Talked it over with my wife, and she's onboard. Gonna be a hard, two-year wait, but much more hardness after that! LOL.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 am

Good choice. I was impotent for 2 years + prior to my surgery had T pellets every 4 months and it drove me NUTS!. I was so ready. But my May surgery walked out on me when he showed me he would shrink me about an inch. I asked him to medically induce an erection to show me about what to expect he said goodbye. My July date fell through when the guy said he would shrink me to 4 1/2 inches if he wanted to. (In May I was 7+ inches flaccid stretch) My Aug date almost fell through when my uro freaked out over my Doppler test and started back peddling on all of his promises. Still have some problems but I DON]T CARE! Best choice I ever made. HARD AT LAST. But Boy did I have to fight for it. Hopefully your will be smooth sailing.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Mr stuby

Postby Mr stuby » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:57 pm

I was scared of. Infection! Didn't happen
I was scared I was going to lose an inch! Didn't happen
Was scared no more orgasm! Didn't happen
No more vacuum device and stinking tension bands to get half ass erection
Most important is the attitude the confidence that I can get an erection as hard as I want any time, place or wear
My emotional state of mind and feeling of sex is fantastic?????????
Mike
74yr.old married 54yrs pc11/13 rad seed implants started ved 1/14 .implanted 11/20/2016 ams lgx 18+1 11 up 8 down 6 1/2 flaccid 7 5/8
local uro sanford health,

s. central N.D.
MIKE

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm

If I'm alive at 100 and my device fails, I'll wheel myself into the operating room!
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Cigar56 wrote:
If your wife still enjoys sex with you, yes, I think it is worth it.

Well, that's the thing. She isn't all that interested anymore, frankly. Marriage is fine; she simply doesn't have much desire. That makes it more difficult for me to decide what to do.

Maybe it's just me because I read of this all the time.

The wife can go months without sex and has limited desire, while the "Male" is left un- satisfied, jacking off 3-4 times a week attempting to compensate for the difference in libido; some guys even seeking "permission" or approval from the female to do so.

WTF ... ? The "Marriage" is N0T fine !

The terms of cohabitation may be " comfortable" and mutually acceptable, but the only thing left of the "Marriage" is any money in the savings account divisible by two [minus attorney fees], accepting your half of the debt on the credit cards and voiding some papers at the court house.

I fail to see where anyone finds this situation completely "acceptable" and considers the "Marriage" just; "fine" !
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:08 pm

justanotherdrumber wrote:
Cigar56 wrote:
If your wife still enjoys sex with you, yes, I think it is worth it.

Well, that's the thing. She isn't all that interested anymore, frankly. Marriage is fine; she simply doesn't have much desire. That makes it more difficult for me to decide what to do.

The wife can go months without sex and has limited desire, while the "Male" is left un- satisfied, jacking off 3-4 times a week attempting to compensate for the difference in libido; some guys even seeking "permission" or approval from the female to do so.

The terms of cohabitation may be " comfortable" and mutually acceptable, but the only thing left of the "Marriage" is any money in the savings account divisible by two [minus attorney fees], accepting your half of the debt on the credit cards and voiding some papers at the court house.

I fail to see where anyone finds this situation completely "acceptable" and considers the "Marriage" just; "fine" !

I feel pretty sure the "fine" descriptor is being applied only to the non-sexual parts of the marriage.

I believe that I do take your meaning, though. If the non-sexual parts of any marriage are fine, the way should be open to discuss the sexual parts and come to a meeting of the minds about finding a solution.

Two people who care ABOUT each other care FOR each other. Caring for your partner does not imply a spouse should be sexual with the other when it is inconvenient, painful or even unrewarding, but it does imply the recalcitrant spouse should do whatever is reasonable to see to the other spouse's satisfaction.

I am not a marriage counselor (obviously), but having successfully avoided the institution of marriage for 50 years, I feel I am now qualified to give advice on the subject to anyone. ;) Seriously, being on the outside allows me a lot of perspective without the biases that being invested often brings.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
justanotherdrumber wrote:
Cigar56 wrote:

I feel pretty sure the "fine" descriptor is being applied only to the non-sexual parts of the marriage.

I believe that I do take your meaning, though. If the non-sexual parts of any marriage are fine, the way should be open to discuss the sexual parts and come to a meeting of the minds about finding a solution.

Two people who care ABOUT each other care FOR each other. Caring for your partner does not imply a spouse should be sexual with the other when it is inconvenient, painful or even unrewarding, but it does imply the recalcitrant spouse should do whatever is reasonable to see to the other spouse's satisfaction.

I am not a marriage counselor (obviously), but having successfully avoided the institution of marriage for 50 years, I feel I am now qualified to give advice on the subject to anyone. ;) Seriously, being on the outside allows me a lot of perspective without the biases that being invested often brings.

I'm not a volley ball player (obviously) ......
...... , but thank-you for "Spiking" down my wild attempt to score.

Like I said, "Maybe it's just me".....
..... I realize I have a totally different experiences and perspective on marriage ; it's just a fact.

I was married and divorced twice and engaged another time that fortunately got terminated before the knot got tied.

I was first married at 21 and had 3 children by age 26. We were married 20 years and very truthfully; I don't think see ever said N0 !

The second Marriage lasted 8 years. She was only 4 years older than me, however; began an early menopause, began to lose "desire". After two years of marriage counseling with 2 different therapists and a minister she flat out refused to seek any medical intervention for the problem.

P00F ... she was history !

Now, a little about me !
I'm a proponent of Male lead relationships. My relationships begin with the understanding that the man is the dominant partner within the relationship and that one of the expectations in maintaining that relationship is continuing sexual relations.

If at any point it was decided that sexual relations were to end for some unforeseeable reason it would be a well discussed mutual decision; not a one sided stand off. This would also include , "options ". IF either partner were totally incapacitated to perform or unwilling to participate seeking substitutes from outside the relationship would be on the table if necessary.

I just turned 65. My present girlfriend is nearly half my age. We have been together 10 years. During my progression with ED both of us got by by substituting alternate sexual foreplay activities during times when I was having difficulties maintaining a sufficient errection for penetration.

She has constantly been at my side through my decision making process and my post-surgical implant complications. We had a Dr. appointment again today and there are still further medical decisions to be made; the Journey is not over yet.

She is sexually active with me because she chooses to be sexual with me.

As one of my counselors put it, "withholding sex from a partner is a severe form of psychological abuse"; no matter how they attempt to rationalize it. :|

IF ... a woman really wants to be with you, she will find a way to do that !
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:55 am

Do it for yourself.I did it at 76. My dad did it at 70 and my mom died shortly after. He still had it in working order at 86. He had it done 5 years after they first came on the market. So much for failure. My wife gets really Horney about every 30 days but does me more often than that. You can always pump it up and masterbate. The orgazims after RP can be amazing at times.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”