Re: The Implant Journey Begins...Day by Day Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:50 am

Day 19

I have to say that Hot Tub time is Heaven.

Been soaking 20 minutes, 2x/day. Been using that time to "pull down" on the pump to keep it low in my scrotum. I worry about dislodging something, but Doc said that woudnt happen, so I pull down until it starts being uncomfortable. It generally is still sitting just a few mm below my testicles, and I can easily feel the release button, so I guess I'm doing well.

I'm trying to 'position' my dick "downwards," but it the pump is relatively new, so the equipment is pretty stiff. While standing, its at about a 45 degree angle rather than straight down. (Also hangs to the right a little bit, but it always did) I have a constant dull, aching throb in my dick, 24/7, which I assume is the tension created by the tubing before it becomes more malleable. It's difficult to know exactly how to position it when walking, sitting, and sleeping. Putting on "tighty whities" when it gets too much. Haven't tried to wear normal pants yet, but I will have to next week for work. Should be interesting, because I'v also put on about 8 pounds since the operation and I'm a little worried about my pants size!

I like my dick. No, really - I really, really like my dick. I can't wait until i can use this thing!
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:00 pm

Day 20 - Normalcy has returned!

Got up this morning and felt great. Put my coffee on, and jumped in the hot tub. Played a little pulling my pump down; it didnt hurt, I can find the buttons, doesn't seemed to have "attached" to anything.

Got out of the tub and decided to get DRESSED - yes, no more sweat pants! Buttons jeans over a jockstrap! Nice package! WOOF! Went and fed and watered the chickens, then prepared the stuff for the dump run. Drove to the dump (first time driving since the op), no problem. Stopped at the supermarket and shopped for about an hour.

Came home, didnt need pain meds, and didnt need a nap.

Yes! Good Days Ahead!
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Day 23 - My First Hiccup...

So, I've been taking my twice-daily dips in the hot tub, and been pulling the pump downwards in my ballsack, which were my instructions. I've been feeling pretty positive about the fact that when its warm, it hangs low in my nuts, and I can easily feel the deflate button with my fingers in between my nuts.

Today I woke up and examined myself pretty closely. The stitches have always been weird - obnoxiously large, plastic, prickly things. Apparently, one of them came out or something: I noticed small gap in the incision area, and it was weeping clear fluid. One "lip" of the incision looked red. I may have caught the stitch on something, rubbed it during my sleep, or even pulled it apart in the hot tub while pulling down on the pump.

In any event, Doc wants to see me ... IMMEDIATELY! Another trip to the Doc....

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 pm

Day 25 - Good News!

Got to see Dr. Gross to check out my stitches. I have never had surgery before, much less dissolvable stitches (which are big and awkward and itchy and pokey and plasticky to me...)

He confirmed that I had pulled a stitch out, but the incision healed, there was no redness or swelling, and I shouldnt worry. The dissolving stitches are creating a weird yellowish schmutz, but apparently that's natural. everything looks good, pump is placed perfectly in the nutsack, and i can stop pulling down on it in the the hot tub. Countdown to Inflate/Deflate class on Feb 26!

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:08 am

GruffHunter wrote:Day 19

I have to say that Hot Tub time is Heaven. Told you so :)

Been soaking 20 minutes, 2x/day. Been using that time to "pull down" on the pump to keep it low in my scrotum. I worry about dislodging something, but Doc said that woudnt happen, so I pull down until it starts being uncomfortable. It generally is still sitting just a few mm below my testicles, and I can easily feel the release button, so I guess I'm doing well. A few mm at a time is ok... down is better than up

I'm trying to 'position' my dick "downwards," but it the pump is relatively new, so the equipment is pretty stiff. While standing, its at about a 45 degree angle rather than straight down. (Also hangs to the right a little bit, but it always did) I have a constant dull, aching throb in my dick, 24/7, which I assume is the tension created by the tubing before it becomes more malleable. It's difficult to know exactly how to position it when walking, sitting, and sleeping. Putting on "tighty whities" when it gets too much. Haven't tried to wear normal pants yet, but I will have to next week for work. Should be interesting, because I'v also put on about 8 pounds since the operation and I'm a little worried about my pants size!

I like my dick. No, really - I really, really like my dick. I can't wait until i can use this thing!
Follow your doctors orders, don't rush things... remember GOOD things come to those who wait.

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Day 27 - Jerking Off

Well, I just couldn't handle it any more. woke up feeling frisky, and thinking I still have some blood engorgement going in the ol' dick. Very sensitive on the glans and upper shaft (in a very good way), and every time it touched something (like the inside of my sweatpants) I was getting stimulated.

Took to the bed, and gently played with the upper half of shaft for a while until I came.

Feeling was explosive. Best orgasm I've had in a long, long time. Volume was pretty unremarkable..maybe a teaspoon. I thought I'd have more than that. But I don't care...its all functioning, its all feeling goo, and I haven't even started to cycle yet.

Making a mental list of all the cruising spots I'm going to hit the second I get the green light to fuck...

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Day 37 - minor issues and items of note

Two more weeks before I go back to the Doc for Pumping Class. Getting used to this constant "chubby" in my pants, but beginning to make some notes about stuff:

1) When I pee (which is frequent - every hour or two...not sure why), there's a helluva lot of dribble down my leg after I'm done. Related to that, when I cum (yes, I've been jerking off every other day), I am getting ZERO fluid....until it oozes out over the following 5 minutes. These two issues together suggest (to me, and I'm no doctor) that my urethra is constricted somehow somewhere. It seems that by now there should be no residual swelling from the catheter...so maybe the deflated tubes are accordioning and putting pressure on my urethra?

2) My dick is cold...especially my glans...and this is annoying as fuck. I'm a cold weather guy, usually shoveling snow shirtless and going commando, frequently wearing a kilt in the spring-summer-fall. And yet..even inside and clothed, my glans is like ice. lack of blood from having my cavernosa rotor-rootered? Simply the fact that I have silicone tubes in my dick? Not sure, but I can see this being a significant annoyance going forward.

On the bright side, pump still seems well placed, and I can still quickly find and clearly feel the pump and the deflate button. To be honest, I have come very close to playing around with inflate/deflate before my date with the Doc in two weeks....

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Day 42 - Serious Buyer's Remorse Day

I'm pretty sure it's just a phase, but this whole implant really had me down today, in spite of the fact that the op went great.

My implant was Jan 7. I haven't inflated yet (Doc has that scheduled for Feb 26), so I havent seen or 'felt' a full erection yet, and I sure as hell havent fucked.

But here's what I *have* experienced:

6 weeks of not being able to do normal physical activity, and the growing fear that my dick is always going to be in the way of even simple things, like bending over and putting on socks. A cold dick. Leaking a bit much after peeing, and dry orgasms with cum leaking out 5 minutes later. Mechanics in my balls. A constant chubby. Hard Things in my dick that squeak and feel hard from the outside.

If I'm totally honest, given my current situation, if my choice was to have all this, or to not have it and never get hard again...I'd actually choose *not* to get the implant. It's hard to imagine that the episodic positive effect it will have will outweigh the 24/7 annoyance of its presence. Right now, I regret the decision.

I know that once I get to pumping it up, this may change. I hope so.

Sorry for the downer of a post, but reality isn't always rainbows and puppy dogs...I think it's important to keep an honest account of what's going on with me head, especially for guys in the future considering an implant to know.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 am

Sorry you feel this way now, BUT this time next year you will be so thankful you did this. It just takes a lot of time for everything to "ware" in, find it's place, and for you to learn how to use it. Hang in there, I don't think you will be sorry!
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

RJ1000

Postby RJ1000 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 am

Hi Gruff. Hope you're feeling better today!
Age 66. ED caused by Peyronie's with hourglass deformity 2016. Prostate Surgery 2017 and now cancer free. Implanted Jan/2019 by Dr. Kramer. AMS-700-CX (21.0 cm with 0.5 RTE).

Return to “Implants”