Two More Years 'til Medicare. Implant Worth it at 65?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cigar56

Two More Years 'til Medicare. Implant Worth it at 65?

Postby Cigar56 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:43 pm

I have been taking pills and now injections for what seems forever. Some days I will take a pill AND an injection. Wife can go months without sex but I masturbate 3-4 times a week to compensate. I can cobble together decent erections with pills and injections, but I would love the reliabilty and ease of use of an implant. Even with injections I can't achieve a rock-hard boner, and I miss that. When we do have sex the wife says my erections are good enough, but whatever.

Has anybody here elected to have an implant at 65+ when they really didn't have to have it? I've still got a couple years before Medicare will pick up the tab, but my soul searching is already underway! LOL.
Last edited by Cigar56 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Lost Sheep

Re: Two More Years 'til Medicare. Implant Worth it at 65?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:10 pm

I got mine at 69 years. Decided to do it 14 months before (but wanted to make SURE I did it RIGHT).

If your wife still enjoys sex with you, yes, I think it is worth it.

Hopefully Medicare will not change their parameters. You might consider a supplemental insurance package (to your current coverage or for a future Medicare policy) that would cover you sooner.

Hopefully, also, your wife will not change her parameters. Note that female hormone supplements are prescribed for many women to maintain their functions, including skin tone, energy levels, vaginal elasticity, sexual desire etc as well as controlling hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:50 pm

Well, that's the thing. She isn't all that interested anymore, frankly. Marriage is fine; she simply doesn't have much desire. That makes it more difficult for me to decide what to do.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:05 pm

Cigar56 wrote:

Well, that's the thing. She isn't all that interested anymore, frankly. Marriage is fine; she simply doesn't have much desire. That makes it more difficult for me to decide what to do.

Maybe she is saying that to spare your feeling getting hurt??? Maybe a big stiff whopper would wake her up?? :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:22 pm

I was 66. Would have gotten it at 65 but thought it was all in my head. Well mostly anyway. The Doppler proved that wrong. 4 months later got my implant. You should too. Doesn't matter if you ever use it. Just knowing that you could is a real booster. Makes me smile all the time. Rock hard just moments away any time day or night. Never had that control even as a youngster.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:14 pm

Cigar56 wrote:

This thread in the "General Discussion" arena might be worthwhile reading.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11392
It talks about keeping a relationship without sex. Many comments that might provide some clarity.

Also, this thread
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7452&start=30
On page four near the bottom, it has a post with a number of links that might be useful in helping you think through your decisions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:04 am

I got my first one at 71 and the second at 72. No regrets on the second one.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:32 am

Just get it done......best thing ever :)
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

HarryBelafonte

Postby HarryBelafonte » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Smetro wrote:Just get it done......best thing ever :)

Ditto; I got mine at 62. Wife was suffering from dementia and was in a center. I was turtling and the shots weren't working plus I had some upward Peyronnees (sic). It is amazing. Do it but listen to these guys about who should do it. I had a commercial urologist tell me that "we do those" and that is BS> My surgeon at UTSW does 7-10 per week.
67 year old implanted with 22 cm + extenders Titan Coloplast in 2013. Facing prostate robotic prostate removal on January 15, 2019. Am told that it will be nerve sparing hope that I will still have feeling . Gleeson 7; 4+3

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:51 pm

I got mine at 67......medicare paid for everything......that was almost enough to give me an erection right there......I've never been married so I cannot really comment on your situation.....but as for mine, it's one of the best things I've ever done in my life...…

Dinner-dr (2).jpg
Dinner-dr (2).jpg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Return to “Implants”