hardness Titan vs. AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: hardness Titan vs. AMS

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Glad you're happy Vag,
That's all that counts brother.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

MyImplant

Postby MyImplant » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:42 pm

My original implant was the LGX 8 years ago and replaced it with a Titan 5 months ago.

The LGX is spectacular for the length expandability and I do not recall having a serious bulge problem. My problem with the LGX is that pump was difficult to inflate and sometimes I just failed to inflate. There is a need to a quick squeeze of the pump that hopefully would result in= a "popping" sensation. If you fail to achieve this you will continuously pump thinking you are inflating when you are simply recirculating the fluid. Very frustrating when you are ready for action and you are having an argument with your pump. So the way I dealt with that is to eventually get it pumped up and leave it hard until the next time. Among other things this means that you are not returning the fluid to the reservoir increasing the possibility of encapsulation and of course the bulge resulting from your "permanent hardon". The good news is that deflation was easy and worked. AMS pump gets brownie points there. Yes it is true about the natural hang.

BUT BUT BUT the best part of the LGX is the expandability. When I got my revision I added 4 CM tp the cylinder lengths. That is a lot!. I personally give the expandability feature for half of this increase and the other half to my continuous use of a VED AND hanging weights.

So if one can master the task of switching to inflate mode and you want more length and you want to avoid the bulge I would recommend the LGX.

I decided on the revision because I felt I had enough length and I wanted more girth and I wanted to be able to inflate every time. Hence the Titan.

Well I got 4 CM of additional length (I would have got this with another LGX although some of this might be in extra RTEs). YES I got the easy and reliable inflation. BUT then I got a back-filling problem, a very "hard" flaccid dick.. (cylinders of the Titan are more durable and stiffer. HOWEVER my complaint about the Titan may not have anything to do with the Titan. My doctor whom I still trust elected to reuse the AMS reservoir rather than to install a new Titan reservoir which is larger and has a back-fill preventer valve. Reduced risk of infection etc.

The result is that now I have a really large flaccid dick with stiff cylinders that bulge a lot.

BOTTOM LINE FOR THE AMS vs TITAN comparison.. Just like the advertising says.. It is that simple.. Softer easier hang vs stiffer hanging cock. I think both are well designed and will last a long time. You cannot lose with either. BUT… I love my Titan when I do not have to go out in public. Hiding behind my sun glasses I am focusing on eye movement of women I walk by and none seem to notice. So I guess this is all in my head. But it really does stick out and I can trace my 7 inches in my pants. I see the outline of my glans and I am surprised that women do not notice. So what is the worst thing that can happen? They think I am some dirty old perverted man. I object.. I am not dirty.
AMS 700 LGX 19 CM (15CM + 4CM RTE) Sept 2009 by Dr. Neil Baum (erect 7.25 BPL to tip Girth 5 1/4" Replaced by Dr. Hellstrum 8/17/18 with Titan 22 CM + 1 CM RTE. Now 8 1/4' BPEL side to tip, 5 7/8" girth midshaft and 7+" at base.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:03 pm

MyImplant wrote:My original implant was the LGX 8 years ago and replaced it with a Titan 5 months ago.

The LGX is spectacular for the length expandability and I do not recall having a serious bulge problem. My problem with the LGX is that pump was difficult to inflate and sometimes I just failed to inflate. There is a need to a quick squeeze of the pump that hopefully would result in= a "popping" sensation. If you fail to achieve this you will continuously pump thinking you are inflating when you are simply recirculating the fluid. Very frustrating when you are ready for action and you are having an argument with your pump. So the way I dealt with that is to eventually get it pumped up and leave it hard until the next time. Among other things this means that you are not returning the fluid to the reservoir increasing the possibility of encapsulation and of course the bulge resulting from your "permanent hardon". The good news is that deflation was easy and worked. AMS pump gets brownie points there. Yes it is true about the natural hang.

BUT BUT BUT the best part of the LGX is the expandability. When I got my revision I added 4 CM tp the cylinder lengths. That is a lot!. I personally give the expandability feature for half of this increase and the other half to my continuous use of a VED AND hanging weights.

So if one can master the task of switching to inflate mode and you want more length and you want to avoid the bulge I would recommend the LGX.

I decided on the revision because I felt I had enough length and I wanted more girth and I wanted to be able to inflate every time. Hence the Titan.

Well I got 4 CM of additional length (I would have got this with another LGX although some of this might be in extra RTEs). YES I got the easy and reliable inflation. BUT then I got a back-filling problem, a very "hard" flaccid dick.. (cylinders of the Titan are more durable and stiffer. HOWEVER my complaint about the Titan may not have anything to do with the Titan. My doctor whom I still trust elected to reuse the AMS reservoir rather than to install a new Titan reservoir which is larger and has a back-fill preventer valve. Reduced risk of infection etc.

The result is that now I have a really large flaccid dick with stiff cylinders that bulge a lot.

BOTTOM LINE FOR THE AMS vs TITAN comparison.. Just like the advertising says.. It is that simple.. Softer easier hang vs stiffer hanging cock. I think both are well designed and will last a long time. You cannot lose with either. BUT… I love my Titan when I do not have to go out in public. Hiding behind my sun glasses I am focusing on eye movement of women I walk by and none seem to notice. So I guess this is all in my head. But it really does stick out and I can trace my 7 inches in my pants. I see the outline of my glans and I am surprised that women do not notice. So what is the worst thing that can happen? They think I am some dirty old perverted man. I object.. I am not dirty.

I think AMS must have got a redesign in the pump. With mine, my first pump is a quick one and I feel a little click, which locks it closed. I never have problems pumping. Now, after I deflate, I give it that quick squeeze to feel the click... this prevents backfill problems. While I agree that the Titan is harder than the AMS, I will reiterate what the big 4 told me... Yes, the Titan is harder but the AMS is hard enough for vaginal and anal intercourse... If you want to pound nails, use a hammer. They all agree on that :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 pm

MyImplant wrote:My problem with the LGX is that pump was difficult to inflate and sometimes I just failed to inflate. There is a need to a quick squeeze of the pump that hopefully would result in= a "popping" sensation. If you fail to achieve this you will continuously pump thinking you are inflating when you are simply recirculating the fluid.

Larry10625 wrote:I think AMS must have got a redesign in the pump. With mine, my first pump is a quick one and I feel a little click, which locks it closed. I never have problems pumping. Now, after I deflate, I give it that quick squeeze to feel the click... this prevents backfill problems.
Larry

I have been continually confused about the descriptions I have read about operating the AMS pump.

With my pump, even a slow squeeze of the bulb results in the valve flipping to inflate mode (the "pop", which I feel as a sudden collapse of the bulb as I squeeze it). This usually (90% of the time) on the second squeeze of the bulb. The first squeeze is resisted by the bulb. The second squeeze is resisted but then gives way as the valve flips to inflate mode. Happens every time except for the times when the first squeeze does it.

After that, each squeeze of the bulb results in increased erection (and increased resistance to squeezing as the pressure in the implant rises) until maximum erection is reached.

Deflating, of course, is accomplished by depressing the deflate button until the valve flips into deflate mode.

But locking the valve with the same procedure (which puts it into inflate mode) does not seem to me to be likely to lock against spontaneous flow from reservoir to implant tubes. It seems to me that leaving the valve in deflate mode should do that.

My valve works and I know how to operate it. That is the important thing. But I would really like to know HOW it works. Design drawings of the mechanism have been hard to find.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
MyImplant wrote:My problem with the LGX is that pump was difficult to inflate and sometimes I just failed to inflate. There is a need to a quick squeeze of the pump that hopefully would result in= a "popping" sensation. If you fail to achieve this you will continuously pump thinking you are inflating when you are simply recirculating the fluid.

Larry10625 wrote:I think AMS must have got a redesign in the pump. With mine, my first pump is a quick one and I feel a little click, which locks it closed. I never have problems pumping. Now, after I deflate, I give it that quick squeeze to feel the click... this prevents backfill problems.
Larry

I have been continually confused about the descriptions I have read about operating the AMS pump.

With my pump, even a slow squeeze of the bulb results in the valve flipping to inflate mode (the "pop", which I feel as a sudden collapse of the bulb as I squeeze it). This usually (90% of the time) on the second squeeze of the bulb. The first squeeze is resisted by the bulb. The second squeeze is resisted but then gives way as the valve flips to inflate mode. Happens every time except for the times when the first squeeze does it.

After that, each squeeze of the bulb results in increased erection (and increased resistance to squeezing as the pressure in the implant rises) until maximum erection is reached.

Deflating, of course, is accomplished by depressing the deflate button until the valve flips into deflate mode.

But locking the valve with the same procedure (which puts it into inflate mode) does not seem to me to be likely to lock against spontaneous flow from reservoir to implant tubes. It seems to me that leaving the valve in deflate mode should do that.

My valve works and I know how to operate it. That is the important thing. But I would really like to know HOW it works. Design drawings of the mechanism have been hard to find.

I have never tried to slowly squeeze it to lock it closed... maybe that works. As for locking it closed to prevent backflow, the saline can't automatically flow back and fourth with it locked. I mentioned this to Jamie from AMS and she feels that would be a good way as well.

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:34 pm

Larry10625 wrote:I have never tried to slowly squeeze it to lock it closed... maybe that works. As for locking it closed to prevent backflow, the saline can't automatically flow back and fourth with it locked. I mentioned this to Jamie from AMS and she feels that would be a good way as well.
Larry

So, saline cannot flow by itself from reservoir to implant when the valve is in inflate mode? But CAN flow by itself from reservoir to implant when in DEflate mode?

I would not design a valve like that. But, then, they have the incentive to make their product as easy to use and failure-proof as possibly they can. So, I cannot fault their design decisions without having fully explored that design and its operation. (I have been busy investigating the operation of the device in the fully inflated mode :roll: :oops: )

(I kind of took the thread off-topic. Perhaps if we want to explore the valve operation further, a new thread would be appropriate, or resurrecting some other thread that addressed similar operational/design subjects.)
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

MyImplant

Postby MyImplant » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 pm

You guys alll have the LGX. I had one also. So your answers probably do not help me. Alibaba has a Titan and feels that your "trick" works for him. This was exciting to me. I tried it and it didn't. My problem may be unique.I think, bht do not positively know, that my reservoir has been encapsulated. However op notes say the put a full 120 cc into my 100CC reservoir (the rest went into the new implant) which argues strongly against my theory. I was also promised by one of he doctors in my surgery that they really did this. Having said that I still do not know why I can not defated to at least 50%. It seems I am deflating only to the point where I can bend my penis somewhat. So what is going on?

What really bothers me is that unlike the AMS reservoir the TItan reservoir has a lockout valve to protect against back filling. So one can argue that the TItan needs this. So what about the reuse of the AMS? Supposedly an acceptable reason.. Interesting that Kramer also reuses the AMS reservoir when revising with a Titan.

So I still do not know. The doctors suggest that I get over my bulge and just accept that i have a bigger dick that has to go somewhere. Sounds good. TYo makes matters worse I am losing weight and dropped 4 inches in the waist and the pants are smaller with less room for my buddy. It fuckimg hurts when I cannot adjust it in a public setting. I never thought I might complaining about a bulge. I know that my dick is longer and thicker and I love it. So maybe I should stop worrying about the battle of the bulge. But if you saw it you would say.. oh oh you have problem. Oh well I am still a work in progress. Possible solution is a reservoir replacement which the doctors said they would do but they think I should calm down and give it a chance for me to accept this. My problem is that I have never seen another man with such a bulge. Truthfully I have never noticed a bulge in person.. just in pictures.

Enough talk about bulges. I just what to deflate it and keep it deflated. This will solve my bulge hangups.

So tell me one more time.. how do I keep my Titan deflated?
AMS 700 LGX 19 CM (15CM + 4CM RTE) Sept 2009 by Dr. Neil Baum (erect 7.25 BPL to tip Girth 5 1/4" Replaced by Dr. Hellstrum 8/17/18 with Titan 22 CM + 1 CM RTE. Now 8 1/4' BPEL side to tip, 5 7/8" girth midshaft and 7+" at base.

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Forgive me for laughing (but with you, not at you!) Do you know how many guys buy 'uplifting' underwear, jocks, or stuff their underwear, etc., so that they can show off a bulge?! You've got one with no effort now!

I never understood why women were expected to 'promote' their unique anatomy with bras and low cut blouses....while men were expected to cram their unique anatomy to the point of looking like an agender doll. Find a way to be physically comfortable, and flaunt it, buddy! (Or switch from pants to kilts!)
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 pm

MyImplant wrote:(edited for brevity)
...I should calm down and give it a chance for me to accept this. My problem is that I have never seen another man with such a bulge. Truthfully I have never noticed a bulge in person.. just in pictures.

Enough talk about bulges. I just what to deflate it and keep it deflated. This will solve my bulge hangups.

So tell me one more time.. how do I keep my Titan deflated?

GruffHunter, in his post, reminded me that many men wear underwear that helps keep things "organized" down there. Is that a solution that might work for you? I wear my penis pointed up (even before the implant) in underwear that keeps it close to my belly. There are many brands that have been mentioned here. Do a search on "underwear" to find the threads.

David Archy is one brand that has received a lot of mentions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

MyImplant

Postby MyImplant » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks.. but I am already using his two pouch brief.. exactly for the reasons you state. A tough out of control Titan seems to defeat a DA brief. I am going to try to get a picture of my bulge and see if I am overly conscious about this. It is great to have a bulge problem but maybe there are limits? Thanks for helping me.

Return to “Implants”