Hello from Bumble

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Bumble

Hello from Bumble

Postby Bumble » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 pm

currently 53 and scheduled for implant placement in early march this year. 6'0, 225#, retired navy living in San Diego.
While I was active duty and age 33, was diagnosed as depressed and on meds for 2 years which hampered my professional job. I was seen by an older urologist for another issue who when i told him more about my total physical health, he got a testosterone level which was below 50, so as any good doctor you think thats an error and he got another which was now below 50. this was back in 2001 and over seas so the test took weeks to return. I got started on hormone replacement therapy and within 3 weeks was off my anti depressants. My libido came back and my natural erections. After turning 35, I started needing pills to help which progressed with minimal help as not that much was available via the military for these issues. I've tried piercings to excite, and still have them, did fore skin restoration for 7 years and now have glans coverage, although I have to roll it down over, and progressed to use of cock ring then to VED for past 2 years. It has caused such marital and emotion problems that, we with therapy have worked and working thru but the lost years is painful to remember. The straw that pushed me to go to an implant, I had to switch from injection of Testosterone back to implanted pellets and new diagnosis of tachyphalixis (resistance to medication at previous doses) to the hormone replacement therapy. I asked about implants. my wife and i had not had intercourse for over 6 months, we were both avoiding it. I couldn't perform, she didn't want to put stress on me and I didn't want to fail yet another time. My current urologist referred me to a new doc who had just finished a sexual health fellowship with a leading sexual health doctor Irwin Goldstein. My urologist Dr B. on first appointment with me crying in his office said he could help me. He required me and my wife to see a sex therapist prior to deciding on a surgical date and that was a brilliant observation. we have been to over 8 appointments and working on our sexual communications, desires and setting expectations. We have been married 30 years and had gotten into more than a rut. There were changes of our bodies, sexual taste changes and old habits in regard to sex. I am a nudist at home and socially at nearby beach, she isn't a nudist and has her own body image issues. I hadn't made her orgasm in many years and that also affected my performance. there were trust issue due to affairs i had over ten years ago. our sex therapist really helped us to the point that even if you think you have a great marriage i would recommend a sex therapist just to tune up the romance. It is the best value for money I've spent. Well Dr B liked our progress and set a surgical date. I can chose my preference for implants and if no issue discovered during surgery then i get it. I have many questions that reading everyones post has helped me distill down. gotta talk to wife about her preference on deflated hang as it appears that there is some difference to both types, she is attending my pre-op appointment early Feb. besides that question about having a large PA piercing, 00, and anyone who had one prior to implant placement, so thanks and for all the information that the site has given so far. Bumble
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Bumble

Re: Hello from Bumble

Postby Bumble » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:28 pm

forgot to aid that Dr B, told me to go ahead and do pre-op VED so using that to help reduce continued loss or atrophy and implant loss. my ED diagnosis was for severe venous leakage. I recommend the book The Potent Male by Dr Irwin Goldstein. Older book but great to explain the ED issue and treatment options for myself and wife.
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

ChosenOne619

Re: Hello from Bumble

Postby ChosenOne619 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:58 pm

Glad to hear that sex therapy is working well for you. Keep me posted as I also live in San Diego and is thinking about an implant, I wanna get a traction device or start hanging to make sure I dont lose length from surgery.
22 year old male with Ed since I could remember. Tried sildenafil 20mg per pill went up to 4 pills didn't work and side effect were getting to me. San Diego, California where I reside

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”