hardness Titan vs. AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

hardness Titan vs. AMS

Postby DougAnd » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:55 am

Each one of us has our personal preference. And that's why the implants are different simple supply and demand. modern implant pumps have been Limited in pressure. That makes them safer to use. Reduces and almost eliminates erosion. Because of that the AMS that I have will never be as hard as a Titan. But for me that's not the issue. if what you need it for requires it to be hard as a steel rebar then Titan is your man. Most guys I'm sure don't need that and AMS hard is much more than hard enough. So for me that's not an issue. You need to decide what is best for you and your needs
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

ccrider

Re: hardness Titan vs. AMS

Postby ccrider » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 pm

DougAnd wrote:Each one of us has our personal preference. And that's why the implants are different simple supply and demand. modern implant pumps have been Limited in pressure. That makes them safer to use. Reduces and almost eliminates erosion. Because of that the AMS that I have will never be as hard as a Titan. But for me that's not the issue. if what you need it for requires it to be hard as a steel rebar then Titan is your man. Most guys I'm sure don't need that and AMS hard is much more than hard enough. So for me that's not an issue. You need to decide what is best for you and your needs

I can't imagine the need for anything harder than the AMS 700 LGX fully pumped...yes, you can hang a towel from it...much harder than a natural erection even when enhanced by pills. I also like the fact that the LGX will deflate and look normal in a pair of business suit dress slacks...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Hardness inflated:

Coloplast wins. (That is 5% of a man's day assuming he has sex or models for an art class making drawings of Priapus for Fascinus for an hour a day). Girth is greater than the AMS. Length is a toss-up if the surgeon did a proper job of measuring.

Natural appearance, feel and comfort deflated:

AMS wins the other 95% of the time. Stowage is easier and there is less need to change your wardrobe to "dress around" your implant.

Both are more than adequate for the purpose of sex.

BUT!!!!!!

The man's internal anatomy may demand one or the other more or less definitively. Most men would be able to accommodate any model of either brand but some men have special needs (Peyronie's disease is a prime example, internal scarring, size requirements, etc).

It may not be a choice of personal preference (of the patient or of the surgeon).

I advise pre-surgery deep discussions with your surgeon so that your surgeon knows what to implant to best serve your MEDICAL needs and your PERSONAL preferences. In that way, your surgeon can make your best choice FOR YOU while you are incapacitated on the operating table. You hire your surgeon because his/her knowledge and skills are adequate where yours are probably not (though you ARE part of your medical care team). Balancing the competing desires (wanting to be in control of the choices and needing to turn control of those choices over to an expert) is an act of compromise.

Please do not let the debate between Coloplast advocates and AMS advocates lose sight of the need for compromise and accommodation.

Thanks for reading.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:20 pm

DougAnd wrote:Each one of us has our personal preference. And that's why the implants are different simple supply and demand. modern implant pumps have been Limited in pressure. That makes them safer to use. Reduces and almost eliminates erosion. Because of that the AMS that I have will never be as hard as a Titan. But for me that's not the issue. if what you need it for requires it to be hard as a steel rebar then Titan is your man. Most guys I'm sure don't need that and AMS hard is much more than hard enough. So for me that's not an issue. You need to decide what is best for you and your needs

I wholeheartedly agree with you, however, in an attempt for the moderator side of me to remain neutral, I spoke with the top 4 implant surgeons and got their opinion which I shared with our members and yet some STILL argue with their own choice of surgeon. Recently, I learned that one of them has some kind of deal with a company to highly recommend their brand and almost exclusively implants them while another of the top 4 says that 90% of his revision surgeries are replacing that very same brand. I am not a surgeon, it's not my fault if you disagree with them. I thank and support the many members who privately and publically support my way of dealing with topics. Now, we have beat this horse to death... can we please drop it and move on to something else. Thanks :)

Larry

twister

Postby twister » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:09 am

I had ams for 4 yrs and changed it for titan and the was best decision I ever made

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:00 pm

twister wrote:I had ams for 4 yrs and changed it for titan and the was best decision I ever made

The input from someone who has had both (if both installations were done properly) is valuable. Please share specifics of each experience. It would be VERY helpful, especially for men discussing implantation (or revision) with their medical team.

Thank you.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:55 pm

I can't compare the 2 major brands but do have a question related to hardness.
My doc said the CX would be more "stable" over certain lengths.

I think I'm similar in size to Lost Sheep (great screen name) and DougAnd although they got the LGX.
I finally got some swelling down on my penis and got my wife to feel it this morning.
She said it felt hard, but it's not inflated.

There may be some residual saline in it but I don't know.

I guess my question is is the flaccid penis somewhat hard with CX?

On a side note, I never had any bruising or scrotal swelling for which i'm grateful.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:03 pm

tomas1 wrote:is is the flaccid penis somewhat hard with CX?

I have a CX, flaccid is just like before, no problem at all. I've heard guys say their flaccid is a problem, mostly from Coloplast implant. Erect, I am hard as a jackhammer chisel. And it lasts until I am physically exhausted, and then, until she is physically exhausted or can't take another big O.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:09 pm

tomas1 wrote:I can't compare the 2 major brands but do have a question related to hardness.
My doc said the CX would be more "stable" over certain lengths.

I think I'm similar in size to Lost Sheep (great screen name) and DougAnd although they got the LGX.
I finally got some swelling down on my penis and got my wife to feel it this morning.
She said it felt hard, but it's not inflated.

There may be some residual saline in it but I don't know.

I guess my question is is the flaccid penis somewhat hard with CX?

On a side note, I never had any bruising or scrotal swelling for which i'm grateful.

Thanks, tomas1,

At only six days post-op, I suspect you may have some residual swelling remaining (even if it is not tender to her touch). Almost certainly your surgeon left some inflation in you. My surgeon left me at 80%. The advantage of not having scar tissue form a capsule around a fully deflated implant (making inflation which requires breaking up that capsule -this is called "the coffin effect") is clear in the medical literature. Early activation/cycling is also advisable. Both protocols tend to be uncomfortable for the patient - the only apparent drawback.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:40 pm

Doug-

I like the way you described different models for different needs. The Titan fulfills all my needs. Too many times I think men disparage the model they dont have whether intentionally or not.

I like the bulge. And although I dont think about my implant 24/7-when I do think about it-it makes me a bit horny and gives me more confidence than I already have with the imlant. And I know when im sexually active it will give me even more confidence in the bedroom with the lights turned on. Anal will be better too. Something very important to me.

No more "turtle head" when at the doctors office when pants are pulled down and yes it may be mistaken as a slight hard-on there will be no more turtle head which-of the two-ill take the semi-erection over the turtle head anyday.

This is my perspective having only had a Titan. The other models I'll leave up to the guys with the AMS models

I hope I offered guys learning toward a Titan some valuable information with making your decision.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Return to “Implants”