I seen Dr Eid, now not sure what to do

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: I seen Dr Eid, now not sure what to do

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Lost sheep is exactly right. the internal measurements are all that most American surgeons use. However overseas in Italy I think at least one surgeon measures both the inside and the outside to make sure that they match. He always gives the patient about 1/8 inch more than their flaccid stretch before surgery. Why they don't do that in the United States I have no idea. We should be the leaders in every industry not the followers. Oh well
When using your vacuum device make sure to check your progress using flaccid stretch measurement. Put a ruler tight against your pubic bone right above your penis and stretch like crazy. Relax and do it again and again and again. After several times you will stretch out to your maximum length. That is what Eid is basing your out come on before surgery.
Using the vacuum device during the last minute bear down on your anus muscles and hold them really tight. That will help stretch out more quickly deep inside.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Regarding the flaccid stretch test - is it a decent pull below the glans or a very strong as much as possible pull including glans ? makes 1/2“ differencr in my case.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:20 am

Always measure to the very tip of the glands. If you can get a partial erection all the better. The inside measurement however only goes about halfway in. The inside measurement is not the same as the outside measurement. And that is why the guy in Italy measures both at the same time. As I recall before closing he fully inflates the prosthesis and measures from the pubic bone to the tip of the glands to make sure that he has the right length. In the US they just don't care. Anyting hard big or small seems to be good enough. Of course it's not their penis.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm

DougAnd wrote: (edited for focus)
In the US they just don't care. Anyting hard big or small seems to be good enough. Of course it's not their penis.

SOME care. Some care very much. Dr. Eid wrote to me, "Find a surgeon in love with his craft." He will put his patients' welfare above all else. Dr. Eid is not the only surgeon who does that, either.

You know what you call the Doctor who graduates at the top of his class? "Doctor".

You know what you call the Doctor who graduates at the bottom of his class? "Doctor".

Pick your surgeon carefully. Interview him or her. Ask about technique. If you have educated yourself on the procedure and ask pertinent questions, your doctor will respect your interest. If the doctor does not, find another surgeon.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm

To fuck, or not to fuck, that is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of a limp sausage
Or to take your staff against a sea of sorrows
And by opposing end them..to lie - to hump
To end the heartache and thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, aye, and there's the rub
Do I dare upset the order of the universe?
Do I dare eat a peach?
So I ask once again....to fuck or not to fuck?
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Well said. And yes dr. Eid is one of those who really cares. I can't think of why anyone would complain. You may or may not lose a few eighths of an inch. but it does upset me that the technique is already developed and no one here in the US seems to pick it up on it. the guy in Italy uses the same LG X that everyone else does.
but actually without a ruler you would probably never know the difference

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 pm

coldbrew wrote:So, with that said I am not sure what I will do, and when. Maybe I will try using the VED more, or buy a traction device to see if it will improve.
Seems to me that you have two options.

Option 1: Schedule the surgery and trust Dr Eid to give you the most length possible. But while you are waiting for the surgery date (probably 2-3 months) you could go ahead and work with the VED or traction. If you are seeing any increase in length then cancel the surgery and work on length.

Option 2: Don't schedule the surgery and work hard with VED/traction for 6-12 months then schedule. But don't forget that an increase in length is only useful if it allows the surgeon to increase the implant length, like going from 20cm to 22cm. Dr Eid can fit Titans in 1cm increments, so you would need to increase your flaccid length by at least an 0.5cm (0.2") with the VED or it's not worth doing. Is that possible, probably, but I don't know.

I asked Dr Eid if I should start using a VED three months before my surgery. He said it wouldn't do anything for me, so I didn't do it. But it certainly wouldn't have hurt either.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Xomanow wrote:To fuck, or not to fuck, that is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of a limp sausage
Or to take your staff against a sea of sorrows
And by opposing end them..to lie - to hump
To end the heartache and thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, aye, and there's the rub
Do I dare upset the order of the universe?
Do I dare eat a peach?
So I ask once again....to fuck or not to fuck?

Xomanow,
Excellent!
Thanks.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:55 am

you state the following:
....can no longer have sex, it's been a year. My relationship with my wife is great. Yes, it would be better if sex was evolved......My fear is waking up to 4.5" implant with little girth, and wishing I had not decided on implant. I mean if it doesn't work out, I will have to put up with walking around with a pump in my sac, and larger not normal flaccid penis......I am just now 50 yrs old

Wow, this seems like a "no brainer decision" to just go out and get the implant. By getting implanted, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Agreed that having 4.5 inches is not great, but it is better to have 4.5 inches and to be able to fuck, then to have a continual shrinking peryones dick that is useless with no ability to fuck.

So, remember: "good things happen when you go for it"...and sign up for the surgery.....you need it.
Also remember: "nothing good happens while you wait"
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 am

TANGERINE wrote:you state the following:
....can no longer have sex, it's been a year. My relationship with my wife is great. Yes, it would be better if sex was evolved......My fear is waking up to 4.5" implant with little girth, and wishing I had not decided on implant. I mean if it doesn't work out, I will have to put up with walking around with a pump in my sac, and larger not normal flaccid penis......I am just now 50 yrs old

Wow, this seems like a "no brainer decision" to just go out and get the implant. By getting implanted, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Agreed that having 4.5 inches is not great, but it is better to have 4.5 inches and to be able to fuck, then to have a continual shrinking peryones dick that is useless with no ability to fuck.

So, remember: "good things happen when you go for it"...and sign up for the surgery.....you need it.
Also remember: "nothing good happens while you wait"

AMEN :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”