Impact on Career

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
Larry10625

Re: Impact on Career

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
DaveKell wrote:My circumstances are not quite what you are describing but here goes my reply anyway. I've been self employed most of my adult life by owning a sign company. When I speak at seminars for men looking for answers for ED treatment I always begin by mentioning I closed down a business I'd had most of my life at age 58 and retired. It wasn't because I was necessarily financially ready to retire so young, but because I had lost all determination and motivation from the mental ravages of ED. I became very isolated from everyone around me and even took to sleeping in a guest room of my home for some time. Since being implanted my motivation has returned in spades. My wife (a retired school teacher) and I started a new business together we have loads of fun with. It's nowhere near as lucrative as my former business financially but fills a need I have to be productive. I also began a rather unlikely 3rd career as a songwriter. For over a year I've been playing new original songs every week at a jam session and also at a songwriter circle open mic combination weekly. I've made some surprising new friends through meeting a new friend who was friends and in the tour band of some very heavy hitter iconic Texas musicians such as Guy Clark, Townes VanZandt, Billy Joe Shaver and the legendary Mickey Newbury. He also toured and recorded with Kristofferson and Hank, Jr. He's very impressed with my songwriting and will be recording some tracks very soon on a few demo recordings for me when he returns to Texas from some extended gigs in New Orleans clubs. I have a friend in Nashville who is a retired songwriter. His songs have been recorded by Garth Brooks, John Denver, Dianna Ross, Charlie Pride and many others. I send him raw recordings of my songs he heaps lots of praise on. Many well know Nashville musicians frequently gather at his house and have heard my songs. He told me a guy named Pete Wasner who is in Vince Gill's band liked some of what I sent. Pete wrote nearly all of Vince's most well known songs. 2019 is the year I expect something to happen with all this and I have lots of motivation to make it happen. My new friend is going to see to it I get to play some originals for Billy Joe Shaver very soon as Billy lives just under 3 hours from us. None of this would be happening if confidence in my manhood hadn't been restored. Being able to function sexually is a vital part of mental well being in men and this year I intend to prove how far reaching the results can be. The fact is there's a very successful means to that end available.

Dave, that post is the most inspiring thing I have seen from you since you reversed your decision to leave FrankTalk ("SIGNING OFF..." in Nov 08, 2017). Perhaps that hyperbolic assessment is due to me being a singer/guitarist myself, considering reviving tiny, tiny musical career.

Would you care to share any lyrics? I imagine you may have a poem or song we might find heartening (perhaps not suitable for most musical venues but might have ED as the source material?)

Thanks for sticking around and continuing to inspire us.

Here, here, I'll 2nd that. :)

Larry

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding to the request to hear some of my songwriting. I guess this fell through the very huge crack of my recent spinal fusion surgery!
https://soundcloud.com/user-566557345/gettin-off-this-train-pre-rough This is one of my most requested at open mics I attend.
https://soundcloud.com/user-566557345/anna-lou-with-solos This is a song I wrote about an 84 year old elegant lady who attends my weekly jam with her magnificent old 1962 Gibson guitar. Hope these links work!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

DaveKell wrote:Sorry for the delay in responding to the request to hear some of my songwriting. I guess this fell through the very huge crack of my recent spinal fusion surgery!
https://soundcloud.com/user-566557345/gettin-off-this-train-pre-rough This is one of my most requested at open mics I attend.
https://soundcloud.com/user-566557345/anna-lou-with-solos This is a song I wrote about an 84 year old elegant lady who attends my weekly jam with her magnificent old 1962 Gibson guitar. Hope these links work!

I could not easily make out all the words to "Anna Lou", but the chorus is to beautiful to not share here. And I love the instrumental breaks.

Anna Lou, would you sing the song I love
With your voice like an angel in the choir above
Pick your old guitar it sounds the best of any (here?)
Any key you choose is music to my ear

The words to "Gettin' Off This Train" are too good not to publish here: I hope you don't mind the transcription.

I Ain't feeling good today, but what am I to do
About as useless as a hammer trying to drive a screw
Lifes passin' by but I don't seem to care
I'm riding on a train that ain't goin anywhere

Rolled out this morning, nothing on my mind
Digging in a drawer, no socks left to find
Lookin' in my closet, no pants on the rack
My life's like a train that's run out of track

Wife says its over, she ain't gonna to stay
Man, its really shaping up to be a fine day
Wearing dirty clothes again and socks that stink
The pantry's empty, no coffee to drink

Thinking maybe I should go back to bed
This day holds nothing but a train wreck ahead
Ring, ring, ring, I can't find the phone
Don't give a damn, just leave me alone

Ain't feeling good today, but what am I to do?
About as useless as a hammer trying to drive a screw
Life's passin' by, but I don't really care
I'm riding on a train that ain't goin' anywhere

My life is an empty boxcar, I walk in hobo's shoes
My attitude won't get me far but I got nothin' to lose
Racking my brain hoping for a resolution
I'm really only reaching one conclusion

This day sucks, I need it to end
I'm like a locomotive that won't go roll around the bend
Lifes' passin' by but I don't really care
I'm getting off this train it aint' goin' anywhere

Thank you for sharing the links.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
DaveKell wrote:Sorry for the delay in responding to the request to hear some of my songwriting. I guess this fell through the very huge crack of my recent spinal fusion surgery!

I could not easily make out all the words to "Anna Lou", but the chorus is to beautiful to not share here. And I love the instrumental breaks.

She's a backporch picker I see every weekend
Here I am gettin' schooled in playin' guitar again
She knows every song written, longer than I've been around
She picks a fine old Gibson with the best guitar sound

Pick your old guitar it sounds the best of any here
Any key you choose it is music to my ear

When she was a young girl she could turn all the boys head
Now she shows her class and beauty with her simple songs instead
I'm so glad I know her and can call her a friend
When she starts in singin' I don't want it to end

Her fingers fly like lightning, gliding on the strings
The applause rings like thunder, every time she sings
We won't have her much longer, her light is fadin' fast
But the happy smile on her face is the memory that will last

Pick your old guitar it sounds the best of any here
Any key you choose it is music to my ear

You're a treasure with the music we all love to hear
In any key you choose you are music to my ear

The words to "Gettin' Off This Train" are too good not to publish here: I hope you don't mind the transcription.

Ain't feelin' it today, now what am I to do
I'm 'bout as useless as a hammer trying to drive a screw
Life's passin' by but I don't seem to care

Rolled out this morning, nothing on my mind
Diggin' in a drawer, no socks left to find
Lookin' in my closet, no pants on the rack
My life's like a train that's run out of track
Wife says its over, she ain't gonna to stay
Man, its really shaping up to be a fine day

Wearing dirty clothes again and socks that stink
The pantry's empty, there's no coffee to drink
Thinking maybe I should go back to bed
This day holds nothin' but a train wreck ahead
Ring, ring, ring, I can't find the phone
Don't give a damn, just leave me alone

Ain't feelin' it today, now what am I to do?
I'm 'bout as useless as a hammer trying to drive a screw
Life's passin' by, but I don't really care
My life is an empty boxcar, I walk in hobo's shoes
My attitude won't get me far but I got nothin' to lose

Racking my brain hoping for a resolution
I'm really only reaching one conclusion
This day sucks, I need it to end
I'm like a locomotive that won't roll around a bend

Lifes' passin' by but I don't really care

Thank you for sharing the links.

Lost Sheep

I've corrected a few minor misheard words in your transcription. I'm pleased my enunciation was apparently good enough for you to do this so quickly! Also, I wrote out the lyrics to AnnaLou. That recording was done on the computer out in my sign shop in my back yard. The Train song was done in a professional studio, which probably helped with hearing the words better. AnnaLou is going to be recorded by a regionally well known bluegrass band in Indiana eventually. I'm going to play the Train song soon for Billy Joe Shaver for his critique. I'm both terrified and excited at the prospect of that!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Got some bad news from my friend who played harmonica for Mickey Newbury. Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Kristofferson and Hank Jr. and who is good friends with Billy Joe Shavers. Billy has lost his touring band and has no scheduled concerts now. He's also in very bad health. Looks like my opportunity to have him hear a few of my songs won't be happening. It was a slightly terrifying prospect for me anyway, even though a good friend in Nashville is doing all he can to have some of my stuff heard by some artists and praises my work profusely. Did ya listen to my songs in the links I provided? Curious as to opinions, but for now, back to ED talk on this forum. Sorry for the momentary sidetracking!

ChosenOne619

Postby ChosenOne619 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:43 am

Woot woot that was great listening I will listen to it again. 10/10
22 year old male with Ed since I could remember. Tried sildenafil 20mg per pill went up to 4 pills didn't work and side effect were getting to me. San Diego, California where I reside

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”