Urologist in SoCal that recommended Dr. EID

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
treetop

Urologist in SoCal that recommended Dr. EID

Postby treetop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Just want to check,
Does anyone in SoCal have a local urologist that recommended Dr. EID?

I ask because.. my uro told me that this procedure is elective, and because he doesn't know dr. EID he can't recommend the procedure of the doctor.

AETNA so far is being cooperative with me, but without a uro to support me I may be 100% out of pocket.
Something I wish to avoid.

Even if I drive to LA, OC, or San Diego, it would be worth it.
Thanks
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

warrenw

Re: Urologist in SoCal that recommended Dr. EID

Postby warrenw » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:05 pm

First I would call Eid's, talk to Janus, and ask her if she knows of a local doctor (doesn't need to be a uro).

Do you have a local GP that you see for physicals? He could certainly refer you to Eid for an implant.

When I consulted with a urologist at UCLA, he knew Dr Eid very well but probably wouldn't refer you because he does implants himself. But you could certainly ask him.

Something else I forgot. The insurance company may require evidence that you have tried and failed with other treatments before the implant, pills, VED, injections. Dr Eid will provide that statement for you. You don't need a local uro for that.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 pm

warrenw wrote:First I would call Eid's, talk to Janus, and ask her if she knows of a local doctor (doesn't need to be a uro).

Do you have a local GP that you see for physicals? He could certainly refer you to Eid for an implant.

When I consulted with a urologist at UCLA, he knew Dr Eid very well but probably wouldn't refer you because he does implants himself. But you could certainly ask him.

Something else I forgot. The insurance company may require evidence that you have tried and failed with other treatments before the implant, pills, VED, injections. Dr Eid will provide that statement for you. You don't need a local uro for that.

Thank you.. I actually did think of that also, to ask Janice about a uro in SoCal.
I may email her tomorrow.
She is already in the process of having the procedure approved by sending evidence that I need it.

The other part is just to try and have my insurance pay Dr. EID as an in network doctor, instead of out of network.
it's about a $6,000 difference.
Thanks.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

antman90

Postby antman90 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:57 am

treetop wrote:Just want to check,
Does anyone in SoCal have a local urologist that recommended Dr. EID?

I ask because.. my uro told me that this procedure is elective, and because he doesn't know dr. EID he can't recommend the procedure of the doctor.

AETNA so far is being cooperative with me, but without a uro to support me I may be 100% out of pocket.
Something I wish to avoid.

Even if I drive to LA, OC, or San Diego, it would be worth it.
Thanks
TT

Treetop, your insurance is willing to pay for a procedure out of state?? I'm thinking of going to EID instead of Kramer now due to all these stories I'm hearing about bad pump placement. But I'm looking into purchasing a private insurance. What insurance do you have ?
27, divorced no kids, ED since as long as I can remember, don't know the cause. Pills work but hate the sides/planning. Leaning towards an implant.

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:32 am

Treetop, your insurance is willing to pay for a procedure out of state?? I'm thinking of going to EID instead of Kramer now due to all these stories I'm hearing about bad pump placement. But I'm looking into purchasing a private insurance. What insurance do you have ?[/quote]

That is not the case... yet.
I have AETNA and they have a provision where if there is not a surgeon (doctor) within 30 miles who is in network, they will use one who is out of network so you don't have to travel out of the 30 miles.

I am trying to use that loop hole. AETNA is asking if there is an In Network surgeon in SoCal that I am willing to use.
So I am not sure how this will turn out.
Everything is In Network except for EID's fees, so facility etc. is in network.
My plan pays 50% for out of network once I pay the $11,000 deductible.
I will know within the next 3 weeks.

But the other battle is getting AETNA to approve the implant in the first place. if they don't cover implants, then they won't cover anything. In that case I pay 100% of everything.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:52 pm

I asked my implant surgon if he knew eid and I was thinking of going to him. He said that he and Keck medecine do more implants than Kramer and eid together. he uses the infrapubic method like dr perito. less invasive. I was his second surgery that day at 10 am. actual working time less prep and recovery is 30 minutes. no external stitches at all. pain in cavren/casano no scrotal pain at all. pump is low and behind boys. would highly recommend infra pubic that is never talked about here. have a friend that works with Goldstein at San Diego sexual medecine. he also says Kramer and eid are using this site for a sales platform. look up DR PERITO UROLOGY to see more on infrapubic procedure. my doc worked with perito perfecting infrapubic.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:51 pm

oldbeek wrote:I asked my implant surgon if he knew eid and I was thinking of going to him. He said that he and Keck medecine do more implants than Kramer and eid together. he uses the infrapubic method like dr perito. less invasive. I was his second surgery that day at 10 am. actual working time less prep and recovery is 30 minutes. no external stitches at all. pain in cavren/casano no scrotal pain at all. pump is low and behind boys. would highly recommend infra pubic that is never talked about here. have a friend that works with Goldstein at San Diego sexual medecine. he also says Kramer and eid are using this site for a sales platform. look up DR PERITO UROLOGY to see more on infrapubic procedure. my doc worked with perito perfecting infrapubic.

This is EXACTLY why I keep very close watch on the posts about doctors. I expect that people will report that their doctor was great or crappy but, not much beyond that. Some were caught here before by comparing posts with IP Addresses. :)

Larry

jelquinginjury

Postby jelquinginjury » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Im not saying that Dr Perito is a bad surgeon, but I have read lawsuits against him for bad results if I remember correctly two ended in amputation and that scares me a lot :(
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:22 pm

jelquinginjury wrote:Im not saying that Dr Perito is a bad surgeon, but I have read lawsuits against him for bad results if I remember correctly two ended in amputation and that scares me a lot :(

Im N0T advocating Dr. Perito at all.

He claims to be the #1 [assuming quantity here] penile implant facility "in the world" for the past 8 years running, averaging over 500 implants per year.

8 × 500 = 4000 in this time period.
2/4000 = .0005% still scarey, I admit !

In 20+ years of IPP experience claims at over 5000 implants total.
He claims this is more than any other countriys total numbers, except for the whole U.S.

He claims to have his minimally invasive proceedure down to 15 minutes but boasts he can do one in 12 minutes.

From his website photos he seems to have an impressive facility, however; I wasn't impressed by including [his?] Black Cadillac Escalade . At least its not a "Beamer" .

Glickman Urology, Cleveland Clinic where I had my implant performed, "estimated" that they are "possibly" the 2nd largest provider in the "US" by quantity. [not statistically, but estimated @ the time] Probably under 500/yr. ?

They have presently only three Urologic surgeons there doing implants there:

Dr. Drogo K. Montague MD
Dr. Kenneth Angermeir MD
Dr. Hadley M. Wood MD

I have no idea how many other doctors, such as Dr. Eid or Dr. Kramer perform annually.

What I do know is that "I" consciously chose N0T to have my proceedure done locally after interviewing a major facility in my city.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Just my personal preference.... I do not want a doctor that does the most....
Most in one day.. each surgery super fast... hauling ass through a surgery.
The biggest thing that comes to my mind is infection from not taking time to clean the area between surgeries.

This is one of the things I like about Dr. EID.. is that he takes his time. If he doesn't like the size, he will remove the implant and put in a new one.
His priority is perfection, and the patients happiness and outcome.

Seeing stats like the most done, and also the best... these comments bring chills...
usually the fastest is not the best in anything.
usually, the best always take more time ... IMHO.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Return to “Implants”