Urologist in SoCal that recommended Dr. EID

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TANGERINE

Re: Urologist in SoCal that recommended Dr. EID

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 pm

i have blue shield of california PPO. They covered my surgery in new york city. (after the deductible). I did not need a local urologist to refer me.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

treetop

Postby treetop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:46 am

TANGERINE wrote:i have blue shield of california PPO. They covered my surgery in new york city. (after the deductible). I did not need a local urologist to refer me.

Thank you for that.
I intend to call them and discuss plans.

And you saw Dr. EID?
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:23 pm

treetop wrote:Just my personal preference.... I do not want a doctor that does the most....
Most in one day.. each surgery super fast... hauling ass through a surgery.
The biggest thing that comes to my mind is infection from not taking time to clean the area between surgeries.

This is one of the things I like about Dr. EID.. is that he takes his time. If he doesn't like the size, he will remove the implant and put in a new one.
His priority is perfection, and the patients happiness and outcome.

Seeing stats like the most done, and also the best... these comments bring chills...
usually the fastest is not the best in anything.
usually, the best always take more time ... IMHO.
TT

Treetop,
I have AETNA and going with Dr. Eid. Schedules for May 11th. Tell me more about this insurance thing. I know that I have $7500 deductible. Do I understand it that if I get a referral from my Primary Physician that refers me to Dr. Eid then I don't pay the deductible?
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

treetop

Postby treetop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Captn20 wrote:
treetop wrote:Just my personal preference.... I do not want a doctor that does the most....
Most in one day.. each surgery super fast... hauling ass through a surgery.
The biggest thing that comes to my mind is infection from not taking time to clean the area between surgeries.

This is one of the things I like about Dr. EID.. is that he takes his time. If he doesn't like the size, he will remove the implant and put in a new one.
His priority is perfection, and the patients happiness and outcome.

Seeing stats like the most done, and also the best... these comments bring chills...
usually the fastest is not the best in anything.
usually, the best always take more time ... IMHO.
TT

Treetop,
I have AETNA and going with Dr. Eid. Schedules for May 11th. Tell me more about this insurance thing. I know that I have $7500 deductible. Do I understand it that if I get a referral from my Primary Physician that refers me to Dr. Eid then I don't pay the deductible?

You must have a better plan then me.
AETNA said they don’t cover implants at all.
It may be something with my company, I’m not sure as I don’t know how this works.
But I’m not covered at all currently.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:05 pm

just fyi regarding "the deductible". No matter what your medical bill is (ie, a gallbladder operation or a 4 day hospitalization for a bad pneumonia), you will of course need to pay out your deductible before the insurance kicks in. That will be the case regardless if your primary care doctor got involved; it is just the contract you have with your insurance----to say it another way, if you have a 7,500 deductible, then the first 7,500 dollars that you get billed in medical bills, REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE, will need to be paid by you using your deductible. (it is just like collision insurance on your car, if you have a 10,000 bill and a 4,000 collision insurance deductible, then insurance will pay just 6,000)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:35 am

I see. My deductible is only for out of network doctors; not in network. So, in the case of Dr. Eid the first $7500 is on me.
Tangerine- I believe you have a posting about how to get ready for your surgery with Dr. Eid and what to take and so forth.
Would you please send me the link? I'm scheduled for May 11th with him and need to start getting ready.
thanks
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

Return to “Implants”