Urologist in SoCal that recommended Dr. EID

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
justanotherdrumber

Re: Urologist in SoCal that recommended Dr. EID

Postby justanotherdrumber » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:15 pm

treetop wrote:Just my personal preference.... I do not want a doctor that does the most....
Most in one day.. each surgery super fast... hauling ass through a surgery.
The biggest thing that comes to my mind is infection from not taking time to clean the area between surgeries.

This is one of the things I like about Dr. EID.. is that he takes his time. If he doesn't like the size, he will remove the implant and put in a new one.
His priority is perfection, and the patients happiness and outcome.

Seeing stats like the most done, and also the best... these comments bring chills...
usually the fastest is not the best in anything.
usually, the best always take more time ... IMHO.
TT

I encountered Dr. Eid website early in my research of the implant topic and he did impress me with his philosophy.

The local doctor I interviewed was quite put out when he found out my impression that implants werent done locally and that I had the perception that I'd have to travel out of the area for the proceedure.

A good analogy of him was that of new car salesmen.

One salesman can tell you the displacement of the engine, it's horsepower, the wheelbase, the number of cubic feet contained in the trunk and how many presets are on the AM/FM- 10 CD changer in the trunk, how many air bags it features, the estimated MPG, the crash test rating and anything else you might want to know about the vehicle.

Another salesman in the cubical next door only says,about the same car; " Sign here, N0 money down; you can drive this beauty away tomorrow ! "

Sure, right after I read this brochure you gave me and watch the DVD it contains ...
... R I G H T ! :shock:

Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:41 am

jelquinginjury wrote:Im not saying that Dr Perito is a bad surgeon, but I have read lawsuits against him for bad results if I remember correctly two ended in amputation and that scares me a lot :(

I am not defending Perito, but one of the cases filed against him which ended in an amputation was a felon in a prison system. Not sure how he injured his dick but the system let him sit around for a while. Then sent him to the local ER. They found they were in over their head then contacted Perito. He did a repair then left specific recovery instructions. The penal system did NOT follow his instructions. They chucked him back in the slammer.Nothing else was done for him till gangrene set in. The inmate filed a law suite against everyone that had anything to do with his treatment which included Perito. Had to answer these charges for Perito. I have several relatives in the penal system and have heard so interesting stories about the fate of dicks in the prison system. His original injury could have been a serious bite wound. Ouch!!
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

I received a call from AETNA today.
They do not cover anything related to ED, and gave a huge list of what is not covered, including implants specifically.

They said that I can appeal, but it would not do any good.

So, sorry for the bad news for us on AETNA.

My options are to try a different ins. company next year, or go 100% out of pocket.

For now I will cool my heals and let this sink in.
Then maybe plan what I want to do.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 pm

treetop wrote:My options are to try a different ins. company next year, or go 100% out of pocket.

TT,

What local doctors are in network for you?
Dr Mills at UCLA was my choice if I had stayed local. Someone here recently posted about their implant surgery with Dr Mills.
You could ask them for details and maybe schedule a consultation with Mills.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:12 pm

warrenw wrote:
treetop wrote:My options are to try a different ins. company next year, or go 100% out of pocket.

TT,

What local doctors are in network for you?
Dr Mills at UCLA was my choice if I had stayed local. Someone here recently posted about their implant surgery with Dr Mills.
You could ask them for details and maybe schedule a consultation with Mills.

I am not sure what that does? I don't currently have insurance that covers the procedure.
It is no longer about who does it, no one is covered for it.

My only choice is to shop insurance.
Treetop -- (TT)

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

treetop wrote:I am not sure what that does? I don't currently have insurance that covers the procedure.
It is no longer about who does it, no one is covered for it.
You're right, I misunderstood. Well, that sucks.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:04 pm

No worries.
There is always a solution.
I will find it.
Treetop -- (TT)

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Northrup and Lockheed are hiring for a bomber program starting up in Palmdale. They have good health coverage. What are your skills.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 pm

oldbeek wrote:Northrup and Lockheed are hiring for a bomber program starting up in Palmdale. They have good health coverage. What are your skills.

I am a System Administrator. IT Support File Servers, and build and maintain workstations all day for about 150 people in 7 locations in SoCal.

Fidelity has good health care (AETNA) but AETNA just doesn't cover anything regarding mens ED.
This may be the case for most ins companies.

I am going to take a stab at Blue Shield / Blue Cross.
TT

Thanks for the info though.. Palmdale... wow. I used to live in the Antelope Valley, graduated from AVHS. haha.
Treetop -- (TT)

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:39 pm

I have Aetna but as a supplement to medicare. Aetna has to pay on anything medicare approves. good luck

Return to “Implants”