First appt. with implant Dr.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alandale

First appt. with implant Dr.

Postby alandale » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

On Dec 7th I have an appt. with Dr. William Shirrell in Indy. Has anyone heard or know anything about him?
My plans are to have an implant and a hernia repair done at the same time. I had a hernia repair and robotic prostate surgery on Oct. 2009. This being my first appt. with the doctor what are some important questions to ask?

aa2120

Re: First appt. with implant Dr.

Postby aa2120 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Alandale,

I would ask him how many implants does he do?
How many had to be redone for infection, wrong sizing etc.?
What is his preferred method IntraPubic or the scrotum? (they both have there advantages and disadvantages)
What product does he prefer to use?
72 years young. RALP on 10/2009. Some ED before surgery. Complete ED after. Pills and injections don't work. Pump works, but hate it. Diagnosed with venous leak. Don't like giving up things of my youth so going for implant.

tukusmax

Postby tukusmax » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:49 pm

I researched my doctor and at our first meeting I knew he was going to be my doctor, so my first important question for him was "how soon can you do it?"

Try to find out as much as you can about your doctor before you meet with him.

Lots of luck,

Ron

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:24 am

Even the best doctor doesn't guarantee a good result; just keep that in mind. Hope for the best but plan for something less than that............... That way you won't be too disappointed like I was.............

Return to “Implants”