Why are implants so rare if they're a proven bet at solving SEVERE ED

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

Re: Why are implants so rare if they're a proven bet at solving SEVERE ED

Postby dg_moore » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 pm

If you're concerned about the likelihood of multiple revisions in the future, and if sex is that important to you, just set up a savings account and commit to making regular deposits, just like saving up for a car. Then when you need a revision you'll have it covered, and if you also have good insurance then so much the better.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:32 am

Baseballfan11 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:
Greg1956 wrote:Unfortunately, we live in an age where insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies “own” the medical field. Insurance, as much as we hope they are looking out for our best interests, they really try to do the minimum and not pay out more than they need to. They pretty much force you to prove everything else has not worked. In fact, from what I have read, their are more insurance policies with exclusions for implants.

I fully believe many doctors are getting kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies and it is in their best interests financially to prescribe medications rather than suggest implants. As others stated, there is a huge lack of awareness of the existence of implants. Thank God for FrankTalk and other vehicles for giving us a place to talk about them and our experiences.

Agree 1000% (no typo) but will add some heath care folks don't see ED as an illness that they should be treating. And insurance pays so little they really don't want to treat it effectively or take the time needed. My local doctors attitude was infection and size lose will happen. Kind of a so what.

I have said this before and will say it again, the decision to get an implant is huge. Each of us has to weigh and balance the pros and cons. For me there came a day when no matter how the results of an implant came out, I felt it would have to be better than have a limp dick the rest of my life. When my natural erections were gone and I had tried everything else, I was ready. I never dwelled on whether or not it would feel natural, but rather how it would allow me to once again have sex with my wife.

Again I agree 1000%. I had 0 chance before. Even the best Doctor's in the world are not perfect and there is always a chance of problems. I am not married but I so much wanted again to have a women climax with my hard penis inside her. I am not to that point yet. But even if my implant surgery fails I would have tried. It is my one and only chance.

My results impress me. I have my size back. I have more sensations than I can recall since my horny teenage years. My orgasms are back and intense. Yes, an implanted cock is not as great as a natural one, but when nature lets you down, it is a Godsend.

Greg

With coverage being so bad would you say it's impossible for a young guy to get an implant due to the potential cost of multiple revisions? Also you said infection and shortening would be a guarantee :( please elaborate

I saw a paper written in one of the journals saying that infection is less that 1%. If you cycle as soon as you're able to, most of the time you can regain size. Size will be lost if you wait with ED to long and do nothing. I have not lost and size since I started this in December, I have lost a lot of size from incompetent urologist and plastic surgeon. The only way for me to regain size now is to have more plastic surgeon. :(

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:08 am

From what I have read, they decreased in quantity over the last few years. That makes no sense to me unless they were financial changes like insurance. Mine was 100% covered by insurance and Medicare. To me, pain and recovery time were my issues. It is not fun and takes time to recover but it can become a major improvement married life. I have to be nicer to my wife now ;)
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 am

Baseballfan11,
I understand your concern about lost size, but from what I have read here at FT and if you look at the “signatures” of guys here, it looks pretty common that men are getting larger implants when the revision takes place. There is a risk your dick will get smaller from long term ED, or as you age. I lost 2” from age 50-60 and am very close to having it all back because of the implant. So the risk of losing a fraction from an implant revision is not worse.

Greg
Last edited by Greg1956 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 am

Greg1956 wrote:I lost 2” from age 50-60 and am very close to having it all back because of the implant. So the risk of losing a fraction from an implant revision is not worse.

I got my original (meaning pre-prostatectomy) size back, but it took time and regular inflating and keeping it inflated for a while. I don't think with a good doctor (and patience) that guys will lose size, but that's just my opinion.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Amen, would have had it done a long time ago if I had known that it existed. Hope to have mine done in June.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm

radioradio wrote:Actually it doesn’t baffle me. There are no doubt laws preventing medical device manufacturers from advertising.

I haven't read all the posts so I apologize if this has been said?

I think if the general public (especially woman feminists) heard about Medicare covering implants and their costs, it wouldn't be long before they weren't covered.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

rancherejim

Postby rancherejim » Tue May 22, 2018 11:13 am

ED is an illness just like heart, lung or cancer. That is the reason insurance covers some or all of the cost. Breast implants are not an illness therefore not covered by insurance. Although breast reduction is covered because it causes other problems if not done.
77 years old, married 58 years. Had ED for the last 10 years or so.
May 2nd, 2018 Coloplast Titan implanted, 24cm with 1cm RTE's. All went well so far.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:08 pm

I remember when I asked my urologist for Tri Mix after my LRP. He said "oh yes that is great therapy" So, I asked why he hadn't told me about it after my procedure. His said the "most men don;t want to give themselves a shot there". Over 1000 shots later I got my implant. I'm betting that a lot of Doc's feel the same way about implants. That most men wouldn't want to go through the pain and inconvenience of surgery.

Best thing I ever did :)
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Return to “Implants”