How long after implant to be comfortable on a motorcyle?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

How long after implant to be comfortable on a motorcyle?

Postby Quincy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:04 pm

I've decided to get my implant in California, about an 11 hour drive from my home in Boise. Surgery is scheduled for June 5. I'll either need to fly back and forth for checkups at 1, 2, and 3 weeks, or just stay in the Bay area.

Separately, I'm looking at buying a motorcycle again. It's been about 20 years since my last one. Now I have time to ride and do road trips and I'd like to get back into it.

The thought crossed my mind that I could drive my bike down and just stay there. When feeling good enough, I could tour a little. After the 3 week checkup I could just then ride home, taking as long as I want. But straddling a motorcycle might be too much to handle early on. Anyone have experience with or thoughts about this? How long after an implant would it be comfortable to ride 20 miles or so? How about 400 miles?
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

charlygoico

Re: How long after implant to be comfortable on a motorcyle?

Postby charlygoico » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Friend, I, 50 days after the implant, I went back to travel by motorcycle, I made about 250 miles and no problem.

regards
I'm 43 years old. Probable implant date February 7, 2018 by Dr. Bechara, Argentina. Great surgeon Diagnosis Fuga Venosa more than 20 years ago. I am from Buenos Aires. Argentina.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:22 pm

I was back riding my Harley at 3 months. Don’t think I would have bothered before that but of course Everyman heals differently.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to wait to ride.

Appreciate the info.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Return to “Implants”