James journal with Dr. Eid

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jamesmj

Re: James journal with Dr. Eid

Postby Jamesmj » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 am

Hey Captn

All I can say is that to me Dr. Eid is an amazing surgeon. I cannot say whether he is the best in the world or not, but in my experience he was professional, confident and I got a great outcome. I am still amazed that he managed to put the whole implant inside including reservoir and pump through a 2 cm incision leaving no hematoma, bruising or swelling… and trust me, I know a bit about surgery. This speaks for itself in terms of precision and skill.

Yes, the price is high but you are betting your money on a doctor that has the lowest infection rate and, according to this site, no revisions or corrections needed.

His staff has been working with him for more than 10 years and to me this means a lot in terms of good business management and kindness.
And, more subjectively, something that I loved from this man is that he is humble, he answers your questions, your emails, and he understands the true burden of ED better than any other urologist I have visited.

With the money I spent there I could have bought an SUV…. Trust me, I prefer my dick healthy and hard!
James. 38 yo. Lifetime ED. Tried pills, injections, and therapy.
Implanted 03/29/18 Titan 22cm with Dr. Eid

nudist

Postby nudist » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 am

Jamesmj wrote:Hey Captn

All I can say is that to me Dr. Eid is an amazing surgeon. I cannot say whether he is the best in the world or not, but in my experience he was professional, confident and I got a great outcome. I am still amazed that he managed to put the whole implant inside including reservoir and pump through a 2 cm incision leaving no hematoma, bruising or swelling… and trust me, I know a bit about surgery. This speaks for itself in terms of precision and skill.

Yes, the price is high but you are betting your money on a doctor that has the lowest infection rate and, according to this site, no revisions or corrections needed.

His staff has been working with him for more than 10 years and to me this means a lot in terms of good business management and kindness.
And, more subjectively, something that I loved from this man is that he is humble, he answers your questions, your emails, and he understands the true burden of ED better than any other urologist I have visited.

With the money I spent there I could have bought an SUV…. Trust me, I prefer my dick healthy and hard!

to me, that didn't sound like an advertisement, but rather a description of a personal evaluation of a doctor.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

antman90

Postby antman90 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 am

Jamesmj wrote:Hey Captn

James how much does it cost for the procedure 100% out of pocket ?
27, divorced no kids, ED since as long as I can remember, don't know the cause. Pills work but hate the sides/planning. Leaning towards an implant.

RecentImplant

Postby RecentImplant » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:56 am

With the money I spent there I could have bought an SUV…. Trust me, I prefer my dick healthy and hard![/quote]

Great to read this. Very glad for you. I'm 4.5-months post implant with Dr. Eid. Your recovery is pretty amazing. Mine was good too, but not quite as easy as yours in the beginning. It's taken me a while to get comfortable with everything but in the past couple weeks I've finally been putting it to regular use, and it's just amazing. What a world of difference and confidence.
46 year old, fit & healthy, single, 22 cm Titan coloplast implanted Nov. 2017, ED for 15 years, diagnosed with organic venous leakage. Pump repositioned Feb. '18.

My implant experience: http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... f=6&t=9229

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 am

Correct me if I am wrong gents, but the medical costs for Dr. EID would be about $26,000.00 to $27,000.00.
Plus... medications, travel, and food.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Jamesmj wrote:I am still amazed that he managed to put the whole implant inside including reservoir and pump through a 2 cm incision leaving no hematoma, bruising or swelling… and trust me, I know a bit about surgery. This speaks for itself in terms of precision and skill.

Yeah, I was pretty amazed too by that 2cm incision. I didn't realize just how small it was until I had the stitches removed on day +14 and discovered there were just 4 tiny stitches, and now there is no visible scar on the scrotum.

And as you said, no hematoma, bruising or swelling, so I was able to self-activate on day +4.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 pm

treetop wrote:Correct me if I am wrong gents, but the medical costs for Dr. EID would be about $26,000.00 to $27,000.00.
TT

That should be about right. Another surgeon who I was considering before deciding on Eid, added all the cost and told me $28000. He was "in network" and my insurance would've covered all of it. In doctor Eid's office, who's out of network, I didn't ask for the total. Just wanted to know what my out of pocket (deductible) is.
I asked the first doctor a question that caught him by surprise. Asked him if you had to get an implant who'd you go to. He named couple of doctors including Dr. Eid. That, plus feedback here at FT, made me choose this doctor. Pray that it's the right decision. After all, we're talking about our health, life and (at least in my case) sanity and not promoting this doctor or the other!
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Captn20 wrote:
treetop wrote:Correct me if I am wrong gents, but the medical costs for Dr. EID would be about $26,000.00 to $27,000.00.
TT

That should be about right. Another surgeon who I was considering before deciding on Eid, added all the cost and told me $28000. He was "in network" and my insurance would've covered all of it. In doctor Eid's office, who's out of network, I didn't ask for the total. Just wanted to know what my out of pocket (deductible) is.
I asked the first doctor a question that caught him by surprise. Asked him if you had to get an implant who'd you go to. He named couple of doctors including Dr. Eid. That, plus feedback here at FT, made me choose this doctor. Pray that it's the right decision. After all, we're talking about our health, life and (at least in my case) sanity and not promoting this doctor or the other!

In my case with AETNA, everything is in network except for Dr. EID himself. I think he is $15,000.
But even out of network, AETNA covers 50% after I pay the deductable of $11,000.
Treetop -- (TT)

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Correct! I have AETNA also. Deductible and everything for me is about $10,000. I think she told me that my hospital and everything is covered. Eid's office is still checking into it.
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Captn20 wrote:Correct! I have AETNA also. Deductible and everything for me is about $10,000. I think she told me that my hospital and everything is covered. Eid's office is still checking into it.

Sweet
Best of luck.
We are on the same track.
Treetop -- (TT)

Return to “Implants”