James journal with Dr. Eid

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
antman90

Re: James journal with Dr. Eid

Postby antman90 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Captn20 wrote:Correct! I have AETNA also. Deductible and everything for me is about $10,000. I think she told me that my hospital and everything is covered. Eid's office is still checking into it.

Do you live in New York ? I'm assuming that's the only reason why your instance would cover part of it since you are local ?
27, divorced no kids, ED since as long as I can remember, don't know the cause. Pills work but hate the sides/planning. Leaning towards an implant.

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:10 am

No. Maryland, on the border of DC. Baltimore and other doctors I was considering are closer to me AND covered 100% by AETNA.
I think it depends on the plan.
Commute to NY to see Eid is not inexpensive either. First consultation wasn't covered by AETNA either. I'll see him on Thursday for injection and measuring. That's $1300 that insurance doesn't cover plus the roundtrip Amtrak, ouch :shock:
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

Jamesmj

Postby Jamesmj » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:22 am

Hey guys,

I have been “invited” to edit my last post. Apparently I could be a person advertising, which of course I am not. Lately I have seen many posts censored specifically when talking about certain doctors and not about others. This unfortunately is in detriment on all of us and mostly to the people who are trying to make their mind up about which surgeon to pick. I wish I could talk about 10 different doctors, but I can’t because my experience is just one. That is what I was sharing. One year ago I didn’t even know any of the names of the surgeons in the western world except from the ones in my city.

It seems to me that we are being guided to get “good” info about some doctors while the info on others is being controlled. I really don’t like this. Thankfully it was not the case when I started reading this blog. Because of this impartiality, I will not be posting or updating my journal anymore because I don’t want to be edited or told what I can say and what I can’t as long as I am respectful and courteous.

My idea here was to be as accurate and objective as possible when telling my story so that other young guys could relate and gather knowledge to make an informed decision. This process was crucial for me and I will always be thankful to the people who took the time to log their experience years back. It was thanks to the detailed stories portrayed in here that I got the courage to go ahead with my implant. It helped tons to know exactly what to expect when the day of the surgery and post surgery arrived. As I mentioned before, I flew across the ocean crossing my fingers hoping that all that was written here was true. Fortunately, it was and I am doing well.

It worries me a lot that this site is practically the only place to get information related to ED and implants -from real people-. I am sure there might be advertisers and doctors in here, but I believe the vast majority of people are real patients. And my worry is that I keep on reading stories of botched implants, pumps misplaced, revisions, infections, floppy heads and others and yet more and more the information we share is getting controlled specifically about the surgeons with good outcomes. Or not! that is the point, to make your mind up based on others people’s stories.

So it is my time to say good bye to all of you and to thank you infinitely for what you gave me in terms of information and support. Good luck with fighting your ED and my advice specially to the young guys with VL or similar conditions is: keep on looking, keep on insisting until you get the results that work for you and make you happy.

James
James. 38 yo. Lifetime ED. Tried pills, injections, and therapy.
Implanted 03/29/18 Titan 22cm with Dr. Eid

antman90

Postby antman90 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 am

Jamesmj wrote:Hey guys,

I have been “invited” to edit my last post. Apparently I could be a person advertising, which of course I am not. Lately I have seen many posts censored specifically when talking about certain doctors and not about others. This unfortunately is in detriment on all of us and mostly to the people who are trying to make their mind up about which surgeon to pick. I wish I could talk about 10 different doctors, but I can’t because my experience is just one. That is what I was sharing. One year ago I didn’t even know any of the names of the surgeons in the western world except from the ones in my city.

It seems to me that we are being guided to get “good” info about some doctors while the info on others is being controlled. I really don’t like this. Thankfully it was not the case when I started reading this blog. Because of this impartiality, I will not be posting or updating my journal anymore because I don’t want to be edited or told what I can say and what I can’t as long as I am respectful and courteous.

My idea here was to be as accurate and objective as possible when telling my story so that other young guys could relate and gather knowledge to make an informed decision. This process was crucial for me and I will always be thankful to the people who took the time to log their experience years back. It was thanks to the detailed stories portrayed in here that I got the courage to go ahead with my implant. It helped tons to know exactly what to expect when the day of the surgery and post surgery arrived. As I mentioned before, I flew across the ocean crossing my fingers hoping that all that was written here was true. Fortunately, it was and I am doing well.

It worries me a lot that this site is practically the only place to get information related to ED and implants -from real people-. I am sure there might be advertisers and doctors in here, but I believe the vast majority of people are real patients. And my worry is that I keep on reading stories of botched implants, pumps misplaced, revisions, infections, floppy heads and others and yet more and more the information we share is getting controlled specifically about the surgeons with good outcomes. Or not! that is the point, to make your mind up based on others people’s stories.

So it is my time to say good bye to all of you and to thank you infinitely for what you gave me in terms of information and support. Good luck with fighting your ED and my advice specially to the young guys with VL or similar conditions is: keep on looking, keep on insisting until you get the results that work for you and make you happy.

James

James... i think your making a big mistake. We need journals like yours... it helps us with a lot of our questions and doubts. I'm saddened that this is a decision you feel you have to make. I never thought things could be so political on this forum. When the supposed intention is to help ourselves as brothers.
27, divorced no kids, ED since as long as I can remember, don't know the cause. Pills work but hate the sides/planning. Leaning towards an implant.

nudist

Postby nudist » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:39 pm

antman90 wrote:
James... i think your making a big mistake. We need journals like yours... it helps us with a lot of our questions and doubts. I'm saddened that this is a decision you feel you have to make. I never thought things could be so political on this forum. When the supposed intention is to help ourselves as brothers.

there is nothing political about this site. and there is plenty of help available with very few restrictions.

james-
the only thing happening is the moderator is trying prevent doctor advertising or the appearance of it.
if he doesn't we have already found it gets carried away.
recommending YOUR doctor is fine and encouraged.
praising a doctor, his bio, credentials, etc goes a bit more toward advertising.
if that minor restriction is something that troubles you so much that you can't get or give any value or help, then don't bother.
I don't see any problem at all except some sort of made up "censorship".

your problem boils down to "if i can't advertise for my doctor, this site is worthless".

that's ridiculous.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Jamesmj wrote:I have been “invited” to edit my last post. Apparently I could be a person advertising, which of course I am not. Lately I have seen many posts censored specifically when talking about certain doctors and not about others.

James, I totally agree with your observation and have been subjected to this treatment myself. The "moderator" here wants to run this forum as his own personal blog and other points of view and experiences are actively discouraged.

Before you go, and I hope you won't go, please voice your experience and concerns to the FrankTalk owner and administrator, Paul Nelson. You can contact Paul by PM through the "Frank Talk Admin" link at the top of this page, or by email at info@franktalk.org.

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 10.45.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 10.45.13 AM.png (21.69 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

nudist

Postby nudist » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:03 pm

"The "moderator" here wants to run this forum as his own personal blog and other points of view and experiences are actively discouraged."

would you mind giving an example of what point of view was discouraged? I've been on here a while and I've not seen it. perhaps an example would bring my attention to it.

thanks
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Jamesmj wrote:Hey guys,

James

Oh for god sake, why don't you say what you were really told. All someone with a lot of info has to do is to PM you. All this BS about censorship is starting to sound childish. There have been PROVEN instances of fake accounts providing false testimonials.. How in the hell is anyone suppose to be able to tell the difference. I have been saying for a year now that you are welcome to say that you have a great doctor YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED to post a free commercial in a PUBLIC forum. If you wanna call that censorship well then, so be it. Does anyone think that all this childish bickering is welcoming to new members? I sure as hell don't. There is almost 7000 members, ever notice that the directors of the commercials and their supporters total less than 20 people? I've noticed that as well. I get hateful private messages, get called names and accused of all kinds of BS and yet, every week I get at least 2 messages thanking me for the job I do, congratulating me for the way I handle some of these shit disturbers, agreeing with my position on issues and so on. It's just too bad that these messages are not as public as the hateful ones. The moderator of ANY board, for the most part, has a thankless job. People generally don't think about it until they are contacted. When I do contact people I am polite and respectful, is that like the response I get??? Don't think so. Like a duck, I let the water run off my back. Have a great day. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:13 pm

nudist wrote:
antman90 wrote:

there is nothing political about this site. and there is plenty of help available with very few restrictions.

james-
the only thing happening is the moderator is trying prevent doctor advertising or the appearance of it.
if he doesn't we have already found it gets carried away.
recommending YOUR doctor is fine and encouraged.
praising a doctor, his bio, credentials, etc goes a bit more toward advertising.
if that minor restriction is something that troubles you so much that you can't get or give any value or help, then don't bother.
I don't see any problem at all except some sort of made up "censorship".

your problem boils down to "if i can't advertise for my doctor, this site is worthless".

that's ridiculous.

Thank you nudist, I appreciate your understanding and support. Since I get accused of censorship from time to time, I thought I would post it's definition - Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or "inconvenient" as determined by government authorities My time is my donation to this fantastic website. As a paramedic I made $38 per hour.. I spend in excess of 4 hours every day, 7 days a week. That is $1064 per week x 52 = $55,328. Your welcome, my pleasure. :)

Larry

nudist

Postby nudist » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 pm

NP larry.

some people don't realize that "freedom of speech" only applies to censorship by government agencies and organizations. this is a privately run discussion board and you or the owner can set any rules and censor any damn thing you want.

the same people should appreciate what a great resource that is provided here. most of us use it and benefit greatly from it while abiding by whatever rules you impose.

even those who have issues with you have provided great information and experiences, which I have appreciated. but I personally also appreciate the discouragement of dr. advertising (or APPEARANCE of the same).

Return to “Implants”