Apparent burn on top of penis gland post surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gymguytupelo

Apparent burn on top of penis gland post surgery

Postby gymguytupelo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm

I had my third implant surgery two weeks ago. The second was in Sept 2017. The day after both these surgeries there was/is a place on the top of my penis head that appears to be a burn. The skin is very red and sensitive. The skin peeled off from the area and it is uncomfortable. I went in Sept back the the urologist. He was not sure what it was or what would have caused it. He gave me some cream to use but didn't seem to help. I went to my local general family doctor. He wasn't sure either but thought it might be herpes. He gave me some different cream and oral medicine. It didn't appear to help either. Finally about 4-5 weeks post surgery it finally healed and looked normal.
So two weeks ago I had to have surgery again because of a pump failure. The next day the skin on the top of my penis head begin to peel. It is the same symptoms this time, again :( Its in a different location but lets be honest its not far away from the first sight...not john holmes here... So now I been treating with same meds again but no luck. It is a pain in the dick for real !!! Has anyone else expereinced this type problem after surgery? Any remedy suggestions ??
Thanks in advance.!!
[b]first implant 11/11/13 Titan OTR. 18cm 1.5cm rte.
Dr Christine Birmingham, AL. St Vincent's Hospital.
Total device failure 9/6/17. Total replacement 9/21/17. 21cm 1.5 rte
Total failure AGAIN 3/4/18 :-( Surgery set for 3/22/18

Greg1956

Re: Apparent burn on top of penis gland post surgery

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:27 pm

I had implant surgery six months ago. I may know what the issue is. In order to pull the cylinders up into the glans, the surgeon uses two small holes in the tip of the glans. Once everything is in place mine used a form of liquid bandage on the glans to seal the holes and prevent bleeding. I do not recall exactly how long that remained but it took awhile to peel away and left a sore looking spot underneath that cleared up quickly.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Greg1956 wrote:I had implant surgery six months ago. I may know what the issue is. In order to pull the cylinders up into the glans, the surgeon uses two small holes in the tip of the glans. Once everything is in place mine used a form of liquid bandage on the glans to seal the holes and prevent bleeding. I do not recall exactly how long that remained but it took awhile to peel away and left a sore looking spot underneath that cleared up quickly.

Greg

Yup Greg, that is exactly what he is talking about. :)

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Could it be a reaction to the liquid skin/ bandage?

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 pm

The holes on my glans was hardly noticable. But it could be a reaction since it happened twice.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 pm

I have a reeaction to one of the adhesives in certain tape

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27 pm

tupelo, Did you happen to have raw skin inside your mouth also?? I had a reaction to an antibiotic called Levofloxin. The reaction, happened twice , was to cause the skin on my glans to peel off and bleed. At the same time the skin in my mouth peeled off and also bled. Worked on the problem for 2 years. Finally asked my dermatologist this year. My dermatologist says , as the glans were originally covered, same as inside your mouth, they are different from all your other skin. . Tacrolimus .1% applied every time I pee cleared up my glans in 3 months. May be related. Had to throw it out there.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

gymguytupelo

Postby gymguytupelo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks for the replies. This appears to be a chemical burn. Its on the top of the head not the tip area. I am not circed so the head may just be real sensitive to things. I thought back in Sept it was a burn from the device they used to seal cutting area but after this time I know its got to be something else. Its very sensitive and I've tried looking for anything that might help. I wonder if Aloevera might help? Not sure if you can use it on the head? It is so aggravating........ :roll:
I was trying to think back how long it lasted last time but I think like 8 or more weeks :(
Can't remember anything special I did last time. Its hell when you can't remember something from less than 5 months ago... :x
[b]first implant 11/11/13 Titan OTR. 18cm 1.5cm rte.
Dr Christine Birmingham, AL. St Vincent's Hospital.
Total device failure 9/6/17. Total replacement 9/21/17. 21cm 1.5 rte
Total failure AGAIN 3/4/18 :-( Surgery set for 3/22/18

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't think Aloe Vera can hurt anything unless your allergic to it.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:36 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:I don't think Aloe Vera can hurt anything unless your allergic to it.
Donnie

Hi Donnie.. I don't think it would hurt but, I don't think it would help. I would use Polysporin. Doctors like to recommend it for infection. If he used it, it will keep the glans hydrated and guard against infection... it will also work as a lube if he wants to be it like it owes him money.. (not sure if he is cleared to do that yet) :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”