Post-Op Underwear

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
VinceMH

Post-Op Underwear

Postby VinceMH » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm

I have read hundreds of posts about underwear and how to keep your penis both comfortable and pointed up. Most posts just mention the brand name like BIKE jocks, John Sievers, Andrew Christian, Underwear for Men, Agacio, etc. When I search for these, there are hundreds of styles. Can anyone help with a particular style name or a link? I read there are underwear with a penis pocket, but where? I'm driving myself crazy looking for the right thing before surgery date. I know these are highly personal items, but I don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
59 yrs, single, healthy, active. Progressive ED for 30 years, venous leakage, prostate cancer, RALP June 2017. Trimix works, but doesn't fit the travel lifestyle. Implanted 4/24/2018, Titan 20 + 2 by Dr Wang at MD Anderson.

oldbeek

Re: Post-Op Underwear

Postby oldbeek » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm

David Archy, bought on Amazon, bikini style, has a penis pouch. Will be great after healed. Pouch is great for large incontenence pad. Does have a 1 inch waistband. I am 160# with no pot gut and small are just right.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

VinceMH

Postby VinceMH » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 pm

oldbeek wrote:David Archy, bought on Amazon, bikini style, has a penis pouch. Will be great after healed. Pouch is great for large incontenence pad. Does have a 1 inch waistband. I am 160# with no pot gut and small are just right.

Thanks for the reply. Those are on my list.

But right now I'm looking for suggestions on what to wear in the first few weeks after surgery to keep the penis pointed up and comfortable, particularly when I return to work (on day 8). How do you keep it in the pointed up position? Seems there must be a garment that has a penis pocket and a way to attach it in the up position. Or do I use gauze and tape?
59 yrs, single, healthy, active. Progressive ED for 30 years, venous leakage, prostate cancer, RALP June 2017. Trimix works, but doesn't fit the travel lifestyle. Implanted 4/24/2018, Titan 20 + 2 by Dr Wang at MD Anderson.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:07 pm

I found these and wear them all the time now. I like to keep my implant inflated about 40% during the day - just more comfortable for me. Unfortunately I found these long after my surgery but I wish I had them at the time. Only thing is, they give you vertical support but with an erection you need something over them to prevent your cock and especially your glans from rubbing on your trousers. I wear these underneath, and Champion boxers from Costco on top. Nothing works great but these are the best I've found so far. Best of luck.
https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... oxer-brief
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:12 pm

It is real simple get what your Dr wants you to wear immediatly after surgery. Ask him .

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:58 pm

I agree with HTurners post. When I left the hospital after surgery the doctor had already made arrangements for the underwear for me to wear. Hospital issue and actually are like supporters.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:19 am

Zxylpk wrote:I found these and wear them all the time now. I like to keep my implant inflated about 40% during the day - just more comfortable for me. Unfortunately I found these long after my surgery but I wish I had them at the time. Only thing is, they give you vertical support but with an erection you need something over them to prevent your cock and especially your glans from rubbing on your trousers. I wear these underneath, and Champion boxers from Costco on top. Nothing works great but these are the best I've found so far. Best of luck.
https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... oxer-brief

OMG... $18 for one pair of underwear???? WOW

Larry

VinceMH

Postby VinceMH » Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 pm

I thought I would follow up for the benefit of others with a new implant. I'm four weeks post-op. I bought jock straps, compression shorts, compression briefs, but the first place combination is a pair of David Archy trunks and over that, adidas Men's Sport Performance Climalite Boxer Brief Underwear. Both are one size smaller than I would normally wear. I'm 6' 1", 170# and normally wear large, but they did not have enough compression, so I bought some medium and they are perfect for the task. The David Archy is nice for it's pouch to support your sack and keep it from rubbing. The adidas on top adds additional compression to help keep the penis tighter to the body and from moving around. And definitely get you some infant/baby socks. Mine fit like a soft condom and REALLY protect it from rubbing.

The second place combination was a jock strap with a hole cut just below the waist band. Put a sock on the penis, insert through the hole and add a pair of compression shorts or those adidas over that. Both combinations are good, but the first choice is just a bit better because the two layers of compression hold it closer to the body. I wear pleated Khakis and tucked in shirt to work. It's comfortable and the bulge is barely visible, but I have to unbuckle the pants to make an adjustment. After work it's cargo shorts and a tail-out shirt, which is the most comfortable and very easy to make quick adjustments.

The biggest pain point for me are the dogears near the base. It's just a constant throb. That's something I think everyone with a Titan experienced. I even come home for lunch and take off my pants and undies for a bit to relax. Very little social activities because I'd much rather be home and nekkid. Can't wait for all this to normalize so I can get back to my normal routine.

Hope this helps!!

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed May 23, 2018 12:22 am

David Archy are made from bamboo. Feel like silk. ? 3 pair $18.00. Now that I am implanted with sore glans this is all I wear.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”