"Natural" erection after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mr.skin

"Natural" erection after implant

Postby mr.skin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Hello to all,

I am well aware of that under normal circumstances one is not able to achive an natural erection after an implant, though as I still do get some decent tumescence pre-surgery (especially the veins popping out) - do you get this as well post implant ?

I asked dr. Eid and he told me during surgery nothing is taken out from the penile shaft, I was under the impression they do take out the corporal tissue and replace it with the prosthesis ?

I just read a post about someone achiving "natural" erections with decent rigidity after an implant ?

Best,
Last edited by mr.skin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

RayChez

Re: "Natural" erection after implant

Postby RayChez » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:49 pm

I can get a partial erection when in a natural form. And I always wondered about that because there must be some blood pressure inside the penis. Fact it seems like it gets longer then when you pump it up to full erection. So I do not know, but now that you mentioned it in your post, maybe some can still do it.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:11 pm

mr.skin wrote:Hello to all,

I am well aware of that under normal circumstances one is not able to achive an natural erection after an implant, though as I still do get some decent tumescence pre-surgery (especially the veins popping out) - do you get this as well post implant ?

I asked dr. Eid and he told me during surgery nothing is taken out from the penile shaft, I was under the impression they do take out the corporal tissue and replace it with the prosthesis ?

I just read a post about someone achiving "natural" erections with decent rigidity after an implant ?

Best,
The tissue is often compromised during the implant surgery. One resident (on rotation in Urology) told me that at his facility they routinely remove the cavernosum tissue. This information prompted me to move that facility down on my list of options.

The artery that supplies blood pressure to the cavernosum tissue runs up the middle of the corpus cavernosum, so I cannot imagine it is completely unaffected by an implant that necessarily runs parallel to that artery.

Nevertheless, there are studies (one of which I posted a link to on this forum last year) which document residual tumescent ability and even improved erectile capacity is as many as 50% of implanted men including one patient where rigidity was sometimes sufficient for penetrative sex).

However, as your first paragraph points out, retention of erectile capacity is usually compromised or absent after implant.

Let us know if you find any more information about this area of research.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:20 pm

My understanding is also that nothing is removed in order for the cylinders to be put in. The tissue there is spongy, so they just kind of "squish" it to push the cylinders in. (I'm not a doctor; I'm just sharing what I've heard.)

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:30 am

David_R wrote:My understanding is also that nothing is removed in order for the cylinders to be put in. The tissue there is spongy, so they just kind of "squish" it to push the cylinders in. (I'm not a doctor; I'm just sharing what I've heard.)

I am not challenging you, but it would be helpful to know your source.

My most persuasive source is this paper:
https://www.nature.com/articles/3900979
Spontaneous tumescence after implantation of three-piece hydraulic penile prostheses: a short-term experience
M Manning, F J Martínez, P Alken & K-P Jünemann

In it the authors allude to the contrasts between tissue preserving technique and the full dilation alternative
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:36 am

Man up watch the procedure videos instead of relying on some study somewhere. In all the videos you will see exactly what they do. Granted it spoungey material, but there are not holes for the cyclinders to go. They have to make the holes.eith by removing some tissue or rearrangeing it.
If you can still get natural erecti9n then you dont need an implant. Yes you still have blood flow and if any tissue was left it may work some.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:55 am

David_R wrote:My understanding is also that nothing is removed in order for the cylinders to be put in. The tissue there is spongy, so they just kind of "squish" it to push the cylinders in. (I'm not a doctor; I'm just sharing what I've heard.)

My surgeon told me that although, SOME people are able to get a partial erection, I should consider it impossible to EVER get an erection good enough for sex again. :)

Larry

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:40 am

I was implanted with a 18cm ams lgx and 4cm rte on 2-26-14 because of a fracture. I still get and maintain natural erections. It's like having the best of both worlds.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 am

Bionicrocketman wrote:I was implanted with a 18cm ams lgx and 4cm rte on 2-26-14 because of a fracture. I still get and maintain natural erections. It's like having the best of both worlds.

That's great. I guess medically speaking, that makes sense to me because your problem was not a vessel problem. It makes sense that you could still get an erection and get added support if necessary, by having the implant. Lucky you. : How in the hell did you fracture your dick??? :(

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:14 am

Larry10625 wrote:
Bionicrocketman wrote:I was implanted with a 18cm ams lgx and 4cm rte on 2-26-14 because of a fracture. I still get and maintain natural erections. It's like having the best of both worlds.

That's great. I guess medically speaking, that makes sense to me because your problem was not a vessel problem. It makes sense that you could still get an erection and get added support if necessary, by having the implant. Lucky you. : How in the hell did you fracture your dick??? :(

Larry

:?: :?: :o :o

Return to “Implants”