Titan pump like a Marble

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: Titan pump like a Marble

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:05 pm

impotentredditor wrote:Reading this post kind of scares me, I am planning to.get surgery and was thinking of going with Dr Kramer :(

Is he really that bad ?

I know. I am not at the liberty of telling what others have shared with me in confidence. But Sam’s and mine experience are not unique.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:37 pm

as far as I know a sales rep is not a medical trained person and has not authority to be in an OR.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Hugh,
I contacted Coloplast before my revision surgery and was told that their reps are in the OR and have the different divise sizes available after the surgeon determines the cylinder size to implant? Maybe another member can confirm if this is true, just stating what I was told.

I specifically asked this question as a precaution after my first implant was so undersized.

SAM
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:06 pm

You are correct; for the most part, they are available and trained for being in the OR. However, the surgeon repeatedly told me (as well as in writing) that he always has in stock all sizes available at the OR, so that he will be ready for any size determined to be needed during dilation.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Tsanchez12369

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Could you please tell us if you have reported these problems (and size differences reported in video vs report) to Kramer and what his response was? Mistakes can happen, but he should be willing to make it right!
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:09 pm

The only people from colpast that I meet were patient educators

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Tsanchez12369 wrote:... Mistakes can happen, but he should be willing to make it right!

In my opinion, he has a promising Intelectual Maturity, but his restricted Emotional Maturity doesn’t allow him to accept failure, nor deal with it appropriately. Believe me, I tried to a great extent, but you need two to dance a tango.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:59 am

My local uro does 2-3 implants a year. As does some of the others in his local uro group. As I have private insurance and have to pay deductibles, copays, and non covered items I would have gone to the uro's business office and picked the implant I wanted and could afford to pay for. I would have to pay in advance part of this. Then the surgery would have been scheduled and the rep for what ever implant I choose would be at the OR with the different sizes of the model I chose. I decided not to do that. Mostly because everyone I talked to in my coverage area including patients and uro's all said I would loose size with the implant.

Now I did get a packet and cards for my AMS LGX and my practice pump. There were no stickers though. When I pressed for this info Dr. Kramer contacted the AMS rep and obtained the documents and sent them to me. They were the same as I was told. No differences at all. My hope is that my LGX works well for me for at least 4 years when I turn 65 and hopefully Medicare will still pay and I would like to try a Titan for my next one. And with luck the LGX would have done it's job and made room for an even larger Titan.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Robocock444

Postby Robocock444 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 am

Colopladt had a similar problem a few years ago. The cure? was to squeeze the pump w two hands really really hard and pop the stuck valve. Real hard real quick. Hope it works. Having had your problems and having had 2 ams pump failures, I feel for you bro. Hope this helps. As for the new length and spacing issues....I've had the same situation. Things can look really screwed up after surgery. No two surgeries look the same. Remember, you haven't pumped up to full hardness yet so your outcome is still in doubt. First things first. Figure out the pump problem. Call your Dr and get an opinion/fix on the pump. You just may be ok after all. And if you need a new pump, he can revisit his work. And push him for a freebie. If he doesn't bite...negotiate...And call the manufacturer about your failure...cuz the unit is under a lifetime warrantee if you replace a defective part w another of the same manufacturers equip. First things first....
ROBO
2 LGX Failures. 1 Titan failure. Best Dr's in Ct. cause much pain and swelling. Saw Dr Eid and had Titan 24 +1 installed. No pain or swelling. Back in business in 14 days !

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks for the tip ROBO, I tried everything to get the pump to function easily but no success. I still wonder if leaving my old reservoir in on my revision could be the issue.
I've read a few post that the guys wanted to try vise grips, I now understand. I'm very healthy and have good hand strength, HULK HOGAN would get a hernia squeezing this rock.

SAM I Am
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

Return to “Implants”