Terrified as fuck - now or never ( or 3 years)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mr. Skin

Terrified as fuck - now or never ( or 3 years)

Postby Mr. Skin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:45 am

Hi all,

I first dismissed the idea of an implant but unfortunately I came to the conclusion that nothing else works, even if caverject and a cock ring would work would this not give me the spontaneity I'd like to have.

Unfortunately my university starts again in september (break till then) with 3 years straight studying and no chance of a bigger break in between. So I'd have to do the surgery mid of july, which is in 3,5 months.

And I am terrified as fuck of making this decision. Everyone in this forum is much too positive which actually scares me a bit.

I got some questions:

1.) Which are the real downsides, you learnt to life with (with an implant= ? Sitting differently, no bycycling anymore etc... ?

2.) If i get the procedure done 6-8 weeks before freshmen weeks, am I free to party ? Meaning dancing etc ? first week is utterly important for socializing.

3.) the discomfort with the bulb in the scrotum - does it completely diminish ?
ED since 2012
no medication works
considering implant (maybe with previous venous embolization for glans engorgement)

Greg1956

Re: Terrified as fuck - now or never ( or 3 years)

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:52 am

Every one of us has different healing times and results. I do not think I would have felt like dancing at 6 weeks, but probably OK at 8. Aside from the initial healing period when the stitches were in place and my scrotum was tender, I don’t sit any different than I ever did. I ride bike a lot and the only thing I do different now is I added a padded seat cover over the actual hard seat. I should have done that before because my balls would go numb from riding. Now the pad is great with my pump and my balls appreciate it too. For me there is very little discomfort from the bulb, but there are times when I get in a certain position and it sort of pinches my balls or sac.

I think the reason you see such positivity here is because many of us have been through years of ED and frustration. Having an implant has been our salvation, allowing us to enjoy sex again. I doubt anyone would want their implant in they could have a perfectly functioning dick, but we weren’t lucky to have that situation so this is a great substitute. But if you read statistics, men with implants and their partners express a very high satisfaction rate.

Best wishes to you. I hope it all works out.
Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 am

There is a reason that almost everybody who has had an implant is overly positive......they (we) have a completely functional dick.......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Xomanow wrote:There is a reason that almost everybody who has had an implant is overly positive......they (we) have a completely functional dick.......

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Since your are young.

Sex with different partners in one night not a problem with maintaining erection.

How you deal with the ones that are so into themselves that think you are defective that all you. I would pass them by.

Any one with ED that uses pills, pumps, needle or implant must do one of two things try and hide the solutions or be up front about.

Once you get an implant natural erections for the most part a thing of the past. A girl can suck you till she gives out you will not get hard. If she like the feeling of you growing as she sucks one of you will have to pump.

There is a possibility of some loss of legnth. There is a possiblity of some loss 9f sensation.

Depends on where you are cut you will have a scar.

razor1

Postby razor1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:50 pm

I think no matter what age, we all have so many worries as we think of getting an implant.

My personal experience and I have only been about 5-6 weeks recovery since I got the implant... Is I should have done it earlier

Honestly the first few days to weeks hurt, still uncomfortable and occasional pain till now, but improving. Everyone is different, but if you are young you should heal quicker - For me I was inflating in 3 days (under docs orders/guidance) and light non intercourse sex from 1 week (non docs orders :D)

The pump takes while getting used to, it's the last part that still is giving some occasional discomfort / pain for me. I read a lot on here and decided to just have patience to let it heal & it is getting better each day. Am sure in another month will not even notice it anymore.

If you are worried about a break 6-8 weeks after the op, I would think you most likely would be ok - but you will still need to be a bit careful not to over do shit & hurt it. The bulge for me is getting controllable now, to even wear speedo's, but it will be something you need to be careful of. Although everyone recovers differently.

Just make sure you choose a top surgeon !
45yr old, ED for 20ys in one form or another
Implanted by Dr Eid on 22.02.18 - titan 22cm (left no RTE, right 1cm RTE)
Happy with recovery so far

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Xomanow wrote:There is a reason that almost everybody who has had an implant is overly positive......they (we) have a completely functional dick.......

Yep! :D

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 am

It took me 8 years to surrender to an implant. I get mine in a few months. My advice to you is don't wait that long.

Best of luck!
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:10 am

Don't wait as I did, lost my wife to cancer before I learned how to fix problem. Wish I had know 20 years earlier as no doctor ever mentioned an implant. Photo is first inflate and it has only gotten better since. been two years and I pump almost everyday. The mental part is as important as the sex part. Get it done now and enjoy.
Attachments
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

RecentImplant

Postby RecentImplant » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:29 am

Hey man, Here's my take on your questions:

1.) Which are the real downsides, you learnt to life with (with an implant= ? Sitting differently, no bycycling anymore etc... ?

None at all. I bike to work every day, do crossfit, yoga, ski, etc. Not limited in the least.

2.) If i get the procedure done 6-8 weeks before freshmen weeks, am I free to party ? Meaning dancing etc ? first week is utterly important for socializing.

I'm 4-months post implant. By 6 weeks I would have been dancing and doing everything. I was fully back in the gym after 4 weeks. Two weeks after my surgery I fly away for a 3-day weekend with friends. I didn't dance but could do most everything. Obviously everyone's body is different but you are young and presumably fit, so that helps healing a lot. You might not be ready for sex most likely.

3.) the discomfort with the bulb in the scrotum - does it completely diminish ?[/quote]

I don't have any discomfort in mine.
46 year old, fit & healthy, single, 22 cm Titan coloplast implanted Nov. 2017, ED for 15 years, diagnosed with organic venous leakage. Pump repositioned Feb. '18.

My implant experience: http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... f=6&t=9229

Return to “Implants”