Sensation after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ruktitan

Sensation after surgery

Postby Ruktitan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Anyone noticed loss of sensation after surgery? Does it return/ how long? The entire underside of my shaft is completely numb still 4 days after surgery. I can feel the glans but nothing below?
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Johnny

Re: Sensation after surgery

Postby Johnny » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:37 pm

I remember being pretty swollen 4 days after surgery, but had no loss of sensation, you may just need time to heal
Hello, married to a beautiful wife who helped me make this decision. Had the AMS 700 implanted 18 months ago and love it. Here to help if anyone needs any advice. I'm 59 and from the Pittsburgh area.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:47 pm

For several days I only noticed the tenderness from the incision, but no numbness. I have heard here of other guys experiencing it so someone might chime in with their experience. My sensations are far better with the implant.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:56 pm

I had a puffy area under shaft & near scrotum. That's where the incision was and tubing/pump etc.
It was like that for a good couple weeks. Different areas swelling and coming down in their own time.
Swelling went down and that sensation came back after probably a few weeks if not a month.

Not to worry, I had similar worries early on.
It's true what they say, be patient and let your body heal. It's good at doing that :D

Cheers and happy healing to you!
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Ruktitan wrote:Anyone noticed loss of sensation after surgery? Does it return/ how long? The entire underside of my shaft is completely numb still 4 days after surgery. I can feel the glans but nothing below?

For me, partial sensation after surgery, like 2 or 3 weeks. Full sensation like 4 months and it is awesome. Please be patient and do not think about it. Take vitamin E to help the nerve recover.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Ruktitan wrote:Anyone noticed loss of sensation after surgery? Does it return/ how long? The entire underside of my shaft is completely numb still 4 days after surgery. I can feel the glans but nothing below?

When they cut, there is always the chance they could cut nerves. Sometimes they rejuvenate, sometimes not so much. Sorry, can't really answer your question. :)

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:25 pm

The whole underside of my penis was numb for a while after surgery, but resolved to the point that only the incision site was numb. It still is somewhat numb, but the rest of my penis is fine. Nerves heal or don’t heal at their own pace. Like a lot of orther aspects of implant recovery, it takes patience. I suck at patience. ;)
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

JohnThomas

Postby JohnThomas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:50 am

I am now in day 3 post op and have no swelling, bruising or pain in my penis or scrotum. I do have some sharp pain in the groin area where the drainage was inserted.

Penis is stil a bit tender but I do have sensation and no numbness

If you are worried go back to your doctor, I would suggest
J
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

DonDon

Postby DonDon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:59 am

Have the same problem with one addition. While the whole underside of my penis was numb, also I could not feel the urine passing when urinating. Very weird. I would have to look down so see if it was still coming out. I am 7 months past surgery and a little feeling is coming back to the underside. Not so much on the urination part. I told my doctor that I would re-evaluate at 1 year past.
Aug'15: RP NON nerve-sparing on Rt. Pills, vac pump, injections: Injections were best, about 50%. Aug'17: Penile pain and headaches. Implant: AMS CX 18 cm+2 cm. (Undersized! :x ) Asked for LGX! Ochsner Hospital, New Orleans, LA Still working great.

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Yes the whole underside is numb for me too. Glad to know it may come back. Im not having much luck here already
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Return to “Implants”