The difference in inplants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captn20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby Captn20 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Well...now I'm somewhat undecided and on the fence!! I clearly see the benefits of AMS when deflated.
I really don't have any preference either way. After two years of ED, I just want to avoid disappointment. Any implant that can produce adequate erection for different sexual positions (not only the missionary) without bending, folding.... is fine, regardless of the brand.
Can I achieve that with both AMS and Titan?
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

ThePlumber1964
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:03 pm
Location: Orlando, FL. USA

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 pm

I have had both. The only certain with the Titan is that you can achieve a girthier penis, that either AMS LGX or CX cannot provide. However, if your girth is no more than 5-5 1/2”, AMS will do the trick.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

merrix
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:08 am

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby merrix » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:43 am

As easily seen from all the posts above, almost everybody will recommend the implant they have. And since AMS have a larger market share than Titan, more people will recommend AMS. Does it mean it is better? No definitely not. The reason why AMS has a larger market share does not necessarily have anything to do with being better. There are more Volkswagen sold than BMW. More PCs sold than Macs. Does it mean they are better? No not by default.
In the case of AMS vs Titan, of course AMS could be better. As well as it could be worse.
So we won't know. Even the guys who had both won't know. They will know what worked better for them, including the effect of their doc's job, which maybe was better with one implant than the other, which will influence their preference. but they won't know what on average would be better for the whole population.
And so won't I.

What I (think I) know is:

Titan is harder. For several reasons.
Harder material (Bioflex vs Silicon).
Larger diameter which just makes it sturdier and gives it more stability.
Thicker fixed, uninflatable part, which means its base in the crus has a tighter fit.
On average shorter RTEs used since the AMS comes in 3 cm increments and the Titan in 2 cm, plus the fact that most docs will use more RTEs with AMS to avoid the high pump issue with the AMS. And RTEs does, all else equal, make the erection wobblier and less sturdy over time.

As said above, there is a common issue with AMS (as in more common than with Titan), to get the pump too high placed. This is because of the tubing insertion positioning.

Titan will feel more unnatural to the touch when flaccid. So does mine. Nothing that can be seen, but if I thoroughly touches my totally flaccid shaft, I will feel the edges of the hard Bioflex material on the flat (empty) cylinders. I don't give a fuck though. Nobody touches my flaccid except me. I assume an AMS will have a more natural feel when touched flaccid. This can of course be avoided by just leaving some saline in the Titan cylinders, enough to keep the cylinders from flattening (with vacuum inside). But again, I don't because I don't care what my flaccid feels like when I grab it.
AMS is softer. This is an advantage for the flaccid.

AMS has according to some a lower infection rate because of their antibacterial coating. However, Dr. Eid uses almost exclusively Titan and has one of the absolutely lowest infection rates in the world. So not sure if this is true.

AMS LGX does expand in length when inflated. However, this is not to be confused for a guarantee that your dick will be 25% longer over time with an AMS. This is bullshit. What it more means is that it will get 20% shorter when flaccid. Which is a good thing if you don't want a monster flaccid. But a bad thing if you want your flaccid to be larger. Some do.

There is simply more potential for girth with a Titan. This cannot be denied since the diameter is clearly larger. Of course, if the AMS diameter fills you up already, then this is of academic importance, but if you can make room for the full diameter of the Titan, then it is an advantage. Girth is more important than length in terms of the woman's experience.

However, I'd like to object to what is preached over and over again by some folks here on FT, and seems to have become some sort of belief here, that a Titan will have a shitty looking flaccid which stands straight out, can't be tucked nicely in underwear and looks like shit with dog ears and crinkles and whatever. If your Titan have those issues, then it probably means your doc did a shitty job and should have sticked with the AMS which is easier for the doc to implant (which by the way is one reason of its higher market share. A majority of implants are installed by low volume surgeons and they often choose AMS since it is easier to install. Especially if stacking up on the RTEs).

Take a look at my pics below. None of that. It hangs as fucking straight down as it can and looks completely normal. Except that it is bigger than most guys flaccid. So of course, If I'd gotten an AMS LGX it would have been shorter flaccid. But I don't give a fuck about my flaccid size. When I wear clothes nobody sees my dick. it is too soft and too pliable to ve visible even in tight clothes. I can point it up, down, left, right or wherever I want. Whatever works best with the clothes I currently wear.

And regarding the growth. My dick is longer now than pre op and post op. So saying Titans cannot grow your dick is wrong.

I just think most issues people have with their implants is not really because of the implant itself, but rather because of the doc who installed it. Hence, go to the best doc you possibly can. Experience matters.


IMG_3079.jpg
IMG_3079.jpg (181.13 KiB) Viewed 436 times
IMG_3084.jpg
IMG_3084.jpg (164.67 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Last edited by merrix on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted 151215
Titan 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

nudist
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby nudist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 am

you should probably add that those of us with significant peyronies most certainly should expect a titan. with my dr (who specializes in peyronies), it wasn't really debatable.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

tommy92831
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Fullerton/Newport Beach CA

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby tommy92831 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:34 am

I am new to all this and have a question- What is an RTE?? I see it mentioned on a lot of posts.
Age 71 Gay WM total top. Coloplast Titan touch 20 cm +1 RTE implanted infrapubic 3/14/18. Hoag Hospital Presbyterian Newport Beach CA. Love to share with others in the area especially gay guys

User avatar
Larry10625
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:56 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 am

tommy92831 wrote:I am new to all this and have a question- What is an RTE?? I see it mentioned on a lot of posts.



Rear Tip Extenders - They attach to the rear of the prosthesis and adds 1cm for each one. They are used to make the device fit as close to perfect as possible. :)

Larry
51 years old, married 29 years. Implanted Mar 30/17 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. (AMS 700 CX 18 + 2). Had implant removed Apr 29/17 due to Septic Shock. Liposuction By Dr. Gan and re-implant by Dr. Brock (AMS LGX 15 + 2) Dec 14/17.

User avatar
Larry10625
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:56 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm

merrix wrote:As easily seen from all the posts above, almost everybody will recommend the implant they have. And since AMS have a larger market share than Titan, more people will recommend AMS. Does it mean it is better? No definitely not. The reason why AMS has a larger market share does not necessarily have anything to do with being better. There are more Volkswagen sold than BMW. More PCs sold than Macs. Does it mean they are better? No not by default.
In the case of AMS vs Titan, of course AMS could be better. As well as it could be worse.
So we won't know. Even the guys who had both won't know. They will know what worked better for them, including the effect of their doc's job, which maybe was better with one implant than the other, which will influence their preference. but they won't know what on average would be better for the whole population.
And so won't I.

What I (think I) know is:

Titan is harder. For several reasons. Harder material (Bioflex vs Silicon). Larger diameter which just makes it sturdier and gives it more stability. Thicker diameter RTEs. Which means its base in the crus has a tighter fit. On average shorter RTEs used since the AMS comes in 3 cm increments and the Titan in 2 cm, plus the fact that most docs will use more RTEs with AMS to avoid the high pump issue with the AMS. And RTEs does, all else equal, make the erection wobblier and less sturdy over time.

As said above, there is a common issue with AMS (as in more common than with Titan), to get the pump too high placed. This is because of the tubing insertion positioning.

Titan will feel more unnatural to the touch when flaccid. So does mine. Nothing that can be seen, but if I thoroughly touches my totally flaccid shaft, I will feel the edges of the hard Bioflex material on the flat (empty) cylinders. I don't give a fuck though. Nobody touches my flaccid except me. I assume an AMS will have a more natural feel when touched flaccid. This can of course be avoided by just leaving some saline in the Titan cylinders, enough to keep the cylinders from flattening (with vacuum inside). But again, I don't because I don't care what my flaccid feels like when I grab it.
AMS is softer. This is an advantage for the flaccid.

AMS has according to some a lower infection rate because of their antibacterial coating. However, Dr. Eid uses almost exclusively Titan and has one of the absolutely lowest infection rates in the world. So not sure if this is true.

AMS LGX does expand in length when inflated. However, this is not to be confused for a guarantee that your dick will be 25% longer over time with an AMS. This is bullshit. What it more means is that it will get 20% shorter when flaccid. Which is a good thing if you don't want a monster flaccid. But a bad thing if you want your flaccid to be larger. Some do.

There is simply more potential for girth with a Titan. This cannot be denied since the diameter is clearly larger. Of course, if the AMS diameter fills you up already, then this is of academic importance, but if you can make room for the full diameter of the Titan, then it is an advantage. Girth is more important than length in terms of the woman's experience.

However, I'd like to object to what is preached over and over again by some folks here on FT, and seems to have become some sort of belief here, that a Titan will have a shitty looking flaccid which stands straight out, can't be tucked nicely in underwear and looks like shit with dog ears and crinkles and whatever. If your Titan have those issues, then it probably means your doc did a shitty job and should have sticked with the AMS which is easier for the doc to implant (which by the way is one reason of its higher market share. A majority of implants are installed by low volume surgeons and they often choose AMS since it is easier to install. Especially if stacking up on the RTEs).

Take a look at my pics below. None of that. It hangs as fucking straight down as it can and looks completely normal. Except that it is bigger than most guys flaccid. So of course, If I'd gotten an AMS LGX it would have been shorter flaccid. But I don't give a fuck about my flaccid size. When I wear clothes nobody sees my dick. it is too soft and too pliable to ve visible even in tight clothes. I can point it up, down, left, right or wherever I want. Whatever works best with the clothes I currently wear.

And regarding the growth. My dick is longer now than pre op and post op. So saying Titans cannot grow your dick is wrong.

I just think most issues people have with their implants is not really because of the implant itself, but rather because of the doc who installed it. Hence, go to the best doc you possibly can. Experience matters.


IMG_3079.jpgIMG_3084.jpg



Nice dick Merrix. I have been watching fairly closely at the posts regarding this subject... You are very correct when you say that MOST people adamantly support and recommend the implant they have, just like you did. Here's one big thing I notice about Titan owners that post as you did that looks, feel, etc. rumors are false. You my friend, have a big dick.. if I did the math correct you have a whopping 6.4 inches, which I assume is flaccid. That said, you have a lot of meat weight to pull it down. As for the dog ears, I have seen photos posted here of it. Is it everybody? Clearly not because you do not... but again, you do not have an average size package. Way back when I first joined FT, I read that MOST above average dick owners are recommended a Titan. I really don't know shit about the Titan and that's why I am careful to point out that what I say is from reading it on here or from a medical quality website. My dick hardly points down at all and I have an AMS. If I had a Titan it would stick straight out like a clothes drying rack. Understand this my friend... I don't give a frogs fat ass what make, model, size, RTE's etc. somebody else gets... I'm keepin' my AMS.

Everybody have a great day. :)

Larry
51 years old, married 29 years. Implanted Mar 30/17 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. (AMS 700 CX 18 + 2). Had implant removed Apr 29/17 due to Septic Shock. Liposuction By Dr. Gan and re-implant by Dr. Brock (AMS LGX 15 + 2) Dec 14/17.

FreddyFree
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby FreddyFree » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

FreddyFree wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:... particularly if you have a penis that is so long


What are maximum cylinder lengths of AMS and Coloplast?

I've heard of 28cm. Titan XLs


Is 21cm. the largest AMS?

Without RTEs.
Using Trimix injections. Not too successful looking into an implant.
Canada

User avatar
Larry10625
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:56 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 pm

FreddyFree wrote:
FreddyFree wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:... particularly if you have a penis that is so long


What are maximum cylinder lengths of AMS and Coloplast?

I've heard of 28cm. Titan XLs


Is 21cm. the largest AMS?

Without RTEs.



Yes. :)

Larry
51 years old, married 29 years. Implanted Mar 30/17 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. (AMS 700 CX 18 + 2). Had implant removed Apr 29/17 due to Septic Shock. Liposuction By Dr. Gan and re-implant by Dr. Brock (AMS LGX 15 + 2) Dec 14/17.

shooter1000
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby shooter1000 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 pm

This is one of the most straight forward and accurate threads I have read on this subject on FT. Personally, I think the advice given earlier about under 6" erect get an LGX, and over get a Titan is pretty spot on. 6 to 6 1/2 flip a coin or choose based upon flaccid preference.

One other comment. Erect hardness is so good with an LGX that the fact that a Titan is harder is a non issue.I have an LGX and could drive a nail with it...harder is really of no value.....again that is based on under 6 inches.
Age 73 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Larry10625 and 25 guests