Titan failure #2 :-(

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gymguytupelo

Titan failure #2 :-(

Postby gymguytupelo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 pm

:o :arrow: Well my second titan failed today. It is only 5 months old :-(
My first one lasted almost 5 years. I’m not sure why but I mean it is total depression here. I still paying the bills on this last surgery. The company covered the implant cost but the doctor and hospital bills were mine. My insurance paid some but I’m fear they not going to approve another. I’m calling tomorrow for an appointment.
Anyone been this unlucky ??

Words of encouragement needed!
[b]first implant 11/11/13 Titan OTR. 18cm 1.5cm rte.
Dr Christine Birmingham, AL. St Vincent's Hospital.
Total device failure 9/6/17. Total replacement 9/21/17. 21cm 1.5 rte
Total failure AGAIN 3/4/18 :-( Surgery set for 3/22/18

ED2013

Re: Titan failure #2 :-(

Postby ED2013 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:14 pm

It definitely happens. Suspect a leak ?

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 am

Sad, I hope you can make it work.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:20 am

gymguy,
I am not sure what I can say, but I am thinking of you and hope things get resolved soon. I can see after five years it makes sense you might get stuck with some costs, but at five months it would seem outrageous.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:24 am

gymguytupelo wrote::o :arrow: Well my second titan failed today. It is only 5 months old :-(
My first one lasted almost 5 years. I’m not sure why but I mean it is total depression here. I still paying the bills on this last surgery. The company covered the implant cost but the doctor and hospital bills were mine. My insurance paid some but I’m fear they not going to approve another. I’m calling tomorrow for an appointment.
Anyone been this unlucky ??

Words of encouragement needed!

Is it not covered under warranty?

Larry

rolaids

Postby rolaids » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:33 am

This is my very first post here. I dont have a sig made yet as the doctor never told me the specifics on my implant. I have had my first Titan implant about 5 weeks ago and almost ready for sex but am already unhappy with it as in the beginning it had that rock hard spear head shape mid shaft and now sides are straight. that Titan girth is gone. also its like one tip extends about a quarter of an inch longer than the left side does. I dont know what to think at this point. Im kinda afraid that there might be a leak in the pump and maybe doctor didnt do such a hot job himself. afraid both will be hard to prove. have my 6 week appoint on mar. 12 2018. hope all goes well.

after i figure out how to make a sig and get all the specific data from doctor, I will post what info i do know about the implant and ED. will post more later.

thank you for your time
Tim
Retired Marines. Coloplast Titan 18cm 3 cm RTE's by Dr. John Terrell Jan 2018 / September 19 Dr. John Terrell performs revision (Titan pump problem) to AMS LGX 21cm 2 RTE's

gymguytupelo

Postby gymguytupelo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:45 am

The warranty only covers the device not related medical cost. (according to what I can find on their site.) I liked the first Titan the best, it had the One Touch Release. That release was hit on accident a few times but just took a second to pump back. This current device has always seemed to be a little quirky but thought I was good to go for a few years anyway. I go to instant depression when it stops working....not that I use it every day (wish i did) so not really sure what is going on in the big head :(
[b]first implant 11/11/13 Titan OTR. 18cm 1.5cm rte.
Dr Christine Birmingham, AL. St Vincent's Hospital.
Total device failure 9/6/17. Total replacement 9/21/17. 21cm 1.5 rte
Total failure AGAIN 3/4/18 :-( Surgery set for 3/22/18

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am

rolaids wrote:This is my very first post here. I dont have a sig made yet as the doctor never told me the specifics on my implant. I have had my first Titan implant about 5 weeks ago and almost ready for sex but am already unhappy with it as in the beginning it had that rock hard spear head shape mid shaft and now sides are straight. that Titan girth is gone. also its like one tip extends about a quarter of an inch longer than the left side does. I dont know what to think at this point. Im kinda afraid that there might be a leak in the pump and maybe doctor didnt do such a hot job himself. afraid both will be hard to prove. have my 6 week appoint on mar. 12 2018. hope all goes well.

after i figure out how to make a sig and get all the specific data from doctor, I will post what info i do know about the implant and ED. will post more later.

thank you for your time
Tim

Who your doctor?

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:02 pm

rolaids wrote:This is my very first post here. I dont have a sig made yet as the doctor never told me the specifics on my implant. I have had my first Titan implant about 5 weeks ago and almost ready for sex but am already unhappy with it as in the beginning it had that rock hard spear head shape mid shaft and now sides are straight. that Titan girth is gone. also its like one tip extends about a quarter of an inch longer than the left side does. I dont know what to think at this point. Im kinda afraid that there might be a leak in the pump and maybe doctor didnt do such a hot job himself. afraid both will be hard to prove. have my 6 week appoint on mar. 12 2018. hope all goes well.

thank you for your time
Tim

Tim, be sure to tell your doctor all your concerns. There could be a simple explanation or fix if he knows about it. The signature thing is not meant to poke at you but rather provide some of the basic info so when you have questions, our members will know who is better to answer. For example, if you have a Titan and your question sounds like it could be brand related, the AMS members will sit back and watch from the sidelines while our experts with Titans provide your answers. That is how information from your signature is helpful. When I see a post (I read EVERY post) that does not have a signature, I automatically send out the message asking you to do one and providing instructions ho to do it. :)

Larry

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Has the pump bulb gone flat ?

Return to “Implants”