Regret implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bionic

Regret implant

Postby Bionic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:58 pm

I dont think I had any unrealistic expectations when I decided to get an implant. I really researched it before going ahead. I knew of all the possible complications that could have occured, save one. I know the surgeon well , having worked him on many occasions, over many years as an X-ray tech providing imaging support in procedures that required GU medical imaging, such as kidney stone removal and other procedures. In my opinion he is the best out 5 or 6 guys i worked with. I trust him. I personally know he does alot of implant surgeries.
So hes very experienced.
Prior to the implant decision I had tried oral meds, a ved device and injections with mediocre results.
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a couple of years ago and started realizing that my E.D was not going to get better, but worse. So having read from other members on the Franktalk implant forum that their biggest regret was waiting so long, when they realized the promised benefits of the implants.
I didnt have any scarring from the injections (I didnt inject very long).
So I decided to take the plunge (10/12/2018,AMS LGX infrapubically). I knew there would be some shortening and the possibility of infection.
I remember telling the surgeon I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't regret it.He very confidently told me I wouldnt. Well unfortunately" I DO."
Its bad enough unbeknownst to me, that my penis quietly atrophied over the years I was on medications that had possible impotent side effects like Gabapentin (10 yrs or more) and high blood pressure meds that inhibited nocturnal erections that maintained penis health. So loss the of length is far greater than I expected. (more than 2")
But in addition to that I am unable to feel anything because of numbness I started having right after activation.
I was able to have an orgasm by masturbating a few weeks before activation. And that was in November. And havent been able to orgasm ever since, no matter how I try.
The surgeon is at a loss to explain. Prior to surgery I was able to at least pleasure my self, now Im actually worse off that before the implant. Anyone else have comments on my predicament?
65 yrs old, Diabetes type 2 Diagnosed 2014. Implant surgery date 10/12/2017
AMS LGX 700

Smetro

Re: Regret implant

Postby Smetro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 pm

My orgasms take a bit of work. Not easy shooting inside my GF. Masturbation has changed and needs extra time to get there.
I have turned it into a positive......
Miss H loves long sessions and orgasms many times over more than 2 hrs (sometimes) and this is because I can sustain an erection for an unlimited time frame.
I often finish by hand on her tits.
My focus has shifted from my having orgasms to me giving orgasms......it’s amazing.
Paying back for all those ‘quickies’ with the ex and PE sex when I was 18 :D
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Bionic,
I am so sorry to hear of your issues. I feel so blessed that my surgery has corrected 30 years of problems and all is well. I hope you find some help.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 pm

I pray time will improve your status. Thank you for sharing.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:58 pm

I am so sorry to hear about this.

I did a quick internet seach, and I came up with two papers:

Efficient treatment of anorgasmia due to penile prosthesis implantation with combined treatment of cognitive behavioral therapy and mirtazapine

Article in Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bulteni 14(2):92-96 · June 2004 

Although postoperative complications of penile prosthesis implantation have been widely investigated, and has not been found to be associated with orgasm function, little is known about its effects on psychogenic aspects of sexual functioning after such a treatment approach. Reports of orgasmic dysfunction after penile prosthesis operation is lacking in the literature. We report a case who developed orgasmic dysfunction (anorgasmia) after penile prosthesis operation and later showed significant improvement with combined cognitive behavioral approach and miriazapine treatment.

So the above is very good news for you, since it suggests that there is hope that things will turn around.

As for me, personally, I have found that orgasm is actually better , longer lasting, and more intense after implant. My sensation around my penis is totally back to normal, and, unfortunately for me, I still have premature ejaculation at times (if I have not orgasmed in the last day) -- though, that is not a big deal since I can keep thrusting to get my women satisfied even though I have come.

Here is an excerpt from the urological care website:

Anejaculation is the inability to ejaculate semen despite stimulation of the penis by intercourse or masturbation. The causes can be psychological or physical and anejaculation can be situational or total.

Situational anejaculation means that a man can ejaculate and attain orgasm in some situations but not in others. Typically, situational ejaculation is stressed induced and occurs selectively. For example, a man who is able to ejaculate at home may not be able to do so in order to provide a specimen in a clinic because he is self-conscious and anxious. In some instances, a man may be able to ejaculate and attain orgasm with one partner but not with another. This usually occurs when there is a psychological conflict in a relationship and difficulty with one partner. In total or complete anejaculation the man is never able to ejaculate, either during intercourse or through masturbation. In the absence of spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis, deep-rooted psychological conflicts may be the cause for this scenario. Such men however, usually have normal nocturnal (night) sleep emissions of semen.

Total anejaculation is further divided into anorgasmic anejaculation and orgasmic anejaculation. In anorgasmic anejaculation the man is never able to reach an orgasm in the waking state (either by masturbation or by intercourse) and does not ejaculate. This failure to reach an orgasm is sometimes attributed to psychological inhibitions, as was previously mentioned. Some may need a high amount of stimulation before they reach orgasm and do not get this stimulation during intercourse or masturbation. Low serum testosterone levels or psychotropic medications may also prevent men from reaching orgasm and ejaculation. Hormonal therapy for the treatment of prostate cancer can also render men anorgasmic. Most men following complete or incomplete spinal cord injury (SCI) will lose their ability to ejaculate and have an orgasm. Approximately 60% of spinal cord injured males will continue to be able to have erections however. In some instances, men taking medications known as serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro) will experience ejaculation without the sensation of orgasm.

source= https://www.urologicalcare.com/ejaculation-dysfunction/anejaculation/

Once again, I am so sorry to hear about your orgasm issue; hoewever, it does indeed look like there is hope that this will get figured out (though you might need assist from a sexuality counselor)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:22 am

Sorry to hear of your problem. Infrapubic operation sometimes results in nerve damage am told. I have decided infrascrotal is what I am having. Have not finalized on my decision of which doc.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 am

Bionic wrote:I dont think I had any unrealistic expectations when I decided to get an implant. I really researched it before going ahead. I knew of all the possible complications that could have occured, save one. I know the surgeon well , having worked him on many occasions, over many years as an X-ray tech providing imaging support in procedures that required GU medical imaging, such as kidney stone removal and other procedures. In my opinion he is the best out 5 or 6 guys i worked with. I trust him. I personally know he does alot of implant surgeries.
So hes very experienced.
Prior to the implant decision I had tried oral meds, a ved device and injections with mediocre results.
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a couple of years ago and started realizing that my E.D was not going to get better, but worse. So having read from other members on the Franktalk implant forum that their biggest regret was waiting so long, when they realized the promised benefits of the implants.
I didnt have any scarring from the injections (I didnt inject very long).
So I decided to take the plunge (10/12/2018,AMS LGX infrapubically). I knew there would be some shortening and the possibility of infection.
I remember telling the surgeon I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't regret it.He very confidently told me I wouldnt. Well unfortunately" I DO."
Its bad enough unbeknownst to me, that my penis quietly atrophied over the years I was on medications that had possible impotent side effects like Gabapentin (10 yrs or more) and high blood pressure meds that inhibited nocturnal erections that maintained penis health. So loss the of length is far greater than I expected. (more than 2")
But in addition to that I am unable to feel anything because of numbness I started having right after activation.
I was able to have an orgasm by masturbating a few weeks before activation. And that was in November. And havent been able to orgasm ever since, no matter how I try.
The surgeon is at a loss to explain. Prior to surgery I was able to at least pleasure my self, now Im actually worse off that before the implant. Anyone else have comments on my predicament?

I just have a feeling that time will be good to you. Please keep us posted on how things are progressing. I have been to hell and back and for the first time in 25ish years my sex life is great... I hope you will get there soon. Has all your swelling, pain, inflamation, etc resolved? :)

Larry

Bionic

Postby Bionic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Thanks to all that took the time to respond to my post. I really dont believe my problem is psychological (though that may be an additional problem in the near future if things dont improve.)
I seriously have no physical pleasurable sensation from my penis. I feel touch, but not stimulation. Prior to my surgery I as able to orgasm even if I wasnt horny just by masturbating long enough even in a flaccid state.
Im hoping for the best that things will improve in the near future. I have a follow up appt in March with the surgeon. I dont think he did anything wrong, he did what I asked. My problem is that hes not acknowledging or responding in a favorable way to outcome, given the circumstances. I will admit that I was shocked by the length loss (which did depress me after seeing what the length actually turned out to be after activation.) And Im willing to look at the possible psychological component, but we are really talking about 'No pleasurable sensation" at all masturbating. Im afraid to even attempt intercourse because the desire is not there. I have a wonderfully understanding, , supportive patient and attractive wife.Thanks for your support.
65 yrs old, Diabetes type 2 Diagnosed 2014. Implant surgery date 10/12/2017
AMS LGX 700

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:17 pm

I had very aggressive surgery..implant and graft..
4 hours or surgery .. give the time..
Two months are nothing
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Eugene

Postby Eugene » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Bionic, I am sorry to hear about your problem. I have a similar problem, but mine is more of a progressive nature. In 2005 when I had my prostatectomy I lost a lot of sensitivity (and related difficulty achieving an orgasm) along with developing sudden E.D. problems. I used a vacuum device and injections until the injections no longer were effective. (I might add that no medical professional told me that this might happen, but I learned about on this forum) Growing frustration with using a pump and a growing interest with an implant led me to becoming bionic last September. While I am happy with my instant and hard erections and generally pleased with the success of the surgery, I did experience some negative side effects. I lost over an inch in length, but worse I have nearly lost the ability of achieving an orgasm. Achieving an orgasm is a challenge and takes a long time. When I do have an orgasm, which is rare, it is rather mild and almost nonexistent.

So I share your frustration and disappointment with the orgasm thing. As a result, I have less sex. When I do, I am less focused on me and more focused on my woman getting the best sex she has had in a long time with my rock hard dick that lasts as long as we want to play. :lol:
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

Return to “Implants”