Infra pubic or infra scrotal?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BillinAL

Re: Infra pubic or infra scrotal?

Postby BillinAL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 pm

I think it has a lot to do with the surgeon and there has got to be some luck involved. My first implant in 2014 was done infra-pubic. I lost no feeling - I had no issues with the recovery. All went very smooth, but the implant failed at almost exactly three years. Both tubes broke close to the cylinders.
I decided to have the revision done scrotally because I was hoping that only the pump would have to be replaced and the scrotal approach seem to make more sense. I selected a high volume doctor - Dr Kramer and had it done in July 2017 - about 7 months ago. I had a severe reaction to the anaesthesia which caused me extreme nausea every two hours for about two weeks - night and day. As soon as I had much feeling come back at about 3 weeks, I immediately recognized that the pump was way too high (on my first implant the pump was perfectly positioned). It has remained too high and is difficult to pump unless I get in the tub. Because of the high pump, the release on the other end of the pump is all the way to the very top of my scrotum and extremely difficult to get to to operate. Since the pump is not low in the scrotum, all the extra tubing is bunched up on the side of my scrotum. In addition, the bottom side of my penis is numb. I think this is because I had a nerve in my scrotum cut, and it was sewn up into the scar where the incision was made. It was very painful to even touch for 6 months but the nerve is slowly dying, I guess, because the pain is starting to go away, but the numbness in my penis remains. Overall, this implant is usable but just barely. My first reaction after about 2 months is that I would have a revision, but I have had so many problems with this surgery/recovery that I simply am not up for another one. The first implant spoiled me re: ease of position and operation of pump and release, easy recovery, and no loss of sensitivity.
So to the question - scrotal vs infra-pubic - there are no guarantees.
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:51 am

I find the high volume doctors can make more mistakes. They can goes far faster Infra pubic but mistakes are more problematic. It is like brain surgery. I watched the mentioned discussion just last night.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 am

I had infra pubic. Back in action in 28 days. Absolutely no regrets. No complications. Thank God.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”