Bad News

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Re: Bad News

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Hang in there. Hoping for the best for you.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes. Will keep you guys updated.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:17 am

Saline is clear, it working to me it sounds more like an infection. When my wife nueostimulator got infected after 2 weeks. She had no fever just the site was wet

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 am

Stay calm if you can. Hopefully the anti biotic will clear up what sounds like an infection. Routing for you pal.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:28 am

Larry10625 wrote:
antelope wrote:There are no platitudes to make this pretty. It sucks! Having said that, your two options are sack up or pack up.

See the doc; work out a plan; get it done. We are all here to support you in good times and bad. Prayers for quick resolution, easy healing, and the grace that conquers anger. That is all.

Exactly what he said. :)

Larry

And exactly what he said. :)

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:28 am

Limpbizcit wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Limpbizcit wrote:Hello bros! After 8 weeks my implant is gonna need to be removed. There is fluid coming from beneath the incision. No fever, puss, or pain. I'm currently on antibiotics, but it seems inevitable. To say I am down in the dumps about it is an understatement.

Who says revision is inevitable? What has analysis of this fluid revealed? Does the implant inflate and deflate?

Anticipation of what comes in the future is good, but preservethe options you have in your mind. Don't get ahead of yourself.

The fluid hasn't been a analysed. It's watery, scentless and slight yellow tinge. All was well up until last sunday. I noticed the fluid in my underwear and went to the doctor that Monday. He has not analysed the fluid. I'm gonna give the antibiotics a few more days and then I will make plans to remove it if the situation doesn't improve.

Good luck :)

Larry

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Limpbizcit wrote:Hello bros! After 8 weeks my implant is gonna need to be removed. There is fluid coming from beneath the incision. No fever, puss, or pain. I'm currently on antibiotics, but it seems inevitable. To say I am down in the dumps about it is an understatement.

Brother, I had the same thing around the same time as yours. Puss coming out from the incision and the incision seemed like it is opening again. I went to emergency and had very heavy dose of antibiotic. Locally, I used antibiotic ointment and I was aggressive in pressing the incision to get as much as puss out as possible. Behold, in under a week, all healed nicely. A couple of weeks later, you can't even tell if there was an incision there. Just take the antibiotic, keep it clean and dry and don't panic. Happy to chat over the phone, just PM me.

Matt

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:38 pm

medhatg wrote:

Brother, I had the same thing around the same time as yours. Puss coming out from the incision and the incision seemed like it is opening again. I went to emergency and had very heavy dose of antibiotic. Locally, I used antibiotic ointment and I was aggressive in pressing the incision to get as much as puss out as possible. Behold, in under a week, all healed nicely. A couple of weeks later, you can't even tell if there was an incision there. Just take the antibiotic, keep it clean and dry and don't panic. Happy to chat over the phone, just PM me.

Matt

I hope my situation works out like yours. I asked my doctor about antibiotic ointment and he said no.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:07 pm

If it is an infection, is your surgeon planning on removing the implant and leave nothing there for a while, or leaving a malleable implant for the time being ? Or is he planning on a salvage procedure in which you are implanted with a new 3 piece device during the same procedure as removal ?

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Limp
Best wishes. Hopefully the antibiotics work their wonders and it will clear up. Maybe it will just be a memory. Hope it all works out !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Return to “Implants”