Bad News

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Limpbizcit

Bad News

Postby Limpbizcit » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello bros! After 8 weeks my implant is gonna need to be removed. There is fluid coming from beneath the incision. No fever, puss, or pain. I'm currently on antibiotics, but it seems inevitable. To say I am down in the dumps about it is an understatement.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

Vagabond127

Re: Bad News

Postby Vagabond127 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Did you research your surgeon before hand?
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Limpbizcit wrote:Hello bros! After 8 weeks my implant is gonna need to be removed. There is fluid coming from beneath the incision. No fever, puss, or pain. I'm currently on antibiotics, but it seems inevitable. To say I am down in the dumps about it is an understatement.

Limpbizcit;

I know exactly what you are going through. Get your chin up. They will remove it and you will wait for 6 months, they will implant you and everything will be great. What happened to us is incredibly rare and we can't let it keep us down. I have now been implanted and everything is just great. Hang in there, you'll see. :) Don't let people blame your surgeon, this unfortunate chain of events does not necessarily mean he made a mistake.

Larry

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

There are no platitudes to make this pretty. It sucks! Having said that, your two options are sack up or pack up.

See the doc; work out a plan; get it done. We are all here to support you in good times and bad. Prayers for quick resolution, easy healing, and the grace that conquers anger. That is all.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:03 pm

antelope wrote:There are no platitudes to make this pretty. It sucks! Having said that, your two options are sack up or pack up.

See the doc; work out a plan; get it done. We are all here to support you in good times and bad. Prayers for quick resolution, easy healing, and the grace that conquers anger. That is all.

Exactly what he said. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 pm

Limpbizcit wrote:Hello bros! After 8 weeks my implant is gonna need to be removed. There is fluid coming from beneath the incision. No fever, puss, or pain. I'm currently on antibiotics, but it seems inevitable. To say I am down in the dumps about it is an understatement.

Who says revision is inevitable? What has analysis of this fluid revealed? Does the implant inflate and deflate?

Anticipation of what comes in the future is good, but preservethe options you have in your mind. Don't get ahead of yourself.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:

Who says revision is inevitable? What has analysis of this fluid revealed? Does the implant inflate and deflate?

Anticipation of what comes in the future is good, but preservethe options you have in your mind. Don't get ahead of yourself.

The fluid hasn't been a analysed. It's watery, scentless and slight yellow tinge. All was well up until last sunday. I noticed the fluid in my underwear and went to the doctor that Monday. He has not analysed the fluid. I'm gonna give the antibiotics a few more days and then I will make plans to remove it if the situation doesn't improve.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:

And the implant does inflate and deflate with no problem or pain.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:44 pm

ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:49 pm

ocitgo wrote:Your doctor has perfect reviews.
https://www.zocdoc.com/doctor/yaniv-larish-md-176843

I know. I know he did his best by me and I can call on him at any time. He's bummed out and worried about me right now.

Return to “Implants”