My Reason for being here now

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bbb2.5

My Reason for being here now

Postby bbb2.5 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:55 am

Guys I want to share with you why I am here now. When I first joined Frank Talk at the age of 48 in the fall of 2014. It was to research ED and how other men dealt with it. I mainly stayed in the background. On occasion I would post something if I was curious about a post or if I had a question. Found some informative information. I finally made my decision to get my implant. My surgery late June 2017. I was very pleased and satisfied with my result. My Doctor was pleased as well.
My doctor saw something in me that made him want me as Patient Advocate on his team for our area. At that time I was not 100% sure what a Patient Advocate actually did or how they helped patients. A Patient Advocate provides information and shares their story with guys thinking about getting implants. As a Patient Advocate I discuss with guys how to properly use their implants once they have been activated by the Doctor.. Things they need do to help with proper healing. As well as things they should not be doing. There are times when we have to be stern with some patients that aren't following post surgery instructions. Which can lead to difficulties down the road. I do not give out medical advice. I refer them back to the doctor for his guidance.
Eventually they get the hang of how to properly use their implants. Those of us that have our implants. Know it's not easy in the beginning, but once we have figured it out. Their power has been restored in their self confidence when it comes to having sex again.

I know you might be asking why am I explaining this to you? It's simple, I received a warning about how I addressed a members concerns here on FT. My advice was Lost in Translation so to speak. I am sorry that I made this member feel bad. That was not my intention. I have been through some of the exact same experiences as some of you. At one point I thought I was going to loose my new implant due an infection caused by a non related issue from a surgery that was needed to be performed just about 5 weeks out. Suspected cancer, which it was not. Guys I'm not perfect and I too have lots to learn. I am upfront and honest. Passionate about what I do as a Patient Advocate. I'm not here to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm here to help if i can.

Well that all guys and Thank You for listening.
Last edited by bbb2.5 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greg1956

Re: My Reason for being here now

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:53 am

Each time I have seen a comment from you I have never thought of it as anything but helpful and well-intentioned. I guess what we need to all remember is ED and Implants are very sensitive topics for many men. Even though you and I and many of our brothers here can be very open and direct with each other, our first interactions “talking” with someone we are unfamiliar with should be gentler, until we get to know them better.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:26 am

Greg1956 wrote:Each time I have seen a comment from you I have never thought of it as anything but helpful and well-intentioned. I guess what we need to all remember is ED and Implants are very sensitive topics for many men. Even though you and I and many of our brothers here can be very open and direct with each other, our first interactions “talking” with someone we are unfamiliar with should be gentler, until we get to know them better.

Greg

Very true statement Greg... my lesson has been learned.... Thank You for you support ;)
Last edited by bbb2.5 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:16 pm

bbb2.5
I commend you on being chosen as a Patient Educator for Coloplast
My prayers are with you be as you continue to learn about this awesome opportunity. I guess since my implant, I have been somewhat of an advocate for a lot of guys here on Frank Talk (non gratis of course and I prefer it this way) I only share from my personal experience and I hope I have encouraged and comforted those I have shared with. My advice is not Medica only sharing from my own experiences. I understand nothing about a HIPPA Oath and never intend to be encumbered by it. Some brothers have explained it to me. I'm just a man who empathizes with men like me. Again bbb2.5 I wish you much success in this new adventure.
Your Bionic Brother
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks for your time and efforts. Keep up your great well intentioned support. Not everyone is willing to spend time supporting so many people going through what we already have suffered.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Plumber,
I'm so glad after all you gave been through. Your story has a happy ending. Thanks for the compliment. Your Bionic Brother,
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:21 pm

I also applied for the patient advocate job......until I found out that it did not entail having sex with girlfriends and wives of guys who were contemplating getting an implant and were on the fence about it......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:33 pm

XO,
You are too much!

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Xomanow wrote:I also applied for the patient advocate job......until I found out that it did not entail having sex with girlfriends and wives of guys who were contemplating getting an implant and were on the fence about it......

:o :roll:
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:07 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Plumber,
I'm so glad after all you gave been through. Your story has a happy ending. Thanks for the compliment. Your Bionic Brother,
Donnie

Thank you, brother. A long trip, indeed!!! It has been a learning experience, too. Even though I interacted with people that deeply disappointed me, I also had the blessing of having people so incredibly supportive that helped me to go through this.

Cheers!

ThePlumber

Return to “Implants”