Operations of AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Operations of AMS

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:43 am

Hi guys;

I was just wondering if, after inflating, if you can just let a little out or do you have to fully deflate and the re-inflate. :? :?

Larry

David_R

Re: Operations of AMS

Postby David_R » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 am

My experience has been that when having to stop with only a partial inflation (for whatever the reason -- phone call, door bell, etc.), I have to completely deflate and then start over. My assumption is this is because of the anti-accidental inflating mechanism that starts working when I stop pumping -- just a guess on my part though.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Larry10625 wrote:Hi guys;

I was just wondering if, after inflating, if you can just let a little out or do you have to fully deflate and the re-inflate. :? :?

Larry

I have been experimenting with my late 2017 model AMS LGX's pump. The deflation valve (conrary to the instructions) does allow for partial deflation. The instructions say to hold the valve button down for a certain length of time .., 4 to 7 seconds ... to set the valve for deflation. Not true for my device,

My device's valve may be different-I do not have access to the engineering drawings.

Here are my observations:

Inflate to a partial erection. Press the valve as deepky as possible and feel for a click. (The click may be covered up by the turbulent vibration of seflating fron a fully pumped state.)
That click, I surmise, is the valve "setting" itself to deflation mode.

If you deoress the button only partway, you can stop deflation at any point and NOT have to deflate fully.

In any event, even if you do "set" the valve to deflate mode, you don't have to deflate fully to re-initiate inflation. From a partially deflated state, you just pump the bulb again as if from a fully deflated state and reset the valve for inflation. That is, you can initiate inflation from any state - fully deflated, a little bit deflated, half deflated, or nearly full.

So, the short answer to the original question is, you can partially deflate an
AMS device (at least, I can, with mine) simply by partially depressing the deflate button ONLY PARTWAY DEPRESSED. Releasing the button stops the deflation and leaves you in a partiwpally inflated state with the valve still set to continue inflation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:Hi guys;

Larry

I have been experimenting with my late 2017 model AMS LGX's pump. The deflation valve (conrary to the instructions) does allow for partial deflation. The instructions say to hold the valve button down for a certain length of time .., 4 to 7 seconds ... to set the valve for deflation. Not true for my device,

My device's valve may be different-I do not have access to the engineering drawings.

Here are my observations:

Inflate to a partial erection. Press the valve as deepky as possible and feel for a click. (The click may be covered up by the turbulent vibration of seflating fron a fully pumped state.)
That click, I surmise, is the valve "setting" itself to deflation mode.

If you deoress the button only partway, you can stop deflation at any point and NOT have to deflate fully.

In any event, even if you do "set" the valve to deflate mode, you don't have to deflate fully to re-initiate inflation. From a partially deflated state, you just pump the bulb again as if from a fully deflated state and reset the valve for inflation. That is, you can initiate inflation from any state - fully deflated, a little bit deflated, half deflated, or nearly full.

So, the short answer to the original question is, you can partially deflate an
AMS device (at least, I can, with mine) simply by partially depressing the deflate button ONLY PARTWAY DEPRESSED. Releasing the button stops the deflation and leaves you in a partiwpally inflated state with the valve still set to continue inflation.

Thanks Sheep, I will try that.

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Agree 100% with LostSheep. Based on my experience of 3 AMS pumps, if the button is just partially pressed, you have full control over the amount of deflation attained.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:43 pm

My AMS will not fully deflate if the button on pump does not set. If it is not set the pump will not 'pop' to activate the pump. If the pump doesn't set there is an open valve and partial inflation is possible. When the pump sets there should be no partial inflation.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Photo from my operating instructions

0109181321_pres.jpg
0109181321_pres.jpg (169.8 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:24 pm

ocitgo wrote:Photo from my operating instructions

0109181321_pres.jpg

Ys, I have the same instruction.

My AMS Patient LIason says the 4 seconds is wrong. It is more like 7 secionds, he says.

My experimental results say that both time factors are wrong. The depth of depressing the button is the factor, not the time. Depressing the button for a length of time WORKS for most because depressing for a long time lets you reach the linear depth necessary to reset the valve to deflation.

It irritates me that the Patient Liaisons do not understand the internal operations of their own product, but such is the world we live in. So many times, we are on our own.

LS
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:09 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
ocitgo wrote:Photo from my operating instructions

0109181321_pres.jpg

Ys, I have the same instruction.

My AMS Patient LIason says the 4 seconds is wrong. It is more like 7 secionds, he says.

My experimental results say that both time factors are wrong. The depth of depressing the button is the factor, not the time. Depressing the button for a length of time WORKS for most because depressing for a long time lets you reach the linear depth necessary to reset the valve to deflation.

It irritates me that the Patient Liaisons do not understand the internal operations of their own product, but such is the world we live in. So many times, we are on our own.

LS

Thanks very much everybody, I appreciate all your input. I only really asked so I can back off a little, if I pump too hard for her comfort. :)

Larry

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Please tell me they don't put the key-ring inside.
But if Dr can leave it hanging out I don't think I will lose my keys again.
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Return to “Implants”