Operations of AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Operations of AMS

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Larry10625 wrote:Thanks very much everybody, I appreciate all your input. I only really asked so I can back off a little, if I pump too hard for her comfort. :)

Larry

The answer is "Yes".

It has been said of me that "If you ask L. what time it is, he will tell you how to build a clock."

Not so., but I will explain how to build a sundial.....and throw in why it works and how you can use it as a True North Compass to boot.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Hello All,

I'm 4.5 months post op. My AMS pump works a little different than you gents describe. I can inflate to any-point, stop and then continue inflating later or slightly deflating if needed. I can deflate to any point, then it'll stop deflating once I stop pressing the button. It does have the tick when I start inflating if it is completely deflated, I feel the "tick" as I press hard for the first pump. It is still hard, but getting softer very slowly. I'm happy with it as it, but I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks
Matt

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:12 pm

medhatg wrote:Hello All,

I'm 4.5 months post op. My AMS pump works a little different than you gents describe. I can inflate to any-point, stop and then continue inflating later or slightly deflating if needed. I can deflate to any point, then it'll stop deflating once I stop pressing the button. It does have the tick when I start inflating if it is completely deflated, I feel the "tick" as I press hard for the first pump. It is still hard, but getting softer very slowly. I'm happy with it as it, but I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks
Matt

Matt, I do not see where the way your operation differs from the way my valve operates excapt that, on reinflatong from having the valve set for completecdeflation, I have to press the bilb once, hard and then on the second compression, then I feel the bulb collapse/break/crush as the valve sets for inflation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:16 pm

mine may work like yours, I just didn't know and haven't tried yet. :)

Larry

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Larry10625 wrote:mine may work like yours, I just didn't know and haven't tried yet. :)

Larry

Larry, are not you activated yet? It's been a while since the surgery.

Matt

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Lost Sheep is correct about the AMS deflate button instructions. There is at least to me more to the operation of this pump. I found last night my pump deflates completely by pushing the button down hard once. Otherwise deflating stops if released part way down.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm

I love my AMS. The beauty of my device is that unless I press the deflate completely down, I can release as much as I want with a slight press on the deflate button. I can also pump up more if I choose to. Once I fully press my deflate, I can completely deflate. As long as the pump is set, no saline can backfill. Make sure when you deflate you fully deflate. What you consider backfill may only be a partial deflation.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 pm

One thing that confuses me about the valve and 8mplant.

I pump up until the implant will accept no more pumps and the pump bulb only compresses about 10%. No matter how many pumps the bipulb compresses just a little and the implant gets lo more fill (I have measured caefully and paid close attention to how the implant feels in side my penis.)

If I wait a bit (sorry, have not put a stopwatch on it, but my estimate is 30 to 60 seconds),, I can get one or two more pumps (50%-60% bulb volume) before the bulb once again gets too hard to compress more than about 10%. Still no increase in size or feeling the implant got any fuller.

It really appears that a minute amount of fluid backflows from the implant throuh the valve to the reservoir very slowly, but not enough to show any measurable difference between the extrenely inflated (cannot pump the bulb) and the slightly (backflowed) partially deflated implant. The backflow (if itis indeed a backflow) stops before any discernable deflation is evident, even after an hour or more.

If i had not read that there is no provision in the AMS valve for a pressure-limiting relief mechanism I would take my observations as proof that AMS's valve lets saline flow out of the implant at a certain point (whether the volume of saline dfrom the reservoir is eshausted or just pressue in the implant or some other trigger).

It seems certain that the valve lets a little bit of fluid flow from implant to reservoir when the pressure is past a certain point AND a short period of time has passed.

Color me puzzled
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Lost sheep,
I'm not sure about the operation of the LGX but the CX cannot be over pumped. It can be pumped indefinitely because of it's pressure relief mechanism. That's why my Stretching Routine works for CX implants.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Lost sheep,
I'm not sure about the operation of the LGX but the CX cannot be over pumped. It can be pumped indefinitely because of it's pressure relief mechanism. That's why my Stretching Routine works for CX implants.
Donnie

I DID read on FrankTalk that the AMS valve does not have a pressure relief mechanism. Perhaps my source was mistaken. The CX & LGX valves at one time were different (attested to in a medical journal I read), but a FrankTalk member wrote to ne that that information is no longer true.

I tend to agree with you that there IS a relief mechanism in the valve body. I wonder at the 30 to 60 second delay factor. I will keep up my observations. My device matpy need some additional "settling in". I have only been cycling since late November 2017. It is still in the breakinperiod...I am still getting some changes and loosening up day by day

Thanks for the observation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”