Got My Implant Wednesday - Questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RoboDobo

Got My Implant Wednesday - Questions

Postby RoboDobo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 am

Started bathing and cycling yesterday.....I have soreness in the shaft ongoing, soreness in scrotum on and off, and occasional pain (like a muscle pain) at the site of the reservoir when I move in a certiain way.

- Does this sound pretty normal to you?
- What was you experience, number of days, that these things start to go away.

Any insight would be appreciated.

RoboDobo
Prostate surgery Feb 2016. Penile implant Jan 2018 Coloplast

Greg1956

Re: Got My Implant Wednesday - Questions

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:25 pm

I had very little real pain after my surgery, but I did have tenderness. My doc didn’t want me to start cycling until four weeks. I was eager and tried it myself at three weeks. I was still way too tender and even had difficulty distinguishing the pump from my balls. I figured there was a reason I was told to wait. By the fourth week I was able to cycle without much trouble.

I should add, my incision was Penoscrotal and I also had scrotoplasty done at the same time so I had a more elaborate incision than most guys would have. For those with an Infrapublic incision, feeling around for the pump might be easier soon after the implant than what I experienced.

My only soreness in my penis was from the cylinder tips pushing into my glans. That dissipated and all is well now.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Sounds perfectly normal. Should get a lil better every day. Don’t rush back into work take it easy a bit.

DroptheMike

Postby DroptheMike » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:04 pm

I feared more pain than I really ended up having to tolerate. My fear was also increased by the fact that I was not going to be able to rely on any strong pain meds. I am cursed with addictive behavior and I finally quit drinking 10 years ago. No way was I going risk stirring up any ghosts from the past by using opioids. My doctor said I would be able to manage without the pain meds and he was right. I took 800 mg of Advil daily for about 3 weeks. I even slept 5 hours the first night and he seemed impressed by that when I told him the next day when he removed the catheter and surgical drain bottle.

Most of the pain was achiness and soreness. After surgery, I was left partially inflated and at 2 weeks post op my doctor deflated me. This really helped relieve some of my pain. I ended up going back to work after 9 days. I work in a office setting and I was very happy that I only needed to use 1 week of vacation. Now I wouldn't say it was exactly easy, but I got through the first week and never looked back. I remember I was ok sitting, but I couldn't walk or stand long. While standing or walking I would get a very uncomfortable burning sensation.

I was activated by my doctor at 6 weeks and I was surprised that I had very little pain. Since activation in mid-December, I have been cycling daily as my doctor recommends. When I started cycling there was pain, especially at the glans as Greg points out. This pain has started to subside and it is getting better everyday.

I see your doctor had you start cycling just days after your surgery. I know others here also starting cycling that early as well. Not sure why there is such a difference in approaches, but the important thing is that we follow our doctor's orders. The road to recovery may be a little different, but the destination is the same. I am really happy with the results and don't have any regrets!

Good luck with your healing!
Mike
Married 57 years old. Made the decision to get an implant after several years of unsuccessful attempts using conventional medication which no longer worked. Titan 22cm w/Genesis pump implanted by Dr. Bruce Garber October 2017. Infrapubic approach.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:56 pm

RoboDobo wrote:Started bathing and cycling yesterday.....I have soreness in the shaft ongoing, soreness in scrotum on and off, and occasional pain (like a muscle pain) at the site of the reservoir when I move in a certiain way.

- Does this sound pretty normal to you?
- What was you experience, number of days, that these things start to go away.

Sounds like Dr Eid, right?

I never had reservoir pain, not even sure where it is located.

Scrotum stays sore for awhile as everything gets adjusted. I found the friction between skin and pump when cycling was making scrotum sore, so go slow and easy on the pumping at first. I did small strokes on the pump, not wall to wall, to lower the friction. Stitches come out at two weeks and that makes a big difference in comfort.

The shaft soreness I still have at 6+ weeks but much improved. It's a process of experimenting with different underwear, a much bigger flaccid, dog ears in the cylinders, etc. to find out what's going to feel the best. I have found that about five pumps is more comfortable overall than completely flaccid. All I can say is it does get better day by day.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:15 pm

I too am having scrotolplasty done with my implant. Any major pain with it separate from the implant? Or did the implant pain mask it and made it a non-issue?

Frank
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:06 am

Hi I’m 7 weeks post surgery nearly 8 weeks. The scrotum pain is now subsiding Big was mainly the new pump pressing on my right but. The shaft pain is eased by a few pumps as I had quite severe aching in the shaft if fully deflated. It’s a learning curve for sure. Best wishes.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:58 am

Spikepork wrote:Hi I’m 7 weeks post surgery nearly 8 weeks. The scrotum pain is now subsiding Big was mainly the new pump pressing on my right but. The shaft pain is eased by a few pumps as I had quite severe aching in the shaft if fully deflated. It’s a learning curve for sure. Best wishes.

The type of implant, at a minimum, would be a big help.

Larry

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 am

Titan. 22 + 1. Apologies. I’ll add it to my signature
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:56 am

ED2013 wrote:Sounds perfectly normal. Should get a lil better every day. Don’t rush back into work take it easy a bit.

I totally agree.

Return to “Implants”