Returning to the Dr. for a Checkup?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
warrenw

Returning to the Dr. for a Checkup?

Postby warrenw » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Do you guys ever return to your doctors for a routine checkup after the procedure?

I texted my Dr when I removed the catheter myself and when I had the stitches removed at urgent care. He replied to the texts but just a word or two. Now I'm 6 weeks from surgery and everything is good as far as I know. Just a little achiness after I cycle to the max, and less of a flaccid than I hoped for but improving. But I'm wondering if I should return for an office visit just to have him examine his work and confirm that all is well? Maybe I should just call his office and ask if they want to see me, although I'm 3000 miles away.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

ED2013

Re: Returning to the Dr. for a Checkup?

Postby ED2013 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Every doc has their own protocol for appointments. As long as the device is working right, and no sign of infection (pain and fever) you probably don’t need one.

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:38 pm

At about 7 weeks I went from Colorado to Maryland to see my doctor . . . since I invested so much in this I wanted the comfort of having him check everything out. Another benefit is that he was able to show me how to deflate the implant much more than I had done. I didn't realize you had to squeeze the shaft so much, or that it was ok to do so.

I too have aching if I inflate too much so it sounds like you are doing well and that a return visit is optional but may provide assurance and a few tips

Kevin
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Yep I’m on week 7 and after inflating I have quite a lot of pain on my shaft especially at night. I think this is quite normal but it can be quite severe and keep me awake. Anyone else had this.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

archway

Postby archway » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Warren: After surgery, I flew back home and since I had no issues, Dr Eid and discussed that I really didn't need to have a follow up unless I felt I needed to see him. I happened to be in NY for a vacation and scheduled a follow up visit 8 months post op. It was god to see him and his great staff. He inflated me, did a quick exam and we chatted for a while. All was well. I feel this journey was well worth it and would do if again if/ when I need to.
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

aninthin

Postby aninthin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 pm

spikepork

I think i have good pain tolerance. The pain is really bad for first 2 weeks, it was like an hell, worsening pain with sitting up or walking around, could not walk for even a minute. Iam into 5th week now, I still have to take Tylenol x 3 times a day with occasional pain pills ( given by the doctor).
37 y.o, otherwise healthy and physically fit, has ED since age 19, has some left curvature, initially found to have left venous leakage, later blockage of the artery developed, implant (Coloplast Touch) surgery done on 12/27/17.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:31 am

Thanks for the reply. Sometimes you feel “it’s just me”. At week 7 I guess I’m over expecting no pain. I don’t like taking too much medication but think I may need to for a while longer to help. Patience is not my strongest trait!

uote="aninthin"]spikepork

I think i have good pain tolerance. The pain is really bad for first 2 weeks, it was like an hell, worsening pain with sitting up or walking around, could not walk for even a minute. Iam into 5th week now, I still have to take Tylenol x 3 times a day with occasional pain pills ( given by the doctor).[/quote]
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 am

How long after you get the implant does Eid want you to remove the catheter?

I am pretty well packed and bandaged up and erect.
Probably a public bus and 2 trains to go to Eid's office.
Got a long ride. Up and down stairs and maybe standing a bit. Getting bounced around in public transportation.
-think I can take ride the bus/subway back to Eid's office or just take a cab to remove the catheter?
Then how long after surgery do the stitches get removed?
Another trip to Eid's office.
Thank you
Bond
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:40 am

Jamesbond wrote:How long after you get the implant does Eid want you to remove the catheter?

I am pretty well packed and bandaged up and erect.
Probably a public bus and 2 trains to go to Eid's office.
Got a long ride. Up and down stairs and maybe standing a bit. Getting bounced around in public transportation.
-think I can take ride the bus/subway back to Eid's office or just take a cab to remove the catheter?
Then how long after surgery do the stitches get removed?
Another trip to Eid's office.
Thank you
Bond

You can do all that to get there BUT, you won't be able to do all that on the way home, you will be WAY too uncomfortable. Do yourself a favour and go buy a bag of peas or corn niblets

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:10 am

I am a little over 4 months post op. I have had three follow-up visits. The first was to deflate the implant from the original 3/4 erection I was left with after surgery. The second was at 4 weeks for activation. The third was at 3 months just to check that everything was fully healed and that I was happy with the results.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”