Up or Down

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MrJohnson

Re: Up or Down

Postby MrJohnson » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:34 am

I agree with The Plumber, dick at 12:00 position for first 2 weeks per Dr. Eid's instruction, after that you can let it hang in any direction that feels comfortable. Regarding underwear, I have accumulated four different styles of underwear since having the procedure. You will most likely discover that, depending on what activity you're going to participate and/or how far into your recovery you are, will dictate which underwear style is most comfortable. For me, the most comfortable style changed as my recovery progressed. If I'm just hanging out or running errands boxers are comfortable. If I'm hiking I need something with a little more support and control. (Damn, that sounds like a freaking lady's bra commercial... sorry guys.)

There's a website, Underwear For Men, that has some comfortable stuff. Check it out. Also, Tommy Hilfiger makes some pretty soft and comfortable boxers.

Finally, if you're staying at a hotel for two days after the procedure, make sure you drink a LOT of water. If you don't stay well hydrated during those two days it's very possible to get dehydrated quickly following the operation. It happened to me.
Age 61. Venous leak. Implanted October 2017 with a Titan Touch.

robertm

Postby robertm » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:27 am

I've seen a lot of questions about the angle of an implanted penis when inflated, 3:00, 4:00 etc. Does the way you wear it during healing (up, down, etc.) affect the final angle when inflated? In other words, can you "sculpt" it to point more upwards when erect?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:18 am

In my case I was left with a partial erection following surgery and there was no choice but penis pointing up for a couple weeks. Like the other comments here, I wore a jockstrap during that time. After the first month I had no directive from my surgeon. I tried both ways and do both depending on what I am doing and what I am wearing. I am guessing it is down 3/4 of the time.

The only difference in underwear is the tightest and skimpiest no longer are comfortable. My favorites are the square cut boxer briefs in the same size I wore before. They allow enough room for everything, as well as freedom of movement. At the same time they offer great support.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:59 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:
warrenw wrote:
ThePlumber1964 wrote:Just as a follow up, after those 2 weeks, he will instruct you to weare it pointing down.
I didn't get that instruction that I'm aware of. The only comfortable way for me during the day is wearing up with jockey briefs for support. For sleeping or lounging around the house I wear boxers that provide no support at all. Pre-implant I always wore pointing up and that's still the only comfortable way for me.

Warrenw,

That is part of the instructions you get either from Sílvia or from Dr. Eid the day of stitches removal.

Ah, that explains it then. I had the stitches removed at a local urgent care, so no instructions from Dr Eid. Probably doesn't matter at this point, but pointing down is just really uncomfortable so I won't be doing it. Any reason why it could be important to point down?
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:45 pm

After 12 months I would have to say none of it really makes any difference..just do whatever is comfortable because eventually it all heals up and the cylinders do their job.......fill up and provide a pretty damned good erection.
Sure it’s uncomfortable initially...but it all goes away in time and your cock will decide where it wants to hang (be).
It’s not childbirth.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 pm

I think that the rationale is to be able to conceal it same as you did it before. I don’t think it really affects the implant at all.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”