This site vs medical advise

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Anonymous3

This site vs medical advise

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:49 pm

We are need to remember this site is a support group not a medical advise site. Anything said here should considered one person's experiance on his particular implant. Consider that what is here is equivalent to two guys talking on a street corner.

There are only two people that are qualified on your implant that is you and your surgeron.

If you are going to post advise do not make it sound like it will work for everyone, it worked on you and your dr approved it.

Some recent post regarding going back work and possibe pump problems. Some of the advise could actually do damage.

We are all here to support each other, not give advise contrary to sound medical advise. Only the surguron that did the work know what he did and why he did it.

To new implantees. Recovery is not a race, follow what your dr tells you. If he wants you to wait 4 weeks before you cycle the first that how long you wait. They will show you how to inflated and deflate.
Yes there are some dr that have patients cycle within a week if and only if the patient follows his instructions to the letter. That is not the normal time frame.

The key to remember
Good communication with your dr before, during and after. If when researching your Dr ask about how to contact him.
Dr like informed patients no pushy one that demand. They also like ones that follow their orders not be bull headed ones that will not.

What anyone here tells you is just another guy th at has an implant

It takes time to heal.
If you are having problems TALK TO YOUR DR

cowboybob

Re: This site vs medical advise

Postby cowboybob » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Good advice by Hugh.
68 years old, prostate removed 2007, artificial sphincter installed 2008, replaced in 2016, three piece Penile implant installed December 4, 2017.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm

cowboybob wrote:Good advice by Hugh.

Thank you Bob

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Hugh,
Great post. When I stumbled into this group, I began reading posts and figured out early on that some info was more sound than other info. The great thing here is we have first hand knowledge and experience, whereas the doctors who advise us generally only tell us what they know from a book, a class, or other guts like us. The bad thing is each and every person has a unique experience and what they/we say most likely will differ from our experience if we follow in their footsteps. I look at FT as more of a support group than a textbook, but I have learned valuable things along the way.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:34 am

Greg1956 wrote:Hugh,
Great post. When I stumbled into this group, I began reading posts and figured out early on that some info was more sound than other info. The great thing here is we have first hand knowledge and experience, whereas the doctors who advise us generally only tell us what they know from a book, a class, or other guts like us. The bad thing is each and every person has a unique experience and what they/we say most likely will differ from our experience if we follow in their footsteps. I look at FT as more of a support group than a textbook, but I have learned valuable things along the way.

Greg

You are so right. The dr do it for a living must of us have experince with one implant. Everyone has to balance what they learn here and the experince their dr has and no when it time to stop talking to the guys and talk to the trained experinced dr. We do not what the dr did, granted some of have the video. I could watch a video on docking a cruise ship but that would not make me a capatin. Neither would talking to 20 guys eith bass boats

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 am

I agree 100% with this post. For me FT provided a sounding board and a place of personal experience reference only. It also got me in touch with a fellow implanted who was good enough to meet me in person (actually drove to see me) and that was a huge benefit in my journey. But as said the key conversations and where you learn most is with your consultant and their colleagues. Everyone is very different. Not least in how long they take to heal. At week 2 post implant I rally was thinks WTF and this is gunna turn out bad. I was very sore, in pain and uncomfortable whilst reading posts of some activating at day 4! Made it even more frustrating and more worrying but I stick to the plan and at week 4.3 I'm almost here with a fully functional implant and ready for a new life. Keep the faith brothers and as my old grandpa used to say "you have two ears and one mouth so use them in this proportion".
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:21 am

Spikepork,
I LOVE your grandpa's saying. Every person on earth can benefit from those simple, but wise words.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 am

Great advice Hugh.... There are a lot of opinion on here, "Do this /Try this"... the best ones I see are "Ask Your Doctor" For some reason that one seems to scare guys. When in fact it is the best way to find out your answer.
I strongly believe that many guy have difficulty post surgery due to the fact that they DO NOT listen to their Doctors exact instructions.
Guys don't be afraid to call your Doctor and talk to him about your problem... Most of us on here can give you our experiences in how we dealt with our problems.
Good Luck to everyone, Like Hugh stated ..this is a support group, not a medical advice group.
Michael

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 pm

The internet = Free but Questionable Medical Advice............
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Xomanow wrote:The internet = Free but Questionable Medical Advice............

And everythingon the internet is true

Return to “Implants”