I think my pump is broken

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Spikepork

Re: I think my pump is broken

Postby Spikepork » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Have to agree with Larry and you do a great job. The original poster really didn’t seem to want to listen at all and if the IQ was real one would expect decent grammar and discussion ability. This forum carries good and bad experiences. Some have made me shudder, some made me laugh out loud. It is a “discussion forum” after all and thank god it exists but let’s never lose sight of the fact the final choice to have an implant is very personal when you have weight led up all the available info the risks and your personal circumstances. Keep going Larry. Great job.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

BustedBob

Postby BustedBob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:11 pm

I've done forum admin for the last 15 years and it is a thankless task, it's obvious that the admin's point of view will have a bearing on the site's ethics. If you don't like it go find somewhere else to air your views. Simple as.
As for implant negatives? I think I've experienced a he'll of a lot of them, my journey has been dark and filled with many twists and turns.
I didn't research imlants much online before my surgery, for me it was nigh on 2 years of soul searching between when I was first made aware of the proceedure by a medical professional and when I was implanted.
I found you guys in the days after my op and you have been a godsend, thank you.
It's not perfect, some of the info is open to interpretation, but we're here and I can have a hard-on while I'm typing this if I like, i don't though :)
ED 20 plus years-venous leakage, Peyronies for the last 3 years.
Implanted October 2017 at UCLH London, England. Titan Touch.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

robertm wrote:Despite posts by reallynow48, he did provide a link to another discussion forum with a lot of testimonials of very bad implant experiences. As a prospective implant patient, I read the good, the bad and the ugly before making a decision. FT is a great forum and is generally very positive about implants. Other forums are less positive. I suppose the net result may be the 80-90% reported satisfaction rate, but I don't know.

Robert, to be honest with you, I have serious doubts about this other site. You can count on one hand the number of negative implant experiences on here and yet there is a bunch on another site??? I dunno...

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Thanks guys, it is my pleasure to be your moderator. I get that some will not always like everything I do. For the most part, I think people don't offend someone on purpose, that's where I come in and remind you to be nice to each other. It's not personal. Again, thanks for all the kind comments. :)

Larry

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
robertm wrote:Despite posts by reallynow48, he did provide a link to another discussion forum with a lot of testimonials of very bad implant experiences. As a prospective implant patient, I read the good, the bad and the ugly before making a decision. FT is a great forum and is generally very positive about implants. Other forums are less positive. I suppose the net result may be the 80-90% reported satisfaction rate, but I don't know.

Robert, to be honest with you, I have serious doubts about this other site. You can count on one hand the number of negative implant experiences on here and yet there is a bunch on another site??? I dunno...

Larry

Personally, I WANT to hear both the good and bad testimonials. While there are many problems discussed on this forum, there are very few who say "Don't do it." like you can see on other sites. I have to wonder, why is that? When Reallynow48 had a problem and complained rather bluntly about it, he just gets kicked off? Are we so thin-skinned we can't tolerate some negativity? I kind of wanted to hear if, when and how he got his pump working. Maybe you'll be lucky and have no problems but I bet you'll have a couple second thoughts on down the line. I'm currently considering having mine removed. For some of us, it didn't turn out like it was advertised. Of course, my experience is unique to me and my comments are strictly IMO.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 am

TomW46 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Personally, I WANT to hear both the good and bad testimonials. While there are many problems discussed on this forum, there are very few who say "Don't do it." like you can see on other sites. I have to wonder, why is that? When Reallynow48 had a problem and complained rather bluntly about it, he just gets kicked off? Are we so thin-skinned we can't tolerate some negativity? I kind of wanted to hear if, when and how he got his pump working. Maybe you'll be lucky and have no problems but I bet you'll have a couple second thoughts on down the line. I'm currently considering having mine removed. For some of us, it didn't turn out like it was advertised. Of course, my experience is unique to me and my comments are strictly IMO.

People are not removed because of what they think, they are removed because of how they say it. You cannot call people liars, frauds, etc. Take your Geritol and don't call me again. As far as his negative comments are concerned, he simply was not taking advice to get his pump working and he didn't give it enough time. Because of pain and swelling, he couldn't get his pump working or find the release valve. He tried to order his doctor to do it and was told no. If he had left it alone for another week or two, he would of had results. Instead, he kept irritating it, calling people liars, etc, and when I cautioned him, he told me off. Bye.

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 am

OMG, I stumbled upon a BIG help. Yesterday I cycled twice for an hour each time really easy. The secret is a heating pad. I turned it up to max and when it got too hot I turned it down to med. The pump worked great... Who knew, roasted nuts pumps easier and is less painful. :)

Larry

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 am

Heated pad?? What is this?
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 am

Spikepork wrote:Heated pad?? What is this?

I don't know if you're fooling me or you're serious... I am VERY sure it's not just a Canadian thing but anyway, here is one from Walmart.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Sunbeam-73 ... SF4AYE25RB

This is great because you don't need a bath so there is no danger of screwing up the sutures. :)

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:22 am

Larry10625 wrote:OMG, I stumbled upon a BIG help. Yesterday I cycled twice for an hour each time really easy. The secret is a heating pad. I turned it up to max and when it got too hot I turned it down to med. The pump worked great... Who knew, roasted nuts pumps easier and is less painful. :)

Larry

Yep, that is my routine. Since I was not able to do the hot baths during the first two weeks since I did not have one available at my son’s apartment in NYC, I used the heating pad. Since then, I use it as a way to “tender” my penis before cycling, and to sooth it during cycling.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”